PDA

View Full Version : Free 3 months Eset Smart Security/Nod32

czullo
02.06.08, 14:09
Hello i have 2 - 3 months licence for Eset Smart Security or NOD32, if you want it please post reason why i should give it to you. Only active members can have it. Please no PM if you want it reply this topic. Good luck to you all :)

caspita
04.06.08, 10:51
mmmmm, I believe that before were better as antivirus, at least very, very lighter, now I find a little too heavy, and because it was his strength..... I prefer other antivirus thx anyway:smile:

czullo
04.06.08, 12:58
for me ESET is the best :)

caspita
04.06.08, 17:09
for me ESET is the best :)

I believe that the very habit staff that one has, I was very well with the version 2, now I am well with other anti-virus example AVIRA, light and very efficient :smile:

czullo
04.06.08, 18:16
I try Avire but it use so much more recources than ESET :)

anon
04.06.08, 18:26
nod32 is largely written in ASM, that's why the engine is so fast...

in other words just use NOD 2.7 and outpost firewall 4 :biggrin: there are newer versions, but most of the time older ones do just as good while using less cpu and ram :wink:

zatoicchi
04.06.08, 20:02
nod is one of he best program out there for antivirus protection , very realiable been using it for awhile and i can say im very happy with the outcome..

caspita
05.06.08, 15:27
Nod is a good product, which combines lightness and reliability, this does not mean that it is one of the best, in many tests (not only those in vbullettin ) is never glazed for excellence, the best have always been Kaspersky, AVK, but the best antivirus is (as many laboratories tested): TrustPort antivirus with 5 engines scan, it is not light.... but it does n't pass anything, has a percentage of detection of 99.9%...

Aurion
14.06.08, 13:02
Dont want to underestimate a decent product like Nod32 since its hard to get familiar with a Strong Anti these days !! However let me be honest with you,Nod32 is like all other Anti Tools that after a while of using it you are like "WTF am I doing ?? This is a RAM Hog !!" :tongue: so if we made a good scale evaluating Nod32 to other Anti tools then I would recommend :

1. Kaspersky Internet Security ---> 36MB Ram Usage in BackGround
2. Nod32 ---> 45MB Ram Usage in Background
3. BitDefender Total Security ---> 59MB Ram Usage in Background

Tested them on my Machine to be Positive about those results !! Might be More or Less on Yours,take your tests. :biggrin:

czullo
14.06.08, 13:49
ESET Smart Security - 28MB
Kaspersky internet security 2009 - 120MB

This is on my PC, so please stop doing cheap propaganda

hitman
14.06.08, 13:58
my kaspersky is7 eats only 13 mb

anon
14.06.08, 18:22
@ hitman: no way, you have used the setprocessworkingsize cheat! :biggrin:

@ reppy:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6183/35870597ck3.gif :biggrin:

and %programfiles%\eset is just 52 MB :top:

zatoicchi
14.06.08, 22:17
my kaspersky is7 eats only 13 mb

wow, the resources is that low when it's running maybe i should change

hitman
14.06.08, 22:21
wow, the resources is that low when it's running maybe i should change

well it could be system related i deaktivated a few options in kaspersky that i hate maybe its runnig because of this with less resources

Aurion
15.06.08, 11:53
ESET Smart Security - 28MB
Kaspersky internet security 2009 - 120MB

This is on my PC, so please stop doing cheap propaganda

Well,its not a good manner of speaking the words you have stated replying to my words !! And for sure I wont give a damn sh$t about making propaganda to those products since I have used almost every Anti-Virus on the web till I figured out which suites me very well !! The stats I provided were measured on my PC (and I guess if you have read my Reply good enough,you would have noticed "On My PC,plz check yours"). :redface:

Aurion
15.06.08, 11:55
well it could be system related i deaktivated a few options in kaspersky that i hate maybe its runnig because of this with less resources

Well,its not only about activating or deactivating settings on the engine hitman it also depends on how much are your Processor Cache size & Ram bus size which controls how the OS handle Ram usage around different running processes !! so for sure it would differ from PC to another !! :wink: