PDA

View Full Version : Mac OS X Azureus SBI Mod installation Tutorial

Oscar
28.05.08, 11:45
1. Download the latest Azureus SBI Hack

2. Double click on the rar file you just downloaded to unrar it. (you will need an application to do this, I use stuffit expander "http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/182"

3. rename the Azureus .jar file to "Azureus2.jar"

4. Download Azureus from here: Azureus : Java BitTorrent Client - Download (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php)

5. Double click the downloaded Azureus disk image, and drag the enclosed Azureus application to your desktop

6. ctrl-click (right-click) on the Azureus application, and select "Show Package contents"

7. navigate to the folder: Azureus.app:Contents:Resources:Java:

8. move the Azureus2.jar file you renamed previously into this folder (overwriting the file already there. if you need perfect spoof, move the "AzureusSpoof.properties" file into the same folder. (I have never used ClientSpoof, so don't bother with the "clientspoof.properties" file.

9. move any plugins you want into the folder:
Azureus.app:Contents:plugins:

10. move Azureus into your Applications folder

11. Enjoy!
:top:

Pickle
23.11.08, 15:13
Hi,

I think this guide need to be configured for new vuze installations. Here are the steps.

1-) Open the Vuze Installer
2-) Install application
3-) Go to application folder and find vuze.app
4-) Right click on it and choose 'Show Package contents'
5-) Follow the other steps told you already above

;)

Oscar
28.03.09, 09:54
for the new Vuze mod to work, you also need to drop:
ghostfucker_utils.jar

into the the same folder as the Azureus2.jar file.
everything else is as before

splicer
28.03.09, 12:56
May I also suggest you include screenshots of each step? It makes things a lot easier for the person who is attempting this, and also the internet is multilingual... pictures are not. Let's not forget that this is after all a german forum.

tinker77
29.03.09, 01:09
thank god, I been looking for a thread like this....
question, where do I place these other files and what are they:
AzureusSpoof.properties
clientspoof.properties
commons-cli.jar
log4j.jar
plugins (folder)

I've been told the only spoof plugin worth while is the ghostfucker one, correct?

splam
29.03.09, 06:10
In the Resources folder is another folder called "Java" just stick everything in there. Including the jar file you renamed to "Azureus2.jar"
I don't mess with installing the spoof files and you shouldn't either unless you need to hide the fact that your using Vuze.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/7707/picture5vqi.th.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture5vqi.jpg)

thank god, I been looking for a thread like this....
question, where do I place these other files and what are they:
AzureusSpoof.properties
clientspoof.properties
commons-cli.jar
log4j.jar
plugins (folder)

I've been told the only spoof plugin worth while is the ghostfucker one, correct?

tinker77
30.03.09, 08:28
In the Resources folder is another folder called "Java" just stick everything in there. Including the jar file you renamed to "Azureus2.jar"
I don't mess with installing the spoof files and you shouldn't either unless you need to hide the fact that your using Vuze.

image (http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture5vqi.jpg)

Splam, I really appreciate your help!! :top:

One last theing......
can someone show me a step by step on how to install the ghostfucker plugin?? thanks!

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 ----------

I forgot to mention that I placed the ghostfucker on the same folder as you said but I cant find this plugin when I start vuze.

anon
30.03.09, 18:35
I forgot to mention that I placed the ghostfucker on the same folder as you said but I cant find this plugin when I start vuze.

ghostfucker_utils.jar isn't a plugin, but the Extreme mod's spoof code. I'm no Mac expert, but I suppose that if gf's perfect spoof function is working fine for you, it means you've put the JAR on the right place.

Samanoske
30.04.09, 14:39
Finally, something for the Mac. :) Gawsh, I've been waiting for this long enough! No more switching back into Windows for nuthin, YAY. Also a great thing that it's Vuze since it' the only client that I'm actually relying on in OSX. Giving it a test run now...

UPDATE : Looking good thus far. Vuze crashed once though. Probably something I did wrong.

michaeel
18.09.09, 21:55
i do this - install this mod, but i cant download a torrents.
if i rename Azureus2.jar to the official version everything is ok. Whats problem?

anon
18.09.09, 22:31
Are these files in the same path as Azureus2.jar?

log4j.jar
ghostfucker_utils.jar
commons-cli.jar

iheartintegra
08.11.09, 09:08
Anything for Snow Leopard?

x0rax
30.03.11, 10:49
Of course.

Download latest stable (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f41/vuze-extreme-mod-sb-innovation-4-6-0-0-a-24290/) or beta (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f213/vuze-extreme-mod-sb-innovation-4-6-0-3_b11-beta-24645/)
Pls download the 32Bit version, 64bit doesn't work (for me).
Create a folder inside applications named Vuze, copy Vuze.app, AzureusSpoof.properties, clientspoof.properties in that folder.
Should look like this (http://grab.by/9zH6)
Run this command in terminal:

cd /Applications/Vuze/Vuze.app/Contents/MacOS/
chmod +x JavaApplicationStub
ls -l
This is necessary cause the .rar does mess up the flags.
Should look like this now:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 johannes wheel 19024 18 Jan 06:40 JavaApplicationStub

That's it. Vuze should work now.
You can edit your spoof properties in AzureusSpoof file.

The Shutter
30.03.11, 10:56
Of course.

Download latest stable (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f41/vuze-extreme-mod-sb-innovation-4-6-0-0-a-24290/) or beta (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f213/vuze-extreme-mod-sb-innovation-4-6-0-3_b11-beta-24645/)
Pls download the 32Bit version, 64bit doesn't work (for me).
Create a folder inside applications named Vuze, copy Vuze.app, AzureusSpoof.properties, clientspoof.properties in that folder.
Should look like this (http://grab.by/9zH6)
Run this command in terminal:

cd /Applications/Vuze/Vuze.app/Contents/MacOS/
chmod +x JavaApplicationStub
ls -l
This is necessary cause the .rar does mess up the flags.
Should look like this now:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 johannes wheel 19024 18 Jan 06:40 JavaApplicationStub

That's it. Vuze should work now.
You can edit your spoof properties in AzureusSpoof file.

08.11.09 09:08
you're 2 years late :P
even the user last login was 17.02.10 23:04

wordreader
30.03.11, 12:28
Better late than never... espesially when comes to OS X Mods!!!

anon
30.03.11, 18:05
I'm with wordreader. People always have trouble installing this on Mac OS, so every bit is appreciated. Even if the person that asked won't be reading x0rax's posts, others will.

Instab
30.03.11, 18:48
08.11.09 09:08
you're 2 years late :P

2 years? :gru:

The Shutter
30.03.11, 19:02
2 years? :gru:

almost 2 years :P

wordreader
30.03.11, 20:36
Yeh, I have a windows and a mac boxes, so I am experimenting with both. I noticed that there is some info/mods on transmission but, I'm not able to access it--it's giving me an invalid link error. The link I'm looking at is on the forum home page.

Instab
30.03.11, 21:16
Yeh, I have a windows and a mac boxes, so I am experimenting with both. I noticed that there is some info/mods on transmission but, I'm not able to access it--it's giving me an invalid link error. The link I'm looking at is on the forum home page.

then also read the text on the right side of the link :shifty:

anon
30.03.11, 21:53
It is very likely that I'll end up posting this link at some point of this thread.
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16868

wordreader
30.03.11, 22:19
Okay, I need a members user title. According to the link I probably don't qualify as of yet.

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

I'm going to see what happens with this sometime this evening and will keep posted...

troy14
02.11.11, 05:28
I'm having trouble getting it to work on my new Mac OS Lion system.

Any Vuze version below 4.7.0.0 will not work on Lion. I downloaded the latest 4.7.0.1 version of the mod and installed my azureus2.jar file, I changed my info.plist java to 1.6, and when it boots up, it gets stuck on 'initializing RSS feed'.. some sort of plugin error maybe, I'm not sure. When reverting back to original azureus2.jar, boots up fine.

Any suggestions?

Instab
02.11.11, 13:25
I'm having trouble getting it to work on my new Mac OS Lion system.

Any Vuze version below 4.7.0.0 will not work on Lion.
it's normal that you can't run too old versions on a new os

anon
02.11.11, 14:27
No crossposting, please? Thanks.

Unregistered
24.09.12, 11:41
Hello

I have followed all the instructions moved all files but still it is not working.

Instab
27.09.12, 06:11
Hello

I have followed all the instructions moved all files but still it is not working.
it would help much to tell what you mean by "not working".

do you get errors?
do you get anything at all?
what errors do you get?
did you make sure that the files have the correct permissions?
how did you extract the package?
dös your system account have the required permissions?

the more you tell the better we can help.

Blocker
02.11.12, 20:24
My experience for OS X 10.8.2 'Mountain Lion"

1.Intall Unmodded Vuze (Close the BT client for the following steps)

2.Download VEM

3.Copy VEM files

4.Go to applications ,Right Click 'show package content"

5.Open the folders contents : java : apps :

6.Paste VEM files

7.Enjoy...

Blocker
29.06.13, 04:10
Hi guys ,

Recently I've been using VEM in OS X without any problems,

but today I tried to use the perfect spoof for the first time in OS X and for some reason I can't tick the box and activate it

Any ideas why?

Instab
01.07.13, 17:28
for some versions it's necessary to download a new, normal vuze first otherwise the mod dösn't work right either.
if you did that already then you could try with a new profile.

Blocker
03.07.13, 16:11
for some versions it's necessary to download a new, normal vuze first otherwise the mod doesn't work right either.
if you did that already then you could try with a new profile.

Yeap , I tried with the last Vuze and mod versions ! ,Instab what do you mean with a new profile? a clean installation ,uninstall and install again VEM ?

Instab
03.07.13, 20:30
Yeap , I tried with the last Vuze and mod versions ! ,Instab what do you mean with a new profile? a clean installation ,uninstall and install again VEM ?

a new profile means to delete or rename all related files and folders in your home dir.
in most cases that is a folder in ~/Library/Application Support/<appname> and a .plist file in ~/Library/Preferences

cainly
05.09.13, 18:06
I am now having that problem that Blocker has. I tried finding the files to delete/rename like Instab said but I can't find them. I tried editing the AzureusSpoof.properties azureus.spoof.boolean=True but doesn't work either.

What else should I do? This is for the newest Vuze 5.1.0.0

cainly
11.09.13, 18:45
So I found those files Instab was talking about and deleted them, but the spoof still doesn't work. It is still greyed out.

superhans
09.06.14, 00:07
Bump for you - I have the same issue.

Can't enable Spoofing.

eragooo
11.07.14, 12:40
Same problem, any tips?

ghostfucker
16.07.14, 22:49
sorry guys, it seems i've just missed this thread and the many users with the same problem :tard:

always thought this was caused by wrong installations since the code didn't change for 2,5 years.
i've no clue why it has just stopped working :eek13: well, i guess apple is going on once again...

someone on osx is needed :)
1. replace the attached jar
2. make sure the clientfiles folder is located next to the jar
3. open the cheat settings tab
4. you'll see a notification in the bottom right corner
5. post the output here

eragooo
16.07.14, 23:01
Here you go!

http://i.imgur.com/rBDGnDk.jpg

ghostfucker
16.07.14, 23:39
funny :)

move the clientfiles folder to Vuze.app (/Applications/Vuze.app/clientfiles) and test again please.

eragooo
17.07.14, 00:23
Ha! Seems to be working now :D
http://i.imgur.com/qvy6QG9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iGYna6U.jpg

ghostfucker
17.07.14, 01:13
yeah, that's what i meant with funny :)

still no idea what happened here though:

I've tried:

clientfiles in Vuze folder
clientfiles in Vuze.app folder
clientfiles in Azureus2.jar
but the old releases seem to be fine.

maybe i should also check "contents\resources\java\" for client files and add an error message with the expected paths as this happens quite often ;)

eragooo
18.07.14, 13:42
I'm using Vuze with no upload option and as ghost leech but even that I still have information about uploading something. Why?

http://i.imgur.com/SfRP42D.jpg

cainly
09.09.14, 20:05
Hmm still having trouble with spoofing. The box is still greyed out. This is on 5.3.0.1. I have moved everything into vuze.app/java/app and clientfiles to vuze.app/clientfiles.

alterego
18.01.16, 09:43
Hi All. I looked into installing the mod on Vuze today (in OSX El Capitan) and realised a few things:
1. It seems like the latest version (5.7.0.0) does not require Java to be installed prior to running the program, anymore.
Update: to clarify, I was able to install Vuze with no prior version of Java installed and run it successfully. Maybe it is running a Java runtime on its own?

2. As a result (maybe), opening package contents of Vuze.app does not reveal the folder that contains the files to replace. In fact, zero .jar files found in any folder within the app package.

Anyone figured this out yet?

zxspectrum
15.03.16, 07:43
Hi All. I looked into installing the mod on Vuze today (in OSX El Capitan) and realised a few things:
1. It seems like the latest version (5.7.0.0) does not require Java to be installed prior to running the program, anymore.
Update: to clarify, I was able to install Vuze with no prior version of Java installed and run it successfully. Maybe it is running a Java runtime on its own?

2. As a result (maybe), opening package contents of Vuze.app does not reveal the folder that contains the files to replace. In fact, zero .jar files found in any folder within the app package.

Anyone figured this out yet?
Just just installed Vuze Normally.

Then I copied the contents of teh SBI VPEM zip file to /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Vuze and replaced any files already present. I just tested ghostleeching mod and it works I downloaded 30 gigs and it didn't count on the tracker.

SomeGuy
15.08.16, 17:33
Just just installed Vuze Normally.

Then I copied the contents of teh SBI VPEM zip file to /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Vuze and replaced any files already present. I just tested ghostleeching mod and it works I downloaded 30 gigs and it didn't count on the tracker.

I tried this and tried putting all the files from the new VEM on a new Vuze stable installation everywhere I could: in Vuze.app/contents, in Vuze/app/contents/macos/, in /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Vuze and even in /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Vuze/plugins (a complete copy of all files each time, and it never asked me to replace any file).

All I can do is hide the Respect IP thing, and nothing else works. Nothing shows, not even greyed out.

The installation was totally clean. I tried both with VuzeBittorrentClientInstaller.dmg as well as Vuze_5730_Installer_Java8.dmg.

I made sure to copy and paste all the files from VEM each time, to all of the locations mentioned and nothing happened.

anon
15.08.16, 20:01
Paging Instab on thread no. 3730...

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=6559

SomeGuy
15.08.16, 23:10
Paging Instab on thread no. 3730...

Yes, and as you know I am not a newbie with these things. But there is absolutely no JAR file whatsoever inside the Vuze.app or /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Vuze/ , in both the normal downloaded latest Vuze stable version and with Vuze_5730_Installer_Java8.dmg.

I hope Instab can help, I am sure a lot of other people are facing the same problem.

Instab
16.08.16, 04:19
i just downloaded the latest VuzeBittorrentClientInstaller.dmg and all java stuff is in Vuze.app/Contents/java/app.

a word of warning tho since it installs a spyware called AppMonitor. kill that process, go to your home dir and delete Library/Application Support/AppCommon

SomeGuy
16.08.16, 04:33
i just downloaded the latest VuzeBittorrentClientInstaller.dmg and all java stuff is in Vuze.app/Contents/java/app.

a word of warning tho since it installs a spyware called AppMonitor. kill that process, go to your home dir and delete Library/Application Support/AppCommon

I re-installed Vuze, and there is no Vuze.app/Contents/java/app folder. Even if I show hidden files, it's not there.

Also, Vuze did not install a spyware called AppMonitor.

I'm on El Capitan. Vuze is V5.7.3.0/4 az2.

Instab
16.08.16, 04:44
I re-installed Vuze, and there is no Vuze.app/Contents/java/app folder. Even if I show hidden files, it's not there.

Also, Vuze did not install a spyware called AppMonitor.
I'm on El Capitan. Vuze is V5.7.3.0/4 az2.
i guess it depends on the os version. i'm not using 10.11

SomeGuy
16.08.16, 16:07
i guess it depends on the os version. i'm not using 10.11

It seems there is a bug with Vuze 5.7.1.0+ where sometimes it will create a hidden folder in Apllications named .install4j , and this folder is full of different jar files etc that Vuze needs. But no file is named azureus2.jar . I backed up those files and tried to rename the azureus.jar that comes with the latest VEM to each one of them but they did not work.

As you can see here: Vuze 5.7.2.0 & 5.7.1.0 Installer BUG OS X (http://forum.vuze.com/Thread-Vuze-5-7-2-0-5-7-1-0-Installer-BUG-OS-X)

I went back to an older version of Vuze, will report how it goes. So far, it seems VEM is there in an older version of Vuze.

---------- Post Merged at 15:07 ---------- Previous Post was at 04:28 ----------

Ok, so it seems there is a bug that happens for some people where the installation stays perpetually incomplete, even if Vuze works. It happens with 5.7.3.0 as well.

I have downloaded Vuze 5.7.0.0 from their sourceforge website, installed that and when I open "Show Package" in Vuze.app, I can find the /Java/ folder. I placed the files from the latest VEM there, and everything works fine.

Successfully cheated with it, so it works. I hope that bug will be fixed in the future.

Instab
16.08.16, 19:59
maybe a more important question is whether it's a good idea to use these versions at all. the one i tried not only installed spyware but also tried to connect to approx. 20 different ips right after i started it before i've done anything. the older one i have just tries the version check url but that's it.

SomeGuy
16.08.16, 20:20
maybe a more important question is whether it's a good idea to use these versions at all. the one i tried not only installed spyware but also tried to connect to approx. 20 different ips right after i started it before i've done anything. the older one i have just tries the version check url but that's it.

Yeah, I agree, I actually make it have the classic UI and turn off almost all options. Which version for MacOs do you recommend as a solid one we should be using for peace of mind?

Instab
17.08.16, 01:34
Which version for MacOs do you recommend as a solid one we should be using for peace of mind?
no idea :P
i don't use vuze much and the last one i have is a couple of years old. in doubt just try some major versions and check for spyware and other nasty things

Blocker
21.11.16, 03:13
Is there any way to install VEM in Vuze version 5.7.3 ?

There's no azureus2.jar anymore

Blocker
27.11.16, 02:52
BUmp Bump this thread haha

anon
27.11.16, 18:02
What about this?

I have downloaded Vuze 5.7.0.0 from their sourceforge website, installed that and when I open "Show Package" in Vuze.app, I can find the /Java/ folder. I placed the files from the latest VEM there, and everything works fine.

Successfully cheated with it, so it works.

Blocker
12.06.17, 02:13
Thanks , but it does not work for me

I tried pasting the files in several folder and didn't work :frown:17852

illusive
13.06.17, 07:28
For Vuze 5.7 here is how to run on OSX:

1- Download and install normal Vuze (Vuze free) application using the .dmg from the original website.
2- Once installation is finished, make sure Vuze is closed then go to the folder /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Vuze and leave it open
3- Rename Azureus2.jar to any other name just a backup
4- Download Extreme Mod and extract all the files to the opened folder
5- Use (run normally) Vuze and verify its features are working

Blocker
15.06.17, 03:51
Thanks a lot , It works perfectly , the show package and then paste method doesn't work for new versions of Vuze.