PDA

View Full Version : What are the best free proxy services?

Master Razor
12.05.17, 21:01
Hello! I'm looking for the best free web proxies, to bypass youtube censorship, country restrictions that sort of thing. Right now I am using https://www.proxfree.com/ for youtube, it's the only it worked for me.
And also the best free proxies for applications.

Thank you!

anon
14.05.17, 07:08
I use Proxfree too. They're the only good one I know in the sense that they offer so much more than a stock Glype install, and (as the name suggests) for free. Vtunnel ceased to exist, and Hide my Ass basically became an advertisement for their VPN.

If all you want is bypassing YouTube country blocks, I guess going to proxy.org and trying some at random until you hit a working one is another option. But it's worth keeping in mind that you never know who's behind free proxies or what they do with your data. If you host your own, you can remove potentially malicious webmasters from your chain of trust. Most free hosts disallow this sort of usage, but you can fly under the radar by obfuscating the PHP files and not watching a million videos per day. Another choice may be to install youtube-dl on the free server and then download or stream the videos from there.

And also the best free proxies for applications.

All the sources I had died, try looking inside hackforums.net.

cloud99
27.06.17, 07:25
Sites
UnblockYouTube (unblockyoutube.co.uk)
Zalmos (zalmos.com)

VPN (Chrome extension)
Hola
Proxymate
DroidVPN
Hotspot Shield VPN

URL METHOD
YouTube > YouPak

or

YouTube > EachVideo

They're essentially the same.

For example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7VaXlMvAvk
or

https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=O7VaXlMvAvk

or

https://www.eachvideo.com/watch?v=O7VaXlMvAv

You can also try to use a static IP and Public DNS. It did work back in the day.

Also you can try embedding the video on a fake site to watch the content. Such as using the "googleredirectorvideo" link. This works for me as I usually download via this method (paid movies on youtube:biggrin:).

---------- Post Merged at 15:25 ---------- Previous Post was at 15:22 ----------

Had to use the code to avoid the youtube link from getting embedded.

anon
27.06.17, 16:15
Hola

Do a search for "hola botnet" and you'll find why it may not be a good idea to use it :gnoes:

Hotspot Shield VPN

Can't believe Hotspot Shield still exists. I used it all the time in 2007 to bypass my provider's traffic shaping. Despite the fact it had a 10 GB/mo. cap and injected advertisements on the pages you visited, it shone in comparison to the other one or two free VPNs that existed at the time, which limited you to dial-up speeds. A local blogger published an article claiming it had to be a honeypot set up to catch terrorists, because the service was too good to be true. Anyway, I found a way to patch the executable and remove the disconnection timer and transfer cap, which was pretty awesome considering I was 13 years old at the time :smilie4:

cloud99
28.06.17, 07:08
Do a search for "hola botnet" and you'll find why it may not be a good idea to use it :gnoes:

The service could use your device as a router. But then again that's what you get when searching for free stuff.

Can't believe Hotspot Shield still exists.

I used it too however, it was a paid version not free or cracked. It used to cap a lot of my bandwidth though. I had a 50Mb connection speed and during the peak hours of the night I would reach about 5-6Mb maximum. Then again it could have been Tor's problem.

Anyway, I found a way to patch the executable and remove the disconnection timer and transfer cap, which was pretty awesome considering I was 13 years old at the time.

I smell a computer genius here! Do you mean a crack of did you decompile it and bypass the programs restriction. If it is the latter then it sick. Good job.

anon
28.06.17, 18:59
I smell a computer genius here! Do you mean a crack of did you decompile it and bypass the programs restriction. If it is the latter then it sick. Good job.

Gee, thanks =] It was just a matter of turning logging on and then editing the executable so that certain configuration strings wouldn't be recognized.

Interestingly, their server's (yes, just one) hostname was hss.openvpn.net at the time, and the program used and required a custom OpenVPN binary. You couldn't connect with the official one under the same settings.

Anyway, I am pretty proud of accomplishing this back then, as I knew perhaps 20% of the computer stuff I do now.

PS: I also remember also using Hotspot Shield for Hulu and Pandora, before it got blacklisted!