PDA

View Full Version : [qBitTorrent] qBittorrent 4.5.3

Annabella
30.05.23, 03:25
As of version 4.0.4, this client uses an individual peer_id, so it's okay to run both RatioMaster Plus and qBittorrent at the same time. As of version 4.3.0, anonymous mode has no effect on announce requests for private torrents, so enabling it shouldn't be a detection vector.

This client emulates the following settings, so make sure your real qBittorrent 4.5.3 also uses them:

Encryption mode: Allow encryption
Optional IP address to bind to: All addresses

anon
30.05.23, 03:55
Nice work. Do you think you can take on uTorrent 3.6? Purely as an exercise, as that version is unstable and not worth using at the moment.

Annabella
30.05.23, 10:01
:sorry:

Unfortunately, I can't. :frown:

Due to not having taken the time to learn how to scrape with WireShark, I make modifications in an empirical way. :rolling_eyes2:

And for µTorrent, it's too random...

Indeed:

In the [Announce] tab ➜ [Announce] textbox, we have:
User-Agent: uTorrent/355(111916026)(46074)

And in the [Scrape] tab ➜ [Scrape] textbox, we have:
User-Agent: uTorrent/355(111916026)(46074)

This number « 111916026 » seems to refer to an internal version number, but I can't find it… :confused:

Neither on the website in the Release or Changelog tabs,
Nor in the "Manifest" with Resource Tuner or Resource Hacker,
Nor in the executable (installed in Sandboxie as µTorrent is a virus),
Not even with ChatGPT…
:icon_angry[1]:

The only trace I find of this number is here: https://otx.alienvault.com/indicator/hostname/download-lb.utorrent.com

And even when dissecting the source code of this site: I don't find any logic (see attached file).

21545 21546

And finally, I'm not sure if I should change from 10 to 18 in the [General] tab ➜ « Reserved Bytes »

00|00|00|00|00|★10/18★|00|05

In conclusion, there are too many uncertainties to develop a reliable client, and from an ethical standpoint, I remind you that µTorrent is now a breeding ground for advertisings, malwares, adwares, spywares, and more, so I prefer not to succeed in it making a client for it to encourage people to use and support qBittorrent.

However, I will continue the research for personal pride. :mad:

Regards. :kiss:

anon
01.06.23, 03:37
This number « 111916026 » seems to refer to an internal version number, but I can't find it? :confused:

That's a hash of the version and build numbers and beta vs. stable status. The algorithm to generate it is known, but since it varies for each version by design and no setting in the program will cause it to change, it's basically inconsequential and you can take a black box approach. Once you learn to capture announces with Wireshark, just copy and paste the new User-Agent string.

And finally, I'm not sure if I should change from 10 to 18 in the [General] tab ? « Reserved Bytes »

Hence why I have provided documentation for this, complete with an example packet capture :gwink:

In conclusion, there are too many uncertainties to develop a reliable client, and from an ethical standpoint, I remind you that µTorrent is now a breeding ground for advertisings, malwares, adwares, spywares, and more, so I prefer not to succeed in it making a client for it to encourage people to use and support qBittorrent.

I understand, but if we chose not to support clients that have shown criticism-worthy behavior at some point, the forum would be empty. I mean, I've made mod packs for ShitComet BitVomit BitComet, so... yeah.