PDA

View Full Version : Police Arrest Man Camming ‘The Dark Knight’

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 10:05
http://torrentfreak.com/images/dark_knight1.jpg

A man allegedly seen ‘camming’ the latest Batman movie has been arrested by police. Following guidelines, theater employees called the police after suspicions were aroused. According to the MPAA, many other movies have been recorded at this theater.

dark knightIt was always going to be a big, big movie and it certainly didn’t disappoint, going to set a one-day box office record of $66.4 million on opening day, according to Warner’s head of distribution, Dan Fellman. No one, not even pirates are allowed to ruin this party.

Hindering piracy of the movie was always high on the list for Warner and it handed out night vision goggles in Australia in an attempt to thwart ‘cammers’ - people who record movies in theaters. In Australia ‘cammers’ are asked to leave if they are caught by theater staff, in the United States things are a little different.

According to reports, on Friday morning Eastglen 16 Theater employees grew suspicious that a man was recording, or ‘camming’ the “Dark Knight” movie. Following movie industry guidelines they called police at around 9:40pm, who arrived shortly after.

Police Arrest Man Camming ‘The Dark Knight’ (http://torrentfreak.com/police-arrest-man-camming-dark-knight-movie-080720/)

divlord
21.07.08, 11:15
Yeah the police too likes movies, they too wanna watch the record breaking movie. And with so many CAM rips flying around this is admissible.

Manas
21.07.08, 11:37
What are you talking about? :rolling_eyes:

The police arrested a man who cammed this movie...

zatoicchi
21.07.08, 11:46
i hope he has a pretty good lawyer or just deny , deny and deny the accusations..

Manas
21.07.08, 11:55
Dunno if that will work since he was caught red-handed...
And he also can't say that he was filming it for his friends... they found pirated dvds at his home.

Anyway, let's hope the best for him.

divlord
21.07.08, 12:01
What are you talking about? :rolling_eyes:

The police arrested a man who cammed this movie...

If you were telling this to me, my post was a joke. I said police toowants to watch the record breaking movies and when the police had gone to watch the movie, he saw someone camming and caught him. thats it

Manas
21.07.08, 12:20
If you were telling this to me, my post was a joke. I said police toowants to watch the record breaking movies and when the police had gone to watch the movie, he saw someone camming and caught him. thats it

Ah ok, you meant it that way. Your post was too inarticulate so I thought you might have thought that the police man actually filmed the movie to watch it.

But anyway, your intended conclusion is also wrong. The police was called when the theater employees saw that guy filming the movie...
The police wasn't there from the beginning... :wink:

Next time read the article carefully :wink:

Aurion
21.07.08, 18:17
"...No one, not even pirates are allowed to ruin this party." LOL a sucker just did :biggrin: they are so dreamy about making a BIG success of a certain production,however,lots of releasing groups are just spreading its suppliers to cam new hits :biggrin:

anon
21.07.08, 19:33
lots of releasing groups are just spreading its suppliers to cam new hits :biggrin:

the cops aren't going to tell the public someone "got away" with camming a movie every time that happens :tongue:

zatoicchi
22.07.08, 03:09
the cops aren't going to tell the public someone "got away" with camming a movie every time that happens

of course not:wink:, or else they would not get paid by the MPAA..

Aurion
24.07.08, 18:32
LOL Im 100% sure they cant handle it anymore !! people got pissed off already & so the Groups business is good tho lately :tongue:

anon
24.07.08, 22:06
for every cammer caught, other 99 manage to record a full "copy" of the movie i think :cool2: