PDA

View Full Version : IPT vs FL vs TL

faltu
04.09.21, 08:31
Out of IPT/TL/FL, which has the most content and on which of them are you most likely to find a "rare" movie or TV show?

moonlite
04.09.21, 17:51
I am in TL but I haven't used this site for a long time..

anon
05.09.21, 08:34
Here's the torrent count for each. It's only meant to give an idea, as spam uploads and packs heavily influence how much "real" content a tracker has.

IPT: 1,031,150. Oldest torrent is from 2006.
FL: 149,800. Oldest torrent is from 2007.
TL: 1,295,350 according the newest review (see below).

Note that I'm no longer a member of TL; it was rare for it to have something the other two didn't. I also noticed retention there bombed in the last few years (possibly due to the very frequent open signups?).

Another choice that hasn't been mentioned is RevTT. Their archive is good, and the high request fill rate is famous in the community. Just permaseed and don't talk to petrolcan and you'll be fine.

faltu
05.09.21, 14:46
Here's the torrent count for each. It's only meant to give an idea, as spam uploads and packs heavily influence how much "real" content a tracker has.

IPT: 1,031,150. Oldest torrent is from 2006.
FL: 149,800. Oldest torrent is from 2007.
TL: 1,295,350 according the newest review (see below).

Note that I'm no longer a member of TL; it was rare for it to have something the other two didn't. I also noticed retention there bombed in the last few years (possibly due to the very frequent open signups?).

Another choice that hasn't been mentioned is RevTT. Their archive is good, and the high request fill rate is famous in the community. Just permaseed and don't talk to petrolcan and you'll be fine.

I'm on TL and it shows 2 invites on my dashboard but when I click my profile it says "disabled". That's weird.

revtt has me on a country ban so no hope there to enjoy their request system. Yes I heard their staff are trigger happy.

anon
06.09.21, 06:17
I'm on TL and it shows 2 invites on my dashboard but when I click my profile it says "disabled". That's weird.

Only VIPs can send invites now. At least it's possible to obtain VIP status from seeding points, if you're persistent enough.

revtt has me on a country ban so no hope there to enjoy their request system. Yes I heard their staff are trigger happy.

Sadness. I dropped my account there after the 2012 breach, but from what I've been told they remain good on this regard.

Blocker
12.09.21, 21:11
TorrentLeech is teh best, more content better pretimes if you care about releases speed.

Ruth2Samantha
19.09.21, 16:06
TorrentLeech is teh best, more content better pretimes if you care about releases speed.

But TL has 10 days seeding requirement, which is a bit too much imo. Can you tell me what's the seeding time requirement on FileList and IPT?

anon
21.09.21, 16:48
Can you tell me what's the seeding time requirement on FileList and IPT?

FL: 48 hours or a 1:1 ratio. Torrents must be seeded for at least 3 hours after completion, then you have 1 week to meet either requirement. VIPs are exempt. Reportedly, this rule is only enforced manually and for very gross offenders, but I don't feel like verifying that with my account.
IPT: 336 hours or a 1:1 ratio. Strictly enforced even for partial or incomplete downloads, and reaching 40 H&Rs gets your account warned. H&Rs can be "zapped" by sacrificing an amount of bonus points proportional to torrent size or upload credit. (Numbers may not be exact as they have changed several times since introduction and site documentation is sometimes outdated, but the base mechanics are as described.)

Using "show as leecher, 0% done" in Extreme Mod or the equivalent settings in Serenity are the only effective ways to bypass IPT's hit & run system, but doing so is risky in small swarms.

exalt
21.09.21, 20:15
IMO FL+TL is enough. FL eventually gets rips/uploads from PTP and BTN albeit slower.
IPT is bigger, has more torrents, more seeds for older torrents.

sirgood
05.01.22, 16:17
rutracker seems to be better, some rare stuff

anon
09.01.22, 08:08
I think every "best general tracker" discussion parts from the premise that someone already knows about RuTracker but wants something more organized, more private or generally "better". Or that isn't in Russian (what a tragedy).

illusive
10.01.22, 23:50
Agreed. I might also add an IPT sister like TorrentDay which has good number of torrents and content now. There are some general trackers are less known/used but have their usage like teamos-hkrg(Apps/Games/Books), torrents-club.info (Like RuTracker but shining with apps sections) and ZAMUNDA (I think of it as the demonoid alternative).

Although I like all three but I think IPT really sets on the top as the best. It's normally my first go-to place for content or even users comments.

anon
11.01.22, 12:56
ZAMUNDA (I think of it as the demonoid alternative)

Zamunda is highly underrated. My guess is that they banned foreign countries for so long, everyone just forgot about it.

ALSAFA7
22.07.22, 20:54
for me I've them all I'd choose FL

anon
23.07.22, 13:24
Cross-posting this here.

...several names haven't been mentioned: AlphaRatio, PreToMe, Linkomanija, nCore, TorrentBytes, Zamunda.

In all honesty, though... FL, IPT, TL. Have two of those, one as a main and another as a backup, and you're set. I've been on all of the others at some point, and while they're good on their own right, there are diminishing returns to being a member on multiple general trackers.

Blocker
23.07.22, 18:40
Zamunda and Rutracker are underrated

anon
24.07.22, 07:43
RuTracker was underrated, but managed to get the recognition it deserves over the years. I still remember the days of Torrents.ru and having to stay up to catch the open signups window... and then you'd discover the forum-based design that had no English language setting! It was something only crazy people looking for strong emotions bothered with, but I'm glad I didn't give up easily :smilie4: The same occurred with FileList: Romanian language interface, and most people in the English torrent community hadn't even heard of it, so how would you get invited in the first place?

For Zamunda, however, I'm in agreement. (A word to the wise: to unlock the XXX section, the age in your account details must be set to 18 or above.)

JohnWick
27.07.22, 12:30
rutracker is not underrated, it is russian piratesbay, sites interface is russian, if you have chrome, site language can be auto change,
i am not russian, i am there, i consider it good site same as p0rnolab, if content is not available anywhere, most of time you will find there. especially hdtv content, if content is not available in bluray disk or web dl.

rutracker, kinozal, rutor, nnm club, p0rnolab, fast-torrent (search engine for movie content) are good russian public trackers, on rutor and nnm club, fast-torrent you can download good quality content in small size for tv 40 to 45 inch especially, on rutracker you can download bluray disk, on p0rnolab p0rn. other good but private trackers are blubird, and teamhd (ex- hdclub).

for most of users i will recommend tl, or ipt, you even do not need fl, fl is good tracker for p2p. but ipt and tl are enough.

in past i was running for p2p content, but most of users do not need them, i think if you have led tv from 40 to 50 inch, you need maximum only scene encodes, and go for rarbg public tracker, on 40 inch led tv i compared an movie encode of 30 GB of encoder DON, with small encode 4 or 6 GB from russian site, but i did not find any difference, on normal screen there may be maximum difference 2-4% from 4-7gb encode or 30 gb encode.

if you want to want to download content for laptop, on most of laptop you only need 720p encodes of yify from piratebay or maxmum you need to download rarbg 2gb encodes from rabg tracker.

you can say private trackers have better safety from d.m.ca, but public ones are not bad. even i have heard few people from tl were complaining for d.m.c.a because it most of time opened. most of european and asian users do not gives fk to d.m.c.a as it is US law and most of EU and Asians day and night torrenting from piratebay like sites,but not copyright nor users gives them a fk.

anon
27.07.22, 13:38
most of european and asian users do not gives fk to d.m.c.a as it is US law and most of EU and Asians day and night torrenting from piratebay like sites,but not copyright nor users gives them a fk.

Move to Germany, England or Japan and you will quickly discover how safe The Pirate Bay is. German cops were even on SCC... a strictly invite-only tracker with no more than 20,000 members at the time.

JohnWick
27.07.22, 21:35
Move to Germany, England or Japan and you will quickly discover how safe The Pirate Bay is. German cops were even on SCC... a strictly invite-only tracker with no more than 20,000 members at the time.

You are right,
but Nederland, Switzerland, Romania, Finland seems good for copyright content,
i think Spain, Bulgaria, are too safe, if i am not wrong,
South American countries still considered safe Mexico, Chili, and etc

Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, Germany are notorious puppet of US.
Other puppet state is India

anon
28.07.22, 12:27
but Nederland, Switzerland, Romania, Finland seems good for copyright content,
i think Spain, Bulgaria, are too safe, if i am not wrong,
South American countries still considered safe Mexico, Chili, and etc

Yum, chili. Anyway, the only ones from that list I'd feel fully confident about are Romania and some parts of Latin America, because 1. the infrastructure is good, 2. the authorities don't care about piracy other than the occasional token effort/fake bust (one Argentine tracker even accepted donations via bank transfer, just think about that). Even so, reverse proxies are a necessity.

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21353

Figure A: a certain government's no longer current stance on this matter.

Sansho
17.10.22, 14:16
I can't remember where exactly, but I do remember to read ... in fact, I wrote it down the following :

" 'SceneTime.com' , 'TorrentDay' , 'TorrenTing', 'Speed.cd' and 'Deildu' are not 'cousins' but exact 'CLONS' respect to 'IPTorrents' "

Is that correct?

If so ... then having an account at for instance 'SceneTime.com' , regarding to 'content' , would then be the same as having an account at 'IPTorrents' , wouldn't be?

Regards.

anon
17.10.22, 15:53
Not exact clones. IPT is the biggest and most active of them, by virtue of also being the oldest. The spinoffs are mostly meant to keep the owner's investment safe and lucrative. They're perhaps more approachable for newcomers, but does that really matter when IPT invites are so easy to find and can be bought directly from the source? Or as I wrote once...

Talking about SPD, why did its owner create so many trackers of the same type? Aren't IPT TD ST SPD Deildu all general types? same market segmentation strategy as P&G who created dozens of brands for shampoo alone? but how's it working precisely....

The terms market segmentation and cornering the market fit fairly well when you consider the monthly profits he earns from these trackers. Anyway, each one has or had a gimmick to make them different. IPT is the best and biggest of the bunch, and can be yours for just $20! TorrentDay is the runner-up partly because they "invented" 100,000 users and used to artificially double all peer stats. Speed.cd is the smaller and friendlier one where you can apply for an invite without paying to download their fake aXXo torrents. I'm not familiar with SceneTime and Deildu, but guess who also owns lookpic.com, a seedbox provider and a huge pirate IPTV service?

Sansho
18.10.22, 04:57
I see ... ... to tell you the truth, that has much more 'sense' : I've actually got an account at 'SceneTime.com' and ... after 'combing' the tracker in search for some content (not much popular but I honestly guess that it neither could be considered as 'rare') ... and the hit rate has always been 'CERO' ... ... to the point that I started wondering myself about that supposed fabulous 'clone' 'IPTorrents' ...

From now on I will consider them as bunch of 'cousins' (from 'TorrentDay' to the smaller 'Speed.cd') ... with one big 'brother' ('IPTorrents') ... :-)

Thanks a lot !!!

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
20.10.22, 21:58
TL ,IPT,FL in this order
but for "rare Movies " none of this
Cinemageddon

n1x
22.10.22, 00:43
for me it’s FL, IPT, TL…TL though it’s the nicest in terms of community and has better HD releases between the 3

anon
22.10.22, 19:31
TL though it’s the nicest in terms of community

I can't count the amount of cheaters that got caught only because they made a torrent comment or forum post, and someone else checked their profile and reported them... so you may be right :lol:

mammamia11
23.10.22, 08:46
I used TL and Ipt for a long time, the is not that big deferent between only the design of the web page, i like Ipt alot for simplicity. Latly i started to go to other site for searching after content that ipt dont have

anon
24.10.22, 00:42
I used TL and Ipt for a long time, the is not that big deferent between only the design of the web page

Yeah, IPT has a 20 MB animated GIF in the header :dabs: I keep forgetting to write a CSS rule that kills it...

mammamia11
25.10.22, 19:10
i relly like the mouse review for movies and some other sections, i dont think other use it

averageHomoSapien
24.01.23, 09:19
I think TL is the best if you like scene content. The only downside of TL is that it has no invite forums. On FL its much easier to upload credits and ratio than TL. FL also has some good invite forums. IPT is not recommended due to their shaddy practices but it has a lot more content than FL and TL. I would recommend going for IPT and just keeping your head down there.

mammamia11
25.01.23, 16:39
the 4k releases in ipt is not good anymore, the other sites has better collection for 4k releases, speceally for "DV"

C3PO
26.01.23, 15:16
IPT: 336 hours

WOW that's A LOT! Is this official info?

DataOverfl0w
26.01.23, 19:49
Yes it is

It's not as bad as it sounds, there are ways to reduce the required seedtime.

coolio256
27.01.23, 00:03
Yes it is

It's not as bad as it sounds, there are ways to reduce the required seedtime.

seed as long as you can to catch bonus points or download famous and the new big torrents and seed them afterwards or check the cheat-thread about ipt

alpacino
01.02.23, 08:16
WOW that's A LOT! Is this official info?

This is one of the reasons why IPT has a better retention than TL and FL. TL has got a bit better in this regard after they implemented HnR and seed bonus features.

anon
01.02.23, 10:21
FL also has some good invite forums.

It should be noted that you need to have VIP rank on FL to access the invite forum (seems this is not accurate, see below), and the only ways to attain that are:

donating at least 6 EUR (or rather, its equivalent in BTC which is the only currency they accept)
buying it from the shop after earning enough coins (at the highest possible rate, this takes over a year of uninterrupted seeding)
randomly getting it from a lootbox (chances are low, freeleech tokens and upload credit are the most frequent prizes)
being rewarded with it as a result of good community contributions (at the staff's discretion)

I daresay that unless you donate, by the time you make it, you'll have already found other paths to most of what's inside.

C3PO
01.02.23, 10:54
I'm not VIP and I have access to it...

anon
01.02.23, 11:01
Really? I have the Addict rank and have never been able to access it without temporary VIP.

C3PO
01.02.23, 11:03
I have an Elite rank. Maybe there were another rules back then... idk

EDIT: I'm seeing a lot of Addicts posting in the Invite section

anon
01.02.23, 11:14
What a mindfuck :suicide: I edited my previous post to acknowledge this!

vsc
14.04.23, 01:46
TL is the best of the bunch IMO. Best movie selection of the three probably, and freeleech for every 30+ or 50+ gb torrent (I forgot which). FL is the "neater" of them, but that's no great feat since general trackers are usually very disorganized. Regarding IPT, I was utterly disappointed with it. People always say it's the best general tracker content-wise, but I've had much more luck with my TL account than I ever did with IPT. Utimately, I let my IPT account die without snatching a single torrent. Feels guilty to once have requested the invite.

JohnWick
20.04.23, 09:07
All 3 are Good,

If you want only movies encodes, i will say TL is best among these 3.

FL will be good choice for those who have approx. 60 inch led tv for p2p encodes or remux. i think p2p encodes are very
over sized and useless especially who have 40-43 inch led tv.

IPT will be good choice among 3 if you are interested in pr0n, there are better trackers for pr0n like nc0re.

If your led tv is 40-43 inch or 49 inch, i will say just use TL or AR, and check encodes of Nikt0/OFT, otherwise go for scene encodes, scene encodes are from medium to large encodes, and have no quality difference than p2p encodes.
i have p2p encodes, when my hard was full i tested same movie with nikt0, there was nothing noticeable difference
on 40 inch led tv. nikt0 encode was nearly 6 gb (their encodes mostly are 4 to 7gb), and p2p encode was 30 gb.

Mag1sk
27.08.23, 19:43
What about FSC? It's also a general tracker I hear a lot of. Is it better than the other 3 or is it because of their ratio policy?

anon
27.08.23, 23:37
As expected of a self-proclaimed community tracker with a tiny userbase, FSC's content sucks. Any of the ones in the thread title will be 100x better.

Blocker
28.08.23, 17:49
TL is the best of the bunch IMO. Best movie selection of the three probably, and freeleech for every 30+ or 50+ gb torrent (I forgot which). FL is the "neater" of them, but that's no great feat since general trackers are usually very disorganized. Regarding IPT, I was utterly disappointed with it. People always say it's the best general tracker content-wise, but I've had much more luck with my TL account than I ever did with IPT. Utimately, I let my IPT account die without snatching a single torrent. Feels guilty to once have requested the invite.

I agree with you, TL is the best general tacker. And also I think the retention improved just like @alpacino wrote. :tongue: