PDA

View Full Version : Be Afraid of BitTorrent, Very, Very Afraid

zatoicchi
07.06.08, 12:01
A new file-sharing service called Rhever is using an interesting tactic to get customers. It appears to be trying to scare users away from BitTorrent and LimeWire, and onto its service. Their promo videos are entertaining, I admit that, but are you scared enough dump torrents and try it? I don’t think I am.

Be Afraid of BitTorrent, Very, Very Afraid | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/be-afraid-of-bittorrent-very-very-afraid-0806006/)

fromas
07.06.08, 12:07
lol great
YouTube - Rhever Vs. BitTorrent

god damn leechers^^:klatsch_3::top:

anon
07.06.08, 19:19
"but are you scared enough dump torrents and try it? I don’t think I am."

now we are two :smile:

this is just yet ANOTHER usenet provider... :rolleyes2:

rufus0815
07.06.08, 21:33
"but are you scared enough dump torrents and try it? I don’t think I am."

now we are two :smile:

this is just yet ANOTHER usenet provider... :rolleyes2:

there are a bunch of Usenet Providers promising that you can download anonymous and very fast.
I do not trust one of them...

This youtube video is btw very similiar to an Apple ad. I like it anyway :klatsch_3:

anon
07.06.08, 21:40
there are a bunch of Usenet Providers promising that you can download anonymous and very fast.
I do not trust one of them...

yes.. anonymous? yet it takes no effort to see ip x.x.x.x is downloading XYZ binary...
very fast? well, maybe you can download stuff at 10 mB/s without any upload, but for some reason that doesn't work out for me. everything has advantages AND disadvantages :cool2:

This youtube video is btw very similiar to an Apple ad. I like it anyway :klatsch_3:

can't negate it's fun to watch, especially bram's last comment... :tongue: it's rhever propaganda all the way... "goddamn leechers!?" leeching is what technically you're doing if using rhover's service :rolleyes2:

Ostracized
07.06.08, 22:47
How does that make it p2p if you download from usenet?

Shouldnt they be talking something about rhever vs rapidshare? :P

anon
07.06.08, 22:52
Shouldnt they be talking something about rhever vs rapidshare? :P

they can't be that straightforward, RS would sue them :yelcutelaughA:

now, if they started talking about "rhever vs. that one-click hoster whose name is 10 letters long and starts with R..."

after all they didn't hesitate to make "how awesome we are when compared to p2p networks" videos... we need an ares v. rhever one :tongue:

Aurion
15.06.08, 11:37
Well,I guess either ways they Would be sued for Encouraging L33ching !! Just a matter of time !!