PDA

View Full Version : Change Name XP Registered to !! (Nice Trick)

Aurion
14.06.08, 14:18
Well,Hey There guys !! Hope you are NJoying Weekends coz I Do !!:tongue: Anyway,Just Remembered an intersting Trick that Ive used to do every time I go to Brother's Work Floor (He was like "Stop it" it drove him crazy) !! For Sure some people might know it already,so who dont here it is !!:biggrin:

Step By Step TUT :

1.) Click the start button and navigate to "Run" then type in "regedit" and click Run

2.) Navigate through "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", "SOFTWARE", "Microsoft", "Windows NT", and then to "CurrentVersion".

3.) On the right hand window find "RegisteredOwner". Right click it, then choose modify. Under "Value Data" change the name. DO NOT CHANGE THE VALUE NAME!
Option.)You can also change the "Value Data For "RegisteredOrganization" if your computer is meant for professional use (E.g. if It is your work computer you can put your buisiness name in there).

4.) Exit and reboot to see your changes !! :top:

anon
14.06.08, 18:45
this is cool when someone gives you a computer and it already has their name as registeredowner and you don't feel like reinstalling :biggrin: what happened to me when i got my first computer that is :top:

zatoicchi
14.06.08, 21:10
good info, always wanted to know how to do that.too much time installing a program that does that and reinstalling the os just to change a name..thanks

LeXuS
14.06.08, 23:08
hmm i dont understand waht will happen when you change this setting in the regestry.
can someone explain me again?

english or german i dont care:D

thanks in advance, LeXuS

anon
14.06.08, 23:13
right click "my computer" and choose properties. in the screen that appears you will see a "registered to:" section, and the name and (optional) company name you have specified when installing windows. this trick can change those without you having to reinstall :wink:

Aurion
14.06.08, 23:24
@ anon : Thanks my friend for assesting him,was gonna Reply back to him before I saw your Reply,I was off for a couple of hours !!

LeXuS
14.06.08, 23:45
ok thx, but i find it quite useless :rolleyes2:

i dont care if there is written anything :biggrin:

but if good trick!

hf, LeXuS

Aurion
15.06.08, 12:49
ok thx, but i find it quite useless :rolleyes2:

i dont care if there is written anything :biggrin:

but if good trick!

hf, LeXuS

Well,it might be useless to you Buddy,but for some people its sort of Fun to mess with the registered PC !! :top:

anon
15.06.08, 19:16
but for some people its sort of Fun to mess with the registered PC !! :top:

= me :biggrin:

i like trying and testing new stuff. if something bad happens i have erunt :wink:

i also have a second windows setup in my D: drive for when i render my main WinXP unbootable/unusable xD

zatoicchi
15.06.08, 22:29
tip and tricks are always a handy, they a part of a learning experience .you never know one day it good be useful

Aurion
15.06.08, 22:43
NJoy messing up guys !! :top: