PDA

View Full Version : PowerColor Launches World’s First 2GB Frame Buffer Graphics Card for PCS HD 4850

zatoicchi
16.07.08, 04:30
Taipei, Taiwan – July, 14th, 2008 -- TUL Corporation –a leading manufacturer of AMD graphics cards today announced the industry’s first 2GB memory graphics card — PowerColor PCS HD4850 2GB. As the successful HD4800 series launched around the end of June, PowerColor got many positive feedbacks from both customers and media; in order to provide the greatest solution to the market consistently, PowerColor today provide the new generation architecture — the first 2GB memory graphics card to market.

PowerColor PCS HD4850 2GB based on RV770 core chip, with 800 stream processors and 2GB of GDDR3 high-speed memory, provide the brute power needed to tackle the most intense 3D games, even those with artificial intelligence, physics operations and tessellation.
Besides 2GB solution, PowerColor also offers 1GB/512MB on-board memory with professional cooling system (PCS) design; provide a series of best choice with the complete product line. This new series features Microsoft® DirectX® 10.1, CrossFireX™ technology, also support for PCI Express® 2.0, built-in HDMI with 7.1 surround audio.

|- Welcome to the PowerColor World | (http://www.powercolor.com/eng/NewsInfo.asp?id=259)

Aurion
16.07.08, 20:09
WTFFFFFF :shockkk!::shockkk!: I cant believe that !! Can u imagine how REAL the grfx would be running this gfx card ?? LOL im having a 512MB 8900GT and I feel I own the world :tongue:

zatoicchi
16.07.08, 21:54
i believe that it's more profitable to add a :wink:RAM than to upgrade the GPU but it just an opinion

Aurion
26.07.08, 15:12
i believe that it's more profitable to add a :wink:RAM than to upgrade the GPU but it just an opinion

I totally agree with ya zat,yeah I do that myself,whenever I feel my PC is sucking dirt I go buy a couple of RAM sticks :biggrin: other just like to feel in a real world when playing games so they get every single release comes out

anon
26.07.08, 19:58
whenever I feel my PC is sucking dirt I go buy a couple of RAM sticks :biggrin:

to refresh your gaming experience? :biggrin: and what do you do with the old ones...

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4422/stixbw0.gif :tongue:

Aurion
28.07.08, 13:33
no I just LOVE to upgrade u know !! when the DDR1 first released I got myself 2 stix (1Gb each) then same happened when DDR2 released (I got now 4 stix 1GB each) so im waiting till DDR3 gets a bit cheaper to replace my old ones :tongue:

anon
28.07.08, 18:14
when the DDR1 first released I got myself 2 stix (1Gb each) then same happened when DDR2 released (I got now 4 stix 1GB each) so im waiting till DDR3 gets a bit cheaper to replace my old ones :tongue:

That sounded so much like ultra-fast program opening, RAM drives and always 4-digit free mem amount in Freeram xp pro <- will post that prog @ software section, very handy ^^

Aurion
29.07.08, 13:07
well,yeah I kinda have enough ram to run 2 lost planet windows (each one requires 1.5G Ram as minimum to run smoothly :biggrin:)

anon
29.07.08, 18:28
(each one requires 1.5G Ram as minimum to run smoothly :biggrin:)

I want a task manager screen from you! ;D

Only times a process uses so much RAM here is when CS1.6 suffers of that random bug that freezes the game and makes it use 100% CPU and increasingly more memory (400, 500, 600, 700.. Mbs) until it of course crashes :tongue:

Aurion
31.07.08, 23:24
I want a task manager screen from you! ;D

LOL why ? Okay,I will take one once Im running that game,anyway,I do run such a game very smoothly without any glitches at all (100% Smooth Gaming Experience :top:)