PDA

View Full Version : Study says one in three consumers copy commercial DVDs

zatoicchi
12.07.08, 10:44
A new research study suggests that commercial DVD piracy by consumers is increasing at a dramatic rate. And perhaps it should be little surprise, but the study was funded by Macrovision, which specializes in protecting digital content.

The report was prepared by Futuresource Consulting, which polled 3,1613 users in the U.S. and 1,718 in the U.K. The report claims that one-third of consumers in the United States and the U.K. copy commercial DVDs, up from one-quarter a year ago.

DVD duplication has decreased in difficulty over the past few years as the number of personal computers with DVD-Recordable drives has exploded. Software exists that enables users to work around the copy protection routinely found on commercially created DVD movies, enabling users to make duplicates.

Macworld | Study says one in three consumers copy commercial DVDs (http://www.macworld.com/article/134337/2008/07/futuresource.html)

Aurion
12.07.08, 17:35
LOL dont expect any break out,this got too way boring that every one would bug himself writing down a Report/Study about how courts/responsible people shoud react with piracy sharing (as they claim) even by posting down reports or just in worst scenarios drag some people to courts (like what happened with Oink's) !! on the other hand,if you took a look @ cheap distributed DVDs being sold on pavements/sidewalks you would assume that internet users/movies consumers would be bugged up with such reports if anyone been known copying DVDs for his summer vacation :biggrin:

anon
12.07.08, 19:13
i have just one commercial dvd, which i did copy to test if my DVDRW worked correctly :biggrinflip:

Aurion
12.07.08, 19:16
see if somebody knew about that,you will arrested by now :biggrin:

zatoicchi
12.07.08, 21:09
see if somebody knew about that,you will arrested by now

dont woory your secret is safe with us..Mum is the Word:wink: