PDA

View Full Version : Hacker Maddox Aressted

zatoicchi
30.06.08, 21:48
According to a report from German newspaper NRC Handelsblad, Dutch authorities arrested the 20-year old computer hacker Jasper Houben last Tuesday evening.

Known in the underground community under his online pseudonym of “MaddoxX,” Houben ran an anti-Valve forum known as No-Steam, as well as the piracy group “EMPORiO,” which specialized in releasing cracked copies of Valve’s Steam titles, including Counter-Strike and Half-Life 2.

MaddoxX made headlines back in April of 2007 when he posted a threat letter to Valve on his No-Steam Web site, publicly revealing sensitive data on a number of subscribers to Valve’s Cyber Cafe service in the process.

Not only is he being charged for hacking into Valve’s servers, but also for downloading an in-development version of Activision’s Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, as well as stealing credit card data on 50,000 customers from an English tickets site. To put it simply: he’s screwed.

Dutch Authorities Arrest Outspoken Steam Hacker MaddoxX - eXophase.com (http://exophase.com/industry/dutch-authorities-arrest-outspoken-steam-hacker-maddoxx-6097.htm)

shoulder
30.06.08, 22:10
Well, I didn't know him before, I think it's because I don't like CS and HL that much. :biggrin:

On the one site I'm happy he is caught, but on the other hand I have respect for being able to do all these things and doing them.

Aurion
01.07.08, 11:25
Well,first of all,WOOOOOOOW :shockkk!: I was just like "WTF is that !!!"
If im capable of doing all that then I guess I will get low all my life NJoying what I do !! the thing is that 20 years old & leading a Piracy Group,damn he is good :klatsch_3: but yeah he will try to hack his own cell now to add a new technology to the World :biggrin: