PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft's Real Problem: The Second Coming of Apple

zatoicchi
19.07.08, 12:56
As Microsoft (MSFT) continues to waste time and resources figuring out how to win a sideline game it has already lost--Internet media--its shareholders have bigger things to worry about. Namely, the future of the Windows and Office cash cows.

It has been so long since Microsoft had anything real to worry about in these businesses that it's easy to take their perpetual domination for granted. Don't.

We've written frequently about the cloud computing threat: Google, Yahoo, Amazon, and other web-based services companies offering functionality and apps for free that Microsoft currently charges a boatload for. Microsoft is aware of this threat and is moving to try to combat it. But if it smoothly navigates a technology paradigm shift of this magnitude, it will be one of the first dominant technology vendors in history to do so. (Think IBM's transition from mainframes, DEC, etc.)

Microsoft's Real Problem: The Second Coming of Apple (http://www.alleyinsider.com/2008/7/microsoft-s-real-problems-cloud-computing-and-the-second-coming-of-apple)

anon
19.07.08, 18:54
perhaps Microsoft should release some open-source software for a change :tongue:

zatoicchi
20.07.08, 02:20
they should just buy them out , that's the easiest solution..or recruit apple engineers to come and worked for microsoft:eek3:

anon
20.07.08, 18:06
they should just buy them out , that's the easiest solution..

hey, how come i didn't think MS could also simply do that :tongue:

Aurion
21.07.08, 09:02
yeah for sure they always got something bigger to worry about (such as their new M3 OS)

@zat: about MS buying them out,I dont think this could be happening anymore !! after their failure with Yahoo,I dont think they can bargain on any more deals soon :biggrin:

anon
21.07.08, 18:07
after their failure with Yahoo,I dont think they can bargain on any more deals soon :biggrin:

steve needs to lie low for a while :cool2: