PDA

View Full Version : [July,9] VirusBarrier X5

Aurion
09.07.08, 17:44
VirusBarrier X5 (version 10.5.2) bills itself as simple, fast, and nonintrusive, and it certainly lives up that billing, with the notable exception of the program's nonstandard interface. But VirusBarrier's speed more than makes up for all its shortcomings. This antivirus program scans files very quickly and, perhaps more important, with very little impact on your Mac's resources. VirusBarrier has two ways of scanning your Mac: real-time and manual. The real-time scanner constantly scans your Mac's files in the background, but it didn't slow down my test Mac (a 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro) in the slightest. The manual scan is a little more resource intensive, but I hardly noticed it running while I went about my business.

Installing VirusBarrier and its companion program, Netupdate, is simple enough. Intego recommends that you install Netupdate first, which ensures that all Intego applications and virus definitions are up-to-date. Once you restart your Mac, you'll notice two things: a menu-bar item and the VirusBarrier X5 icon in the Dock. Both are useful additions, but it would be nice to have the option to omit them during the initial install.

Source :

PC World - VirusBarrier X5 (http://www.pcworld.com/article/148098/virusbarrier_x5.html)

anon
09.07.08, 18:14
"VirusBarrier X5 (version 10.5.2) bills itself as simple, fast, and nonintrusive"

sounds like the Mac equivalent of NOD32 for Win :biggrin:

i think every non-windows OS has an equivalent of the most used WinApp for every specific area (media players, browsers, firewalls, AVs, etc.) :smile:

Aurion
09.07.08, 19:04
yeah sure,now Mac got its Large expanded fans all over the world so for sure all Winappz will be Mac based created for Mac users