PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Government Orders Immediate Torrent Site Blackout

anon
27.06.08, 18:40
Reports are coming in that the government in Malaysia has ordered the immediate suspension of many BitTorrent trackers hosted in the country. In a shock move, the government - citing the ‘Copyright Act 1987′ - has ordered hosts to suspend servers hosting BitTorrent sites, pending an investigation. Many sites are offline.

Malaysian Government Orders Immediate Torrent Site Blackout | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/malaysian-government-orders-immediate-torrent-site-blackout-080627/)

zatoicchi
27.06.08, 19:12
Ftn is on this piradius network which located in malaysia ..thats why ftn is down

Rebound
28.06.08, 18:56
Fuck. Now is Malaysia not a secure country, for all illegal sites... I think many trackers will go down and they must switch there servers to another secure country. I think china is very secure. :wink:

maniak
28.06.08, 22:12
damm... and what about PTN??
is it hosted in malaysia??

zatoicchi
29.06.08, 05:58
damm... and what about PTN??
is it hosted in malaysia??

they moving their servers but it has been down for almost 1 week now..i guess time will tell

anon
29.06.08, 17:55
i guess time will tell

hope they come back again just like demonoid after the cria issue :wink:

Aurion
30.06.08, 16:45
Well,most famous trackers now are closed down since that Oink issue,and about China yeah I guess even USA cant harm China any any means possible LOL :biggrin: (Nucleas OWNZ) anyway,a huge number of trackers are using hidden servers in the mountains hahahaha to host their data base :tongue:

anon
30.06.08, 17:33
anyway,a huge number of trackers are using hidden servers in the mountains hahahaha to host their data base :tongue:

which made me think... could you imagine a tracker hosted on the ocean/international waters? that would be awesome :klatsch_3:

zatoicchi
01.07.08, 03:49
the following was posted today on the ExtremeBits site:

"ExtremeBits.org and RapThe.Net were suspended due to pressure from the Malaysian government. We have backups of everything - nothing is lost! Sites have now moved to new servers, and will be back up the 17th of july. Please do not remove torrents etc, we WILL be back up on the 17th! See you then! Enjoy your summer! /x0r"

For fans of Extreme sports footage.....this tracker rules! It is nice to know that some of these Malaysian-based trackers will come back

glad to see them survive , it's a good tracker for sport would hate to see them disappear too since their network was base in malaysia..im surprised that malaysia hosted a lot of famous trackers

Manas
01.07.08, 11:40
That are really bad news. Malaysia was supposed to be a very secure country if it comes to hosting torrent sites..

Now one of the last secure hosting places also vanished... very sad :eek13:

Fuck. Now is Malaysia not a secure country, for all illegal sites... I think many trackers will go down and they must switch there servers to another secure country. I think china is very secure.

China also had raids in the past. Dunno if it would be wise to go there....

Aurion
01.07.08, 11:55
China also had raids in the past. Dunno if it would be wise to go there....

well,yeah but I dont think they care about piracy or illegal sharing,I mean they are already illegaly manufacturing every product that already has been been produced before by a Large Famous company just to sell it cheaper !! they are FREAKS man

anon
01.07.08, 15:49
I mean they are already illegaly manufacturing every product that already has been been produced before by a Large Famous company just to sell it cheaper !! they are FREAKS man

well, some are counterfeit... but most seek to "cheat" you into believing it is a real product :tongue: like SOMY'S POP station with just one game, or SEGO game consoles xDDD

Aurion
03.07.08, 12:16
well, some are counterfeit... but most seek to "cheat" you into believing it is a real product :tongue: like SOMY'S POP station with just one game, or SEGO game consoles xDDD

LOOL yeah thats exactly what they do tho :biggrin: