PDA

View Full Version : A video tutorial for properly installing & configuring the Vuze Extreme Mod

WhiteGoblin
28.05.16, 19:34
Hello everybody!

Over the last month I spent my free time creating a video for properly installing & configuring the Vuze Extreme Mod by Digital DJ & Ghostfucker. It only covers public trackers & the basics of setting up the client so it is not an in-depth guide compared to what else can be found on these forums. Although it is a newbie friendly introduction to everything & walks you through each step of the process. I also tried to inject a sense of humor into what is normally a pretty dry topic.

It is currently only available in English & has a run time of just over twenty-one minutes. Given the lovely nature of this forum, if somebody would like to generate subtitles for other languages that would be fantastic. The script was just over 3,400 words so I am not really holding my breath for that anytime soon.

I hope some of you find it helpful! :happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLirR8WmhlI

'Goblin

anon
30.05.16, 18:05
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=16595

Somehow, it's great to search "small bandwidth innovation" and have this forum as the first result :eyebrows:

Dividing the tracker update time by 19 is too much and not worth the risks, I don't advice using that option at all. Everything else is largely okay, considering you encourage your watchers to go beyond the video and look up further information.

At the 0:53 mark, you say you have been writing about this for over a decade. Can you show us some of your work?

WhiteGoblin
30.05.16, 21:07
At the 0:53 mark, you say you have been writing about this for over a decade. Can you show us some of your work?
First of all, good day & it's an honor! Thanks for the advice about the tracker division timings, if I do an update to the video I'll make sure to change that. As for dating myself on this topic, thanks to some regrettable admin work on my part, the furthest back I appear to have an entire archive of a posting is on May 22nd, 2009. Though inside that post it also discusses my previous 2008 threads involving everything from Shu & Seba14, all the way to your own efforts with the birth of this very website. Inside the guide at that time according to the screenshots I posted it appears the version of az was 4.1.0.5 to 4.2.0.2. I also just noticed how much younger I was back then in my writing. Then again that particular post was only for a small gaming community so professionalism wasn't really on my mind at the time. I got some decent DoD ipblocklist screenies in there as well it appears. If you would like to see this posting in all of it's sixteen pages of length, then I've uploaded a screenshot of it here (https://i.imgur.com/t2EFyaV.png). (I really miss that wooden masonic sun too)

Though that only gives me proof for eight years, I guess you'll have to believe me on the others. I wasn't even registered on these forums back then because when I first noticed the scene this website didn't exist. Looking at my account data it look's like I finally got around to registering here in July of 2009. My posts are all gone from back then, though I was mainly a lurker anyways. I was also an admin back in the days of Xbox-Sky. One day I returned to find a private IRC where the admin dumped a bunch of data exposing my cheating. We had a good laugh over it all & he let it go on because it was driving other seeders in the community to try an keep up. Overtime I just became the gatekeeper for cheating on the tracker. Publicly banning as many people as I could to keep the image of a pure community alive, all the time actually spoofing my own seed boxes.

I have to say this place has brought a tremendous amount of joy and humor to my life over the years. With this tutorial I'm hoping I can give a little back to the community.

'Goblin

anon
31.05.16, 20:45
Thanks for the screenshot, and I believe you. :happy:

Actually, I was really sure we had talked here in the past, so I took some time to search the forum and...

29400 ("Azureus/Vuze SB-Innovation Hack", version 3.1.0.0! We've come a long way...)

We wiped all inactive accounts around March 2009, which in hindsight was a bad idea and thus hasn't been done again since. Yours must have been among them.

Anyway, great to see someone with such stories to tell still around in the scene!

nachoac
03.06.16, 09:10
Thanks for the video!

molosse
17.06.16, 13:50
Hi,
going trough the video now! thanks for the work.
where did you find the IPfilder software?
I found one here (http://davidmoore.github.io/ipfilter/) but Vuze is not listed in the supported client.

thx

anon
18.06.16, 04:17
where did you find the IPfilder software?
I found one here (http://davidmoore.github.io/ipfilter/) but Vuze is not listed in the supported client.

That's the same one he uses in the video. Since Vuze is not supported, the IP filter is downloaded to %appdata%\DavidMoore\IPFilter, and from there you can copy or move it anywhere you want.

molosse
19.06.16, 17:31
Yes but in the video, the IP Filter files were already on his desktop. Before it went on the desktop, it was downloaded from a website I presume.

I don't have any %appdata%\DavidMoore\IPFilter folder.

now, after looking on internet I found a David Moore page:
https://davidmoore.github.io/ipfilter/

thx

anon
19.06.16, 23:44
Yes but in the video, the IP Filter files were already on his desktop. Before it went on the desktop, it was downloaded from a website I presume.

Not sure you're talking about the IP Filter Updater program or the ipfilter.dat file now. In the former case, he had already downloaded it; in the latter, at the 7:15 mark in the video you can see it download to the AppData directory.

mammamia11
16.07.16, 11:12
this was very helpful guide for bigginers and even for a very skilled ppl like myself ;) thanx alot

mammamia11
26.07.16, 12:45
Hi agin, im having litle tiny problem when using this method on ip torrent, that tracker dont like hit n Runners and if i use vuz like this guide it will Close torrent directly and my torrent show in a list that i must remove buy giving from my bonus or from my upload ratio, if i keep doing this soon i have no bonus or ratio left to pay for the hit and run torrents.

so can i use fake upload ratio instade of fake upload speeed?

anon
26.07.16, 20:12
that tracker dont like hit n Runners and if i use vuz like this guide it will Close torrent directly and my torrent show in a list that i must remove buy giving from my bonus or from my upload ratio

This is what the "don't send completed flag" option was invented for :gwink:

mammamia11
27.07.16, 06:24
This is what the "don't send completed flag" option was invented for :gwink:

i understand but it still give me warning that torrent wasnt seeded enough so i wonder what i missed, i followed the guide step by step btw...

anon
27.07.16, 06:43
I guess they check the "left" value instead of the "completed" event, then. I don't know if download reduction changes the former, so you could try that and see. Otherwise, there's no report or ghostleeching :ninja: