PDA

View Full Version : The Night Of

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
19.10.16, 22:43
The Night Of

The Night Of
TV-MA | 1h | Crime, Drama | TV Mini-Series (2016)

After a night of partying with a female stranger, a man wakes up to find her stabbed to death and is charged with her murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbHkfsyU-r8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wpJS6gHdkE

The Second Best TV Show Launched in 2016 after Stranger Things

yoco
20.10.16, 15:32
So is this really that good?

slikrapid
20.10.16, 20:18
probably not, judging by this:

Naz wakes up downstairs and he has no blood on his clothes. He goes upstairs and wears his black shirt again no blood on his shirt either. When you see the dead body there is blood all over the freaking place. On the light on the sheets everywhere it's pure gore. So I ask you this are these cops or lawyers too stupid to see this? Or even he himself can't think of this so he can defend himself? He could ask the police if you think I did it then where is the blood on my clothes? Sure they had some foreplay involving masochism but the amount of blood that can be found on Naz is not proportional anyway. Cops should be searching for other tools to point Naz as a murder suspect such as stretch films, gloves or any kind of protective clothes to be able to commit such a brutal murder yet splash not a single drop of blood on his clothes. Case dismissed from start.

I don't even want to mention that writers are in conflict while portraying Naz as a clever hardworking kid yet he is so stupid to flee the scene even if he believed himself that he didn't commit the crime from the start. He could call the police and explain everything from scratch so easily. But nooooooooo that would be inconvenient for the writers right? For a kid supposedly believing his innocence he was completely silent entire episode 1 that was such a torture to watch too. When will writers start using their brains to come up with good stories I really wonder.

yoco
20.10.16, 22:59
NA writers, lol :D

anon
21.10.16, 15:35
So is this really that good?

DarkSaibot started the thread, that's good enough for me to get at least the first episode.

yoco
21.10.16, 22:50
Did you read Slik's spoiler?

anon
22.10.16, 05:25
I did, but almost everything has at least some bad reviews. So unless feedback is overwhelmingly negative, in the end you have to see by yourself.

Besides, it's not like I'm paying for these TV shows anyway, so I have little right to complain if some end up being a waste of my precious time :idunno:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.10.16, 09:06
first give'it a try 1-2 episodes......i'm watching about 90% of the today's tv shows...so i think i know what's good ..what's bad..and what's average ...ofcourse with the 10% that is for the particular taste that everybody has and is different ...i don't judge by imdb critics...maybe sometimes from imdb rate....but sometimes imdb critics you will be surprised that has an obscoure interest to give bad reviews or good reviews to movies ..i know a case..with a romanian film ...that after release....a high number of users has been "convinced" to give bad reviews to the movie on all movie sites that they could find...ofcourse...sometimes bad reviews are accurate and movie really sucks...but sometimes they are not.

at first....watching the tv show...i was...neah..i think i won't like'it ...why it has so big score...but after 2 episodes...i was somehow hooked until the end .

from the imdb review

He could call the police and explain everything from scratch so easily. But nooooooooo that would be inconvenient for the writers right?

this is a point of view from somebody that imagine what will happen if they wake up near a dead body ..is like those kids ..who imagine that if they will join the army and go to missions will be like rambo...and when they confrunt real war...they froze and puke

slikrapid
22.10.16, 18:28
it's not like I'm paying for these TV shows anyway, so I have little right to complain if some end up being a waste of my precious time

regardless of any money involved: since it was your decision to watch, you can only blame yourself in case of so-called wasted time (or your karma hehe) ;)

i'm watching about 90% of the today's tv shows...so i think i know what's good ..what's bad..and what's average ...

that sounds like A LOT of episodes
the rest is personal preferences
on the other hand, just by looking at the imdb ratings of popular tv-shows in general, it is obvious they are hugely overrated by the reviewers, much more so than popular movies - must be something about the tv-show format that keeps people hooked to it

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.10.16, 19:25
to tell the truth i wonder also how some movies or tv-shows are so great rated ,since most of them follow the same pattern with a splash of tweaks here and there...but this is usually happens with the one's under 8 - 8.5 ..the rest tend to be accurate ..i can't recall if it was any movie (tv-show was jessica jones) that i haven't like'it on this rates.

that sounds like A LOT of episodes

can't remember ..started around 2008 with prison break , Lost,Heroes, after that i was hooked..it was so cool to watch something that will not end in the next 2 hours...but after years....very few..takes me by surprise anymore

anon
03.11.16, 15:01
Watched the first episode yesterday. DarkSaibot is right with regards to the IMDb review, except for one detail: Naz picking up the bloody knife and drug pills before running away. That's really hard to explain and he should have known better, even if he was panicking.

Everything looks like a massive set-up, but why would Andrea give Naz booze and drugs and do the knife thing if she knew she was going to be killed?

I'll keep watching to see how this story unfolds :smilie4:

anon
13.11.16, 18:41
Watched the finale yesterday. This built up really well, but the ending was disappointing.

Everything made it look like Naz would lose the trial and go to prison. Then the jury ties six to six and Weiss suddenly decides to stop prosecuting? It is hinted that Box found enough evidence on Andrea's boyfriend/pimp to make her change her mind, but we're shown very little of that, and the real killer is not revealed.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
15.11.16, 19:00
they let viewers wondering if not it was really him the killer even if tend to focus on other suspect ,but i'm agreeing with the end

anon
16.11.16, 05:02
they let viewers wondering if not it was really him the killer

Good point, he even shows doubt about it when called to testify. Guess we'll have to wait for a season two to find out the answer.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
22.11.16, 22:22
i was doubting about it each time...and when i was more assured that it was innocent ..started to doubt again..the tv shows gives you the carussel of quilty not quilty

i'm not sure that it will have a second season but let's hope so