PDA

View Full Version : How I Installed Shu Mod in Linux

czullo
23.05.08, 10:19
1. Install sun java JDK with apt-get install sun-java6-jdk (most of you can just install the JRE(apt-get install sun-java6-jre) and not the JDK, i needed it for other reasons….)
2. Install Azureus in the normal way using apt-get install Azureus
3. sudo su -> enter your password -> gedit /usr/bin/azureus -> replace the last line(starting from exec till thee end) with the following,
4. exec $JAVA -Xmx1024M -Djava.library.path=.:/usr/lib/jni:/usr/lib -jar /usr/share/java/Azureus2.jar
5. Extract and get the Shu’s Azureus2.jar. copy it to /usr/share/java/Azureus2.jar
6. Open up the Azureus2.jar(the one you just copied) with the archive manager(just double click on it!).
7. In the archive go in to the path /META-INF/ and then open the file MANIFEST.MF file.
8. Add the following two lines in to it
9. Class-Path: /usr/lib/java/swt.jar
Main-Class: org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main
10. Save it. and Update the file inside the Azureus2.jar(the Archive manager will ask you whether to update it.. just say yes).
11. Now lunch azureus in what ever way you prefer. ex from the menu/command line.
12. volla! now shu mod should start.

working on ubuntu version: - 8.04 LTS

btw: this is just a one way of doing it. there are many ways. i think you should be able to change all the command line paras and give all the option from the command line it self rather than editing the manifeast file. i m not sure thought. anyways i got it to work and thats all i wanted

Rebound
23.05.08, 14:21
Great tutorial man. I think a lot of users can need this. :top:

regards

Rebound

Logitech
01.08.08, 12:59
czullo nice tutorial, but I did it a little bit different.

1. Install sun Java JDE by using apt-get:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-font

2. Download Vuze from vuze.com
copy and download it to the right location and use this command in terminal:
sudo tar xjvf [nameoffile].tar.bz2 -C /opt/

3. make a Vuze.desktop file in your favorite text editor and past it in the map /usr/share/applications/ the Vuze.desktop file needs to have the following content:

[Desktop Entry]

Name=Vuze
Comment=Vuze BitTorrent Client
Exec=/opt/vuze/azureus
Icon=/opt/vuze/Azureus.png
Terminal=0
Categories=Application;Network;
Type=Application
MimeType=application/x-bittorrent

3b. //If you don't have the privilege to write in to the map /usr/share/applications open terminal windows and type gksudo nautilus.
Then go the the map /usr/share/applications and past the Vuze.desktop file in the map.

4. Download the latest Shu Mod from SB-I and unrar it.

5. Go to /opt/vuze/ and past the Azureus2.jar file of the latest SB-I mod in the map.

5b. It can be that you don't have privalege to write a file to /opt/vuze/ then do just as at step 3b. gksudo nautilus.
Go to the map /opt/vuze/ and then past the Azureus2.jar file into the map.

5c. If you want you can copy the plugin folder, BUT there is one or more plug-ins that after they are updated to the most recent version will break Vuze. // I have been too lazy to check with plugin(s) is the course of the problem.
So my advice is DO NOT COPY THE PLUG IN FOLDER UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT PLUG IN IS COSING THE PROBLEM.

6. You are ready to cheat at your private trackers.

Credits to Welkom op de L4L site (http://www.l4l.be/) for the first 3 steps to install Azureus Vuze on Ubuntu //The site is in Dutch
Sorry for the caps at step 5c, but it needs to be clear that there is a plug in that doesn't work with Vuze.

I hope that this Guide is at least useful to one person.

cilalex
07.05.09, 18:56
Greate guide! Thanks a bunch!

Managed to run Extreme Mode on Ubuntu 9.04 using Logitech's guide.

splicer
07.05.09, 19:45
For some reason, when I installed Azureus, the desktop file didn't have the Vuze frog as it's icon, but I narrowed down the problem to the fact that "Icon=" was pointing to the wrong file, and should be "Icon=/opt/vuze/vuze.png". I'm not sure as from which version this occurs onwards, but this desktop file fixed the icon:

3. make a Vuze.desktop file in your favorite text editor and past it in the map /usr/share/applications/ the Vuze.desktop file needs to have the following content:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Vuze

Exec=/opt/vuze/azureus
Icon=/opt/vuze/vuze.png
Terminal=0
Type=Application

shockwave
24.08.09, 22:44
Hello,
I instaled WINE on my server that runs with CentOS and i downloaded Vuze4.2.0.7 B01

Downloaded the crack files overwrite the original ones and nothing...it wont start... what to do ?

anon
24.08.09, 22:52
Moved.

Read this thread if you haven't already.

shockwave
25.08.09, 17:45
Hello,
I instaled WINE on my server that runs with CentOS and i downloaded Vuze4.2.0.7 B01

Downloaded the crack files overwrite the original ones and nothing...it wont start... what to do ?

Hello,
I saw this Tutorial but its nothing helping me,
Im using a Wine environment and i just cant get vuze to work...i able to install it but later i cant run it...?

anon
25.08.09, 19:55
I'm not a Linux expert, but why would you need Wine? Azureus is Java-based.

shockwave
25.08.09, 21:19
I'm not a Linux expert, but why would you need Wine? Azureus is Java-based.

Well i just got my server with CenstOS and im more comfortable with windows environment (i got linux cuz it cost less then to get it with windows) so some one told me install Wine and it will be like windows...installed it got firefox winrar...and im trying to get Azu to work...but nothing...

anon
25.08.09, 21:21
Wine indeed makes some Windows programs work on Linux, but you'd be gaining speed by running Azureus as a native app. (Same goes for Firefox)

shockwave
25.08.09, 21:30
, but you'd be gaining speed by running Azureus as a native app. (Same goes for Firefox)

What do you mean ? ^

anon
25.08.09, 21:31
Well, perhaps the term wasn't 100% correct, but I meant running Azureus directly in Linux via the JRE, not inside Wine.

shockwave
25.08.09, 21:38
Well i dont think i know how to do that...thats why i installed wine... plus the instructions on the main message are not for CestOS...im not good on linux but i know that on cestos every command is with "yum" and not with the above...(i think cuz its not working me)

how can i install vuze directly in linux via JRE ? what commands i need to run ?

anon
25.08.09, 21:49
Have a look at this to install the JRE:
HowTos/JavaOnCentOS - CentOS Wiki (http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/JavaOnCentOS)

And there's help on how to download and run Azureus here:
Initial Setup Guide - AzureusWiki (http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Initial_Setup_Guide)

I'm not knowledgeable with Linux so I can't help you much :frown:

capito
26.08.09, 06:29
has anyone been able to install the extreme mod in debian?

kelly
19.10.09, 17:15
5. Extract and get the Shu’s Azureus2.jar. copy it to /usr/share/java/Azureus2.jar

I am trying to implement this tutorial in Ubuntu 9.04. So far i was able to do things till Step 5

After extracting , i am not able to paste it in /usr/share/java/Azureus2.jar. I even tried as a root. :( . The paste option doesn't show at all.Its greyed out.

shoulder
19.10.09, 17:30
If you didn't try already try

sudo nautilus

and navigate to the folder.

kelly
19.10.09, 17:57
Thanks that worked. But how exactly i launch the application, i mean which icon should i select :confused2:

anon
19.10.09, 19:48
No Linux expert here, but isn't /opt/vuze/ where you need to paste the Mod's Azureus2.jar? At least Logitech's post says so, but this may have changed with Ubuntu 9.

Afterwards, I think you can create the desktop entry described in step 3 of that same post to launch Azureus.

Edit: I just noticed you followed the steps in post #1, check #3 out.

shoulder
19.10.09, 19:53
[Desktop Entry]

Name=Vuze
Exec=/opt/vuze/azureus
Icon=/opt/vuze/Azureus.png
Terminal=0
Type=Application

That's the important one.

Or you can try using terminal, but I'm not sure on that.

java -jar /usr/share/java/Azureus2.jar

kelly
30.10.09, 16:27
Ok, i am able to successfully install azuresus with shu mod.But now theres one more problem.... the torrent doesn't start at all. I drag the torrent file to the Azureus window.. but nothing happens. I waited for a long time but keep getting the initailization message.

SBfreak
30.10.09, 16:36
Hey Kelly.Karmic Koala just got released.:top:
I suggest you abandon the idea of installing extreme mod on ubuntu.I never really got it working.
I remember getting that thing too.That was the last time I tried to install xtreme mod.

kelly
30.10.09, 17:00
Hey Kelly.Karmic Koala just got released.:top:
I suggest you abandon the idea of installing extreme mod on ubuntu.I never really got it working.
I remember getting that thing too.That was the last time I tried to install xtreme mod.

What if the same problem happens again :biggrin:

SBfreak
30.10.09, 17:11
I didn't say karmic koala solves that problem lol.

shoulder
31.10.09, 22:57
Did you try it with the classic interface?

Maybe that solves the problem.

SBfreak
13.11.09, 13:37
Ok.I still can't get vuze extreme mode work.Can someone with experience please post working tutorial???

Instab
13.11.09, 20:00
this should pretty much cover it:
Azureus, now called Vuze : Java BitTorrent Client - How To: Linux (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/howto_linux.php)

if there're any terminal related issüs or qüstions let me know

SBfreak
13.11.09, 20:05
Nope that shouldn't do it.Did I mention I'm still a ubuntu nub?:biggrin:

Instab
14.11.09, 01:17
Nope that shouldn't do it.Did I mention I'm still a ubuntu nub?:biggrin:

okay, first let's forget on which distro you are for now. ubuntu, noobuntu, suse whatsöver dösn't matter in this case. for now it's just linux. let's do this step by step. and for the record i hate all xbuntus so i don't know any specific things about that distris. but let's get to it now:

download this: Download Azureus / Vuze from SourceForge.net (http://sourceforge.net/projects/azureus/files/vuze/vuze-4.3.0.0/Vuze_4.3.0.0_linux.tar.bz2/download)
open a terminal
go to the folder you've downloaded it into. e.g. "cd /home/sbfreak"
enter: "tar -jxvf Vuze_4.3.0.0_linux.tar.bz2"
now there should be a vuze folder
go there via "cd vuze" assuming it's called vuze
if not find out via "ls"
now inside the folder enter: "./vuze" or "./azureus". don't know how it's called in the current version.
either it'll start or some error messages will show up. in the latter case post the errors here and we'll go on from there.

good luck :top:

SBfreak
14.11.09, 11:29
Awesome it finally worked.It turned out that I was trying to run a x32 version of vuze on ubuntu x64.
Time to cheat some gigs with linux.Thank you a lot VwTE1r.
Rep added.