PDA

View Full Version : Azureus slows down the system

spider1
24.04.08, 14:32
hi,

i have azureus 3.0.4.2 +shu mode runnin'
the problem starts when 10 or more downloads works parallelly then i got memory usage up to 160MB and my computer slows down and stops respond well.
additionaly IE7 responds very slow and takes ages to connect some sites.

somebody can help?

hitman
24.04.08, 15:03
its normal that azurues eats a lot of resources with more active downloads. you can try to deactivate all the not needed plugins first

try this advices on the azureus wiki page to reduce the memory usage

Reduce memory usage - AzureusWiki (http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Reduce_memory_usage)

with this i reduce the needed memory usage for my system by 1/2 as before i have now only 50-70 mb of ram usage.

spider1
24.04.08, 15:19
hi,

first thanks for your help.

i read these page and it seems that removin' PLUG INS' will reduce memory usage but also harm the speed of download.

when u removed some plug-in , your AZUREUS lose speed?

what plugins did u remove?

thanks again.

hitman
24.04.08, 15:43
i remove all plugins in the plugin folder and i dont notice that my download is slower.

i use in addition advise #12 from the wiki and my azureus runs very well.

yoco
25.04.08, 18:15
i remove all plugins in the plugin folder and i dont notice that my download is slower.

i use in addition advise #12 from the wiki and my azureus runs very well.
Can you explain this #12? I don't get it. :confused2:

holycow510
26.04.08, 15:11
my memory usage is around 250-350, no big deal if you have a high end computer. If memory is a issue for you, then maybe try switching to utorrent?

hitman
26.04.08, 15:25
Can you explain this #12? I don't get it. :confused2:

just make a shortcut from your azureus.exe....hit the right mouse button and go to preference....after that add to the target at the end a blank followed by "-J-Xmx64m"

example:

your target should like something like that, important is only the part at the end

"C:Azureus\Azureus.exe" "-J-Xmx64m"

Ultraviolet
28.04.08, 14:04
THx for the tips, I'll try that out too! :)

Btw - I think it's pretty normal if you got like 10 downloads which are probably running at fullspeed, that your IE takes longer to open a site. Just no bandwidth...

yoco
29.04.08, 12:02
just make a shortcut from your azureus.exe....hit the right mouse button and go to preference....after that add to the target at the end a blank followed by "-J-Xmx64m"

example:

your target should like something like that, important is only the part at the end

"C:AzureusAzureus.exe" "-J-Xmx64m"

WOW :biggrin: really helped me out. You can see the diference, with full speed it's working just great. :top: