PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Editing a new Thread

zatoicchi
15.06.08, 05:22
is it possible to edit a new thread?
can't seem to Edit new thread title, only reply post can be edited

shoulder
15.06.08, 12:45
So it is, I think only mods and VIPs are able to edit the thread title.

And you can edit your posts only 48h after posting.

Dagon
15.06.08, 14:54
it is possible ;-)

klick on edit and then klick on "erweitert".

i am the trickster ;-)

Mfg Dagon

shoulder
15.06.08, 14:57
But the title isn't changing in the forum overview, I think.

Dagon
15.06.08, 15:15
no tested right now doesnt change in the overview :-(. only direct in the thread.

Mfg Dagon

zatoicchi
16.06.08, 04:42
But the title isn't changing in the forum overview, I think.

Tried it many times to edit the thread titles..cannot be done..once you post a thread titles, can't be change only on the reply section you can edit.made a mistake on the title thread, when i try to change it, i could not

hitman
16.06.08, 13:32
just give us a pn we can change ist for you :D

Aurion
16.06.08, 16:58
just give us a pn we can change ist for you :D

LOl why not giving members the authority to edit their own Threads,I mean at least from certian ranks such as Advanced members (for sure you wont give a n00bie some special previlige than being a normal member till he gets active) :biggrin:

shoulder
16.06.08, 17:01
VIP's are able to edit thread titles I think, so there is a usergroup which is able to do so.

Aurion
16.06.08, 21:01
VIP's are able to edit thread titles I think, so there is a usergroup which is able to do so.

its just I meant that maybe later Admins/Mods can provide this function to members over a certian posts number !! :top:

zatoicchi
16.06.08, 23:12
well maybe the mods can implement a title change for the post you only make during that time of post

Rebound
16.06.08, 23:44
Hrhr, very funny, all the members are not know the web 2.0 way. We live in the future, with ajax functions. :biggrin:

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9452/ajaxmd8.png

Very easy to edit your thread title, iīve made a little screen for understanding. :wink:

Double click in the "free room" and you can quick edit your title. You will see, itīs done. ;)

But note: After 48 hours itīs not possible to edit anyone post, Thread or title. :wink:

best regards and good night SB-I Community

Rebound

zatoicchi
16.06.08, 23:50
thanks rebound , tried that but it did not work for me..that's why i made a post regarding this subject. will try it again later when i make a mistake. thanks again

Rebound
16.06.08, 23:53
thanks rebound , tried that but it did not work for me..that's why i made a post regarding this subject. will try it again later when i make a mistake. thanks again

Be sure that the thread donīt posted before 48 hours. I think then it works. Please test again and let me know your results. :smile:

best regards

Rebound

Rebound
17.06.08, 00:00
Iīve found the mistake. Itīs only possible to edit the thread title five minutes after posting.

Any change after that you must ask a staff member for changing.

best regards

Rebound

Aurion
18.06.08, 01:13
Iīve found the mistake. Itīs only possible to edit the thread title five minutes after posting.

Any change after that you must ask a staff member for changing.

best regards

Rebound

Well,thanks rebound for informing us about that function,I was aware with it :biggrin: also dont you think that 5 minutes are a bit short period ?? I mean some times you might just remmeber to rephrase/change some words in the topic's title :tongue: Anyway,at least we will remember those 5 minutes each time we post a new topic :top:

Rebound
18.06.08, 14:06
Well,thanks rebound for informing us about that function,I was aware with it :biggrin: also dont you think that 5 minutes are a bit short period ?? I mean some times you might just remmeber to rephrase/change some words in the topic's title :tongue: Anyway,at least we will remember those 5 minutes each time we post a new topic :top:

What time do you wish for editing the thread title?

best regards

Rebound

zatoicchi
19.06.08, 04:25
What time do you wish for editing the thread title?

Is there possibility that we can change it to .5 or 1 hr. i think that should be suffficient for me if thats ok, if not then i do understands.. thank you

Rebound
19.06.08, 18:53
Is there possibility that we can change it to .5 or 1 hr. i think that should be suffficient for me if thats ok, if not then i do understands.. thank you

Ok, changed to one hour. I think thats enough. :wink:

best regards

Rebound

Aurion
19.06.08, 21:33
Ok, changed to one hour. I think thats enough. :wink:

best regards

Rebound

WOW :shockkk!: Thanks alot my friend for your generousity,this is too way fair :top: