PDA

View Full Version : Get 20% Bandwith Back Off Of XP !!

Aurion
13.06.08, 19:31
Well,since windows XP is Like all other Microsoft's Releases,full of Bugs to be discovered,I came across a nice Tweak to get 20% Bandwith back that XP reserves for Error Reporting & Remote Access (in case of Networks) !! Apply & NJoy !! :top:

ONLY For XP Professional.

Step By Step Tut :

1.make sure your logged on as actually "Administrator". Do not log on with any account that just has administrator privileges.
2. Start - run - type gpedit.msc
3. Expand the "local computer policy" branch, and then the "Computer Configuration" branch
4. Expand the "administrative templates" branch
5. Expand the "network branch"
6. Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler" in left window
7. In right window double click the "limit reservable bandwidth" setting
8. On setting tab check the "enabled" item (Even though it may not appear to be enabled, trust me, it is by default)
9. Where it says "Bandwidth limit %" change it to read 0.

You wont notice such a Major difference but its still useful for people with Large Bandwith & Speed !! :biggrin:

Dagon
13.06.08, 19:35
it will not really help i read there once becouse if u download it will even use this 20 %. it is only a higher priority for something else that is not really used.

Mfg Dagon

hitman
13.06.08, 19:36
ok done lets hope that it doesnt destroy my system you know never change a running system^^

zatoicchi
13.06.08, 19:44
ok done lets hope that it doesnt destroy my system you know never change a running system^

yep totally agree, Murphy's Law.just tried it but i cant tell the difference.is there anyway of knowing if it's working

hitman
13.06.08, 19:50
well its not a big problem i have backups of my system it takes only 3 minites to rollback

Aurion
13.06.08, 19:56
ok done lets hope that it doesnt destroy my system you know never change a running system^^

Wont ever damage your system mate,Ive tested it & im still running 100%/100% !! Dont worry buddy,I wont ever post a harmful tweak !! :wink:

NJoy people !! :top:

anon
13.06.08, 19:57
you know never change a running system^^

that leaves no room for change :biggrin:

a faster way to do this would be disabling the qos service, which isn't really needed and can save you some performance ^^

go to control panel -> network connections -> right click "local area connection" (or however you have called it) and choose properties -> highlight "QoS Packet Scheduler" and click the uninstall button below. windows may ask you to reboot. do so and done.

you may also want to disable the qos rsvp service to further save some ram:

start -> run -> type services.msc and press ENTER -> locate the "QoS RSVP" item in the list -> double click it -> click the Stop button and wait until it's stopped -> click on the drop-down list and choose "disabled". press OK and done.

@ zatoicchi: it's like dagon says, this % is only reserved when the QoS service needs speed to do whatever it is it does, so you will mostly always have your full bandwidth...

using this method you can be 100% sure it won't annoy you anymore :biggrin:

Aurion
13.06.08, 19:58
it will not really help i read there once becouse if u download it will even use this 20 %. it is only a higher priority for something else that is not really used.

Mfg Dagon

if you have read the topic carefully man you would have noticed "You wont notice a big difference but its still usefull for people with large bandwith & speed" :redface:

Aurion
13.06.08, 20:03
using this method you can be 100% sure it won't annoy you anymore :biggrin:

Well,that was the same as the Topic's name guys "get 20% bandwith back off of XP" which means being 100% Bandwith Connected all your OS's usage time !! :confused2: I was just trying to help by offering some OS Tips & Tweaks. Is it That Bad ??!!! :smile:

Sorry for Over Posting !! :rolleyes2:

anon
13.06.08, 21:09
I was just trying to help by offering some OS Tips & Tweaks. Is it That Bad ??!!! :smile:

reppy, everything's fine :smile: we appreciate your tip :wink: i was just suggesting another way to get back your bandwidth :smile:

but if for example you do need the qos scheduler to be enable (some soft needs it or it has to be enabled in a company for traffic control purposes, etc.), but wouldn't want it to use 20% of your bandwidth (in those cases it will always be used and therefore most likely always using its reserve) and want to control this %, yours is the only way to apply the trick :top:

best regards :biggrin:

zatoicchi
13.06.08, 21:17
hey reppy, everything is good no worries..appreciate all the help in this community..:D
thanks for the tip..could always used a boost on my connection

Aurion
13.06.08, 23:13
Sorry guys if I was kinda agressive ,its OK I just saw you as if arguing about a Figure in the OS rather than arquing about Tweak !! :biggrin:

I appreciate your rewies

@anon,its OK my friend I appreciate your opinion as well !!:klatsch_3: