PDA

View Full Version : 12 Monkeys

yoco
25.07.14, 16:00
synopsis:
Follows the journey of a time traveler from the post-apocalyptic future who appears in present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate the human race.

starring Aaron Stanford, Amanda Schull, Noah Bean, Kirk Acevedo, Zeljko Ivanek
release date January 2015 (on SyFy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNHIz1-8aM

Dragoon
26.07.14, 00:18
OMG Again? I hate this film so much. Same history?

Sazzy
26.07.14, 00:37
I actually quite like it, but I'm not looking forward to a remake at all. It just won't be the same with other people :/

alpacino
26.07.14, 03:49
Oh no, I can't believe that, it's just too early for a remake. Hollywood getting out of ideas, that's what this is.

yoco
26.07.14, 10:57
You know this is a TV show, right?

Sazzy
26.07.14, 12:41

Oh man, thought it was a movie xD
This won't be any good as a tv show for sure :(

Master Razor
26.07.14, 13:46
I second it. Bruce Willis nailed the first one.

slikrapid
26.07.14, 19:07
I hate this film so much.
I'm not looking forward to a remake at all.
Oh no, I can't believe that, it's just too early for a remake.
I second it.

hehe, no worries people, if you check out the director you'll notice he mainly directs (noname) tv-series and tv-movies, his last few tv-movies had either no or almost no reviews at all (!) or a score under 5.0, ie. you can expect a 3rd rate remake here, definitely not a serious attempt, in other words, nothing to 'worry' about

as for the original 12 monkeys movie, my impression was:

- overall, the movie was not very well made in terms of entertainment, other than the mindf*ck plot and these hidden elements lurking from the convoluted plot

the rest of the impressions may be found here (scroll to the bottom):

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=31684#post321159

Sazzy
26.07.14, 23:16
- overall, the movie was not very well made in terms of entertainment, other than the mindf*ck plot and these hidden elements lurking from the convoluted plot

I.. i don't know how to feel.. I totally agree with you. First time for everything :lol:

alpacino
27.07.14, 13:35

LOL, no, I thought it was a new movie, better pay more attention next time. :tongue:

Instab
28.07.14, 22:37
i didn't like the movie so maybe i'll like the tv show :D

Sazzy
29.07.14, 20:00
i didn't like the movie so maybe i'll like the tv show :D

hiiiiiiighly doubt that :P
i'd say, if you really liked the movie, you _may_ like the show

Instab
29.07.14, 23:32
sometimes the tv shows can be better than the movie. nikita for example or highlander

Dragoon
30.07.14, 02:54
OMG a TV Show? Instead of The being the most confused movie ever Its the most confused series ever kkkk

Sazzy
30.07.14, 18:26
[...]the most confused movie ever[...]

that's what I liked best about it :lol:

Sazzy
05.04.15, 22:34
Finally got around watching the first two eps. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but I'm still interested enough to try out a third episode later today. (mostly because of my love for the movie)

New post to bump the thread

Master Razor
05.04.15, 22:57
Compared to the movie, this is and will get a lot more confusing if they decide to continue it.
The first episodes will tell you the director had no ideea what his expectations were of it. After watching several episodes you'll get hooked into the action.
The one thing good: you never know what will happen.

Sazzy
05.04.15, 23:09
So mostly just for the action? I'm currently watching the third one and I'm already struggling a bit to keep focused. There is indeed a high level of "what the fuck is going on?!" in this series.

Master Razor
05.04.15, 23:25
There is indeed a high level of "what the fuck is going on?!" in this series.
Yeah. Try it. Don't quit yet, you may enjoy it.

Sazzy
05.04.15, 23:33
Problem is I have about 1000 hours of anime to catch up that i know I'll like :P
It's hard to keep giving it a try. I usually watch at least 4 eps, then decide.

Instab
06.04.15, 02:58
this is and will get a lot more confusing if they decide to continue it.

There is indeed a high level of "what the fuck is going on?!" in this series.
not at all. this is exactly how a show about time travel is supposed to be. a non-linear plot is the very essence and what makes time travel so interesting

Sazzy
06.04.15, 10:02
I wasn't talking about the linearity, but more so the content.

Just reporting back: I have dropped this show, since I've started doodling during every episode so far, only halfway in. The concept is really appealing but I find this bland and boring and mostly resulting in to fistfights

yoco
07.07.15, 22:46
Finally finished with the show. I liked it. I hope season 2 is on the same level as this one!