PDA

View Full Version : Freegate 6.75 (anonymous surfing)

anon
06.07.08, 18:36
Freegate is an anti-censorship software for secure and fast Internet access. It was developed and maintained by Dynamic Internet Technology Inc. (DIT), a pioneer in censorship-circumvention operation.
users access web sites overseas as fast as their local ones;
requires no installation or change in system setting;
a single executable file on a Windows platform.

Freegate works by tapping into an anti-censorship backbone, DynaWeb, DIT's P2P-like proxy network system.

Freegate's anti-censorship capability is further enhanced by a new, unique encryption and compression algorithm in the versions of 6.33 and above.

DOWNLOAD PAGE (http://us.dongtaiwang.com/loc/download_eng.php)

another anonymous browsing utility we can add to our collection :wink: the servers are extremely fast, pages load instantly here.
its authors have also developed Dynaweb (https://us.dongtaiwang.com/loc/download_eng.php), a fast, dynamic, free SSL-encrypted web proxy with no advertising :smile:

Aurion
06.07.08, 18:41
I get this when loading up that SSL Fre Encrypted Proxy :

us.dongtaiwang.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self signed.
The certificate is only valid for 2OMsQz8H9f

(Error code: sec_error_ca_cert_invalid) :eek3:

anon
06.07.08, 18:56
click "Or you can add an exception…", then press "Add Exception…" -> "Get Certificate", wait a bit, then "Confirm Security Exception" (make sure the "permanently store...." checkbox is checked)

you will now be able to visit the web proxy :top: this happens because the cert isn't digitally signed by a well-known company (verisign, cybertrust, etc) and FF3 detects that as a security breach. this also applies to any site you get this error with...

zatoicchi
07.07.08, 03:57
I get this when loading up that SSL Fre Encrypted Proxy

works ok for me, installed without any problem at all. another application for anonymous surfing
to test out is always good to have..

Aurion
07.07.08, 07:50
click "Or you can add an exception…", then press "Add Exception…" -> "Get Certificate", wait a bit, then "Confirm Security Exception" (make sure the "permanently store...." checkbox is checked)

you will now be able to visit the web proxy :top: this happens because the cert isn't digitally signed by a well-known company (verisign, cybertrust, etc) and FF3 detects that as a security breach. this also applies to any site you get this error with...

damn,those encrypted configs should be auto detected by FF3,I mean no restrictions applied on my PC so thought this should work without manually setting anything,anyway,gonna set those parameters once I get home then inform you with results :top:

anon
07.07.08, 15:38
works ok for me, installed without any problem at all.

he meant the web proxy dynaweb, not the freegate app :top:

damn,those encrypted configs should be auto detected by FF3,I mean no restrictions applied on my PC so thought this should work without manually setting anything

nah, not really, it's better this way :smile: because phishing pages could also easily use a self-signed certificate to make the little lock icon appear in your browser and make you think the site is secure, when as a matter of fact it's still a data-stealing page :top:

vDD+wR
07.07.08, 23:57
as you're talking about this app only in combination with ff3 i'm now asking myself if it works with opera 9.5 too?
what do i have to do to make it work? just setting up the proxy settings in the options menu?

and my 2nd question, is it useful and fast in combination with utorrent compared to utorrents perfomance without it?

anon
08.07.08, 00:03
as you're talking about this app only in combination with ff3 i'm now asking myself if it works with opera 9.5 too?
what do i have to do to make it work? just setting up the proxy settings in the options menu?

yea just set your proxy address to 127.0.0.1, port 8580 and done :) remember to disable proxies when you close freegate :wink:

and my 2nd question, is it useful and fast in combination with utorrent compared to utorrents perfomance without it?

i didn't understand you well but you can't use the proxy for torrenting anyway (not even just to contact trackers): announces will always fail with error 403 and you won't be able to connect to peers at all

vDD+wR
08.07.08, 20:46
yea just set your proxy address to 127.0.0.1, port 8580 and done :)

thats what i thougt, how it might work too.
but instead of messing up operas settings i could ask..:wink:

you can't use the proxy for torrenting anyway (not even just to contact trackers): announces will always fail with error 403 and you won't be able to connect to peers at all

yeah, that was my intention. i was hoping to use this tool in order to improve the security while seeding & leeching with utorrent.

but no probs anyway..:smile:

greetz

Aurion
09.07.08, 05:15
well as anon mentioned earlier none of the Proxifiers around the web can be used to anonmouse torrent tracking while leeching/seeding tho this should be only used for surfing & emailing !! anyway maybe someday me & anon can figure out a way to anonmouse torrent tracking :tongue:

vDD+wR
09.07.08, 11:24
anyway maybe someday me & anon can figure out a way to anonmouse torrent tracking

from that moment on, you guys would be my new heroes!:wink:

zatoicchi
09.07.08, 11:33
someday me & anon can figure out a way to anonmouse torrent tracking

when the day come count me in for a beta test

Aurion
09.07.08, 14:01
when the day come count me in for a beta test

yeah for sure zat you would be a member of the dreamy team :biggrin:

anon
09.07.08, 19:33
well as anon mentioned earlier none of the Proxifiers around the web can be used to anonmouse torrent tracking while leeching/seeding tho this should be only used for surfing & emailing !!

that's right. :wink:

anyway maybe someday me & anon can figure out a way to anonmouse torrent tracking :tongue:

maybe that day will be today. i'm sure there must be a way of contacting the tracker through the proxy... i'll start experimenting right now :smile:

@ zat: of course. :top: