PDA

View Full Version : RIAA Officially Crazy, Calls Radio 'A Form of Piracy'

BrianBosworth
09.07.08, 00:56
The music industry is getting increasingly desperate these days. Proof lies in the fact that it's ramped up its efforts to get terrestrial radio broadcasters to pay the same amount in royalties that their brethren do on internet and satellite radio.
For radio has long enjoyed an odd exception under federal copyright law that requires it only to compensate songwriters and publishers, but not the musicians themselves. After going after mothers, children , disabled veterans, and even the deceased, I guess it was only a matter of time before its lawyers sought ought fresh targets.
With the latest revenue target in mind, a group called musicFirst, representing the recording industry, recently sent the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) a can of herring, a dictionary, and some free digital songs in an attempt to mock the group and highlight its fight to make them pay an equal amount in royalties as everyone else.
"It's a form of piracy, if you will, but not in the classic sense as we think of it," said Martin Machowsky, a musicFirst spokesman. "Today we gifted them a can of herring, about their argument that they provide promotional value. We think that's a red herring. Nobody listens to the radio for the commercials."
What's particularly funny in all of this is that seems to be a case of reverse payola and shows just how out of touch the music industry is these days. It used to pay radio stations to get bands some exposure and now it wants to make them pay to expose their bands?
Oh my has the recording industry lost its mind.

Source: RIAA Officially Crazy, Calls Radio 'A Form of Piracy' (http://www.zeropaid.com/news/9594/RIAA%20Officially%20Crazy,%20Calls%20Radio%20'A%20 Form%20of%20Piracy)'

Aurion
09.07.08, 07:23
LOOL man this is way crazy this time,now they want to suit radio channels for broadcasting free music for radio fans !! but I dont think that any court would ever order to close down all radios as of they think its piracy :stupid:

zatoicchi
09.07.08, 10:07
anything to promote illegal downloading ,,the RIAA will do anything for recognitions

Aurion
09.07.08, 10:11
anything to promote illegal downloading ,,the RIAA will do anything for recognitions

well,in this case its a digital music broadcasting industry which is considered a decent profession all around the world :biggrin:

anon
09.07.08, 18:26
so you can't even listen to the radio without fearing the police will be after you? how the .... is that???

zatoicchi
10.07.08, 12:41
so you can't even listen to the radio without fearing the police will be after you? how the .... is that???

yep, it's getting ridiculous..next it will be illegal to watch movies on tv

Aurion
10.07.08, 20:00
or use or ur cell phone to send a blank sms :biggrin:

anon
10.07.08, 20:08
talk about freedom of speech then. :tongue: glad it's been like 3 months i don't add credit to my mobile xD

Aurion
11.07.08, 11:30
good work,dont even bother,I guess cell phone is sick thing,just sucks ur cash while u can do those calls online

anon
11.07.08, 18:25
while u can do those calls online

you can even send and receive sms online :biggrin:

Aurion
11.07.08, 18:55
you can even send and receive sms online :biggrin:

I used to use a website to do that & freak my friends out since all msgs or calls were with "Uknown Number" so they thought im kinda secret service or something :biggrin:

anon
11.07.08, 19:44
all msgs or calls were with "Uknown Number" so they thought im kinda secret service or something :biggrin:

nice trick :biggrin: here sms-sending pages get you an exclusive number so that your destinatary's phone knows who to reply back. messages sent to that number appear in a box to the right of the sending form, and the No. itself expires when you close the window... (just for you to know ^^)

but they still have no idea of who's SMSing them stuff too :cool2:

Aurion
11.07.08, 20:48
yeah that free service sometimes come handy when you are out of range or maybe captured by Enemy (War Scenarios) but yet an Internet connection is your only way to say "Helpppp" :tongue:

anon
11.07.08, 20:52
but yet an Internet connection is your only way to say "Helpppp" :tongue:

can you imagine getting a "the page cannot be displayed" in such situations? :tongue:

Aurion
11.07.08, 21:27
:shockkk!: no I dont want to imagine since I will put a bullet in my head :biggrin: