PDA

View Full Version : [July,16] Live blog: Activision at E3 is 'Guitar Hero' and beyond

Aurion
16.07.08, 18:07
LOS ANGELES--When Vivendi Universal announced it was buying Activision last December, it was clearly a bid to compete with Electronic Arts for the top spot on the world's roster of video game publishers.

Well, it's certainly not fair to judge such goals by where companies have their E3 press conferences, but if this year's media events at the video game industry's annual confab are any indication, Activision has a long way to go to catch up with EA.

That's because EA had its press conference at L.A.'s opulent Orpheum theater, and Activision is about to have its own at a much smaller venue that has no particular distinction that I'm aware of. I could, of course, be missing some great history that this building has, but I doubt it.

Regardless, it's not really about venues at all and it is entirely about game lineups and place in the industry, and it is likely that Activision will have some pretty cool things to show when it gets going, hopefully in a few minutes.

Source :

Live blog: Activision at E3 is 'Guitar Hero' and beyond | Geek Gestalt - by Daniel Terdiman - CNET News.com (http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-9992220-52.html?tag=nefd.top)

zatoicchi
17.07.08, 12:49
vivendi could make up some serious money with this acquisition..

Aurion
17.07.08, 18:02
vivendi could make up some serious money with this acquisition..

u know how luck plays side to Jerks :biggrin: u know how to gain fast cash