PDA

View Full Version : IsoHunt Goes Secure, Adds SSL Encryption

anon
27.06.08, 18:39
ISPs and authorities increasingly use Deep Packet Inspection hardware to block access to BitTorrent sites, or spy on users’ browsing habits. To offer its users more privacy, isoHunt has now added SSL encryption, making it impossible for your ISP or the authorities to monitor your activities on the BitTorrent site.

IsoHunt Goes Secure, Adds SSL Encryption | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/isohunt-goes-secure-adds-ssl-encryption-080627/)

shoulder
27.06.08, 18:45
Well, after TPB now isoHunt also adds a secure connection.
I like this new "trend". :smile:

zatoicchi
27.06.08, 19:13
the more secure the more safer for the user at least..

anon
27.06.08, 19:44
Well, after TPB now isoHunt also adds a secure connection.
I like this new "trend". :smile:

now we're two :smile: ssl keeps you safe and also helps work around some (lame) ISP's "protections" that won't let you get .torrent metadata at all :rolleyes2:

zatoicchi
27.06.08, 20:20
every should adapt to this system to protect you and the users

Aurion
30.06.08, 16:52
SSL encryption is always great since it masks user activities around the web but with some ISPs users might experience slow speeds due to unrecognized data trasfered using certain IPs,many Trackers now are pledging those SSL encryptors to guarantee secured access to their data base one of them is BCG (its offering now the idea of adding this SSL encryption by putting up a poll),I guess TT also added the SSL encryption already 2 months ago,anyway,I guess those guys know what they are doing to Keep what so called "Torrenting" alive :biggrin:

anon
30.06.08, 17:42
ssl also breaks censorship (unless they block sites by DNS name) because of its encryption. what's next, crypted announces? :biggrin:

https://open.tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce?........... :)

shoulder
30.06.08, 18:49
I think in futre SSL will become a standard for torrent sites.
A lot of ALT already provide it, some even can't be accessed without using it.

Now the open tracker follow it, because the security is getting more and more important.

Aurion
01.07.08, 11:47
Now the open tracker follow it, because the security is getting more and more important.

and thats the Idea tho,now they are just narrowing internet usage ranges so users feel pissed off :tongue: