PDA

View Full Version : True Blood

shawshankraj
03.06.10, 09:40
Any one fan around here for this awesome show...It's third season coming 13 june. so Ready for more Sookie and her Vampire lover Bill..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JCODjwMFQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3F2v3yrmi0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12xKVQdooPg

slikrapid
03.06.10, 14:12
they sell just about anything these days, don't they?

low budget
lame actors (hillbilly vampires, i thought they had some class)
'invite me in' - lol, like thats gonna have some effect
dialogues - what dialogues?
buffy & angel seem better than this...and they were mediocre

del...neeext :tongue:

shawshankraj
03.06.10, 14:23
No friend you are wrong...
Actor are not lame,you have to see series for that before you judge them...
It's 200% better than buffy and angel,I thought it was full of lame actor...low budget..
Just see series and decide your self...

slikrapid
03.06.10, 14:35
No friend you are wrong...
Actor are not lame,you have to see series for that before you judge them...
It's 200% better than buffy and angel,I thought it was full of lame actor...low budget..
Just see series and decide your self...

well, thats how it looks like to me from the trailers, i haven't seen any episodes before

and btw, one other thing i wanted to mention earlier - sex used to increase the number of viewers (rather shallow, eh?), hopefully they can fake it well ;)

dreamer
03.06.10, 18:55
wowwwwwww did you seriously just called True Blood a bad show?
without even watching it?!?
while the summer approaches there's no better show to watch than this.

come one dude.. it's HBO.

SBfreak
03.06.10, 20:11
Ahh the eternal enigma of vampires....me wants a tv show with zombies..

shawshankraj
04.06.10, 05:40
and btw, one other thing i wanted to mention earlier - sex used to increase the number of viewers (rather shallow, eh?), hopefully they can fake it well

In this show sex does not used to increase the number of viewer,it's essential in this show..Just watch first season and you will 90% like it..10% cut b'coz i have seen that your taste in movie and Tv show is lot different than others...

yoco
04.06.10, 10:38
Seriously I love stuff about vampires, but I just can't force myself to like this show!

shawshankraj
04.06.10, 11:16
Here is some Minisode from 3rd series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11GAh_KfyoY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-4KA7LtBek

Nobody
04.06.10, 11:20
I mean no offense by what I'm about to say. It's just my opinion... I've watched two seasons, and I didn't like it. Just because it's on HBO doesn't mean it's good. HBO has a good track record. But all that having a good track record means is that statistically they're more likely to fuck up.

Saying that sex is essential to the show, but that it is not used to increase the number of viewers is a case of not seeing the woods through the trees. They go hand in hand. One directly causes the other, whether or not it's intentional. That said, it seems to pretty much be Twilight with an "adult viewership" twist. It beats the same old "chivalry is not dead" and "poor helpless woman" drum to the same tireless beat. Most of the characters seem like slight variations on the same old hero/anti-hero archetypes. Nothing really escapes these archetypes anymore, but it's just really really apparent in this series.

Now I realize it's an alternate universe. And that certain things are done to flourish the script and to pull people in to the story. But most of the flourishes seemed contrived. There is some novelty in it's setting of the American south, but all the little things meant to enhance the story just seemed to fall flat and seem over generalized. Emphasis and precious camera time is given to lingering, passionate looks and an endless parade of shirtless guys. Events slowly unfold, but the pace was much too slow to keep my attention given it's predictable content.

Things could pick up. I'm not counting this one out. I'm just not particularly going out of my way to watch everything it puts out in the next season or two, either.

Owyn
04.06.10, 11:35
I like Vampires *_*

but wonder if i can find 40gb for the 1st season to watch it x_X ( yes i like HD only :P )

Nobody
04.06.10, 22:34
I like Vampires *_*

but wonder if i can find 40gb for the 1st season to watch it x_X ( yes i like HD only :P )

If you can't find 40GB, it's time to buy a new hard drive, hehe

Owyn
04.06.10, 23:30
If you can't find 40GB, it's time to buy a new hard drive, hehe

new one gonna be full in a week or two anyway :biggrin: that's how much time i needed to fill my 1TB HDD

just have to manage files x_X

yoco
05.06.10, 11:57
So what, you don't burn on DVD anything? I think it would take really long for me ti fill 1TB.

Owyn
05.06.10, 12:40
i'd have dozenz of dvds then :) but i keep rare things to myself, plus it is easier to download the thing i need in few minutes than finding the dvd and reading it with lower than hdd speed

slikrapid
05.06.10, 16:40
it is easier to download the thing i need in few minutes than finding the dvd and reading it with lower than hdd speed

i seriously doubt that - if its not recent (up to 1-2 months) or (very) popular, you'll have trouble finding it, not to mention you'll probably end up using rapidshare or something similar

and another thing, lets say you get the data from a dvd with around 125 Mbit/s (12x) - to reach a higher speed with downloading is highly unlikely, limiting you even further to just a handful of files to choose from

Owyn
05.06.10, 17:05
Russian trackers and internets probably differs from yours :) as i see you have tons of private trackers with no seeds and peers on each, we have just one for everything and some thematic ones where are allways seeds and not much peers (for old torrents) (peers run out fast), at least few seeds, but that's enought to max the download speed usually

125 Mbit/s
versus my 40Mbit/s internet +100Mbit/s local *so it's not so unlikely to be faster than DVD* :) *if there is a peer on local retracker (which is written to every torrent by tracker) it's gonna be 100Mbit/s :) or you can go to local DC-HUB and get that speed with 100% chance but without all that beauty decor and information about video from trackers forum

not a big difference, plus i mean if you watch it directly from a DVD you can't rewind it ahead or back instantly and full copy means making your dvd-drive life shorter etc

ps - my internet isn't best here, 50Mbit\s and 100Mbit\s unlim tariff are usual + 1Gbit\s local

shawshankraj
08.06.10, 04:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJdHlJZw_Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5BXZOCJhY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXtCGYD7tLI

shawshankraj
09.06.10, 11:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4f40bxlrPQ

Instab
12.06.10, 06:25
they sell just about anything these days, don't they?

low budget
lame actors (hillbilly vampires, i thought they had some class)
'invite me in' - lol, like thats gonna have some effect
dialogüs - what dialogüs?
buffy & angel seem better than this...and they were mediocre

del...neeext :tongü:

hehe, very trü.
i've seen the pilot back then and it was soooo lame. then later i thought 'why not giving it one more try' and watched another episode from the 1st season. and güss what? just as bad.
but i don't give up early and when season 2 came to an end i thought 'ok, season finales are good most of the time' so i grabbed the finale from season 2. and güss what? you know ... :P

well, what can i add to what slik said already? maybe a word about the storyline? mmh, not so much because i couldn't find one that's only a bit pleasing.

so learning that this will get a 3rd season made me think :shockkk!:

anyway it seems some of you like it so have fun with season 3 :D

Vation
14.06.10, 18:36
The Bold and the Beautiful with vampires, shapeshifters and other supernatural stuff.
Everybody gets laid by everybody. 25 to 50 % of episodes time is about sex, lying in bed and saying"how much I love you" "I miss/ed you". And a bit of being in sect thrill.
S3 E1 not so hot & not so promissing(neonazi symbolism). Maybe HD can make it for you.

Sazzy
21.06.10, 16:47
Watched the full whole season and that's worthy of a reward in itself.

Story is lame, actors suck and are so very annoying. The main characters seem like they're retards.

Stay away from this !!!! D:

while the summer approaches there's no better show to watch than this.

That doesn't mean this show isn't terrible. Go outside instead lol!

MosDef
24.06.10, 01:16
Main Actress is kinda ugly. Fix that gap between your teeth! If you can get through Season 1, then you'll like season 2 better because basically you'll see less of the main actress. Gonna wait for a few more episodes for Season 3 and few more reviews before I give it a go.

Sazzy
24.06.10, 03:02
Main Actress is kinda ugly. Fix that gap between your teeth!

I can live with the gap, but omg the accent. It drives me crazy. So annoying! If you look passed the gap, she's not all that bad looking, though.

merlotte
11.03.12, 13:45
Have you watched season 4?Did you like it?In my opinion True Blood gets better, season by season.

Plot:In a world where vampires have "come out of the coffin", Sookie Stackhouse, a telepathic waitress, discovers a new world of different creatures when she meets Bill Compton, a vampire.

SBfreak
11.03.12, 14:26
I talked to a girl about it.Looks like Twilight the TV show to me.I know books,bla blah but still :dabs:

merlotte
11.03.12, 16:08
I don't like Twilight, but i like True Blood.It's not an amazing TV Show but it's good to watch.

SBfreak
11.03.12, 17:17
I wasn't implying it's bad I was implying it has vampire romance.

merlotte
11.03.12, 17:20
I wasn't implying it's bad I was implying it has vampire romance.

Yes, something like that:biggrin:

Ocupator
11.03.12, 18:44
I talked to a girl about it.Looks like Twilight the TV show to me.I know books,bla blah but still :dabs:

wtf that's not like Twilight...They fuck all the time in true blood:shockkk!:

SBfreak
11.03.12, 21:58
wtf that's not like Twilight...They fuck all the time in true blood:shockkk!:

Point made. Period.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
05.04.12, 13:04
true blood has more dark side felling
twilight is just for teens ..bella is the most drama queen that i saw in television..and no.1 in my unpleasant actress list..no.2 ,ofcourse, lori from walking dead .no.3 elena vampire diaries ..

back 2 true blood ...is the only one tv shows aka movie that shows the vampire like it supposed to be..not comercial stuff

shawshankraj
05.04.12, 20:39
you also want to check out Being Human Uk,Sometimes better than True Blood..

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
06.04.12, 20:09
being human uk is the worst by supernatural side ..i'm still watching the seasons right now so maybe i will change my point of view at the end
but for now vampire is walking in the sun ( not even with a ring like it was on vampire diaries) is to boring and without explenation, the thing with black eyes is like supernatural deamons , the drinking of blood is presented like is only optional , not the main reason for food, and last but not last the vampire is presented with no powers beside the fangs also the Werewolf is the same , from that show until now ( s03 ) annie is the most powerfull...but the tv shows is centred around relationships between people first and supernatural second so i can't be too critical

shawshankraj
06.04.12, 21:14
it's still way better than vampire diaries..I love their chemistry and annie is enough for me..Stay away from S4 or you will even hate it more than ever..

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
08.04.12, 11:47
actually you will be surprise ..finished the firs 6 episodes from season 4 and in my opinion is the best season of all :D
vampire diaries was a good tv-shows at the beggineing , right now it has turned like a tv-show based on twilight story..too american teenagers type of show

anybody has any idee when true blood season 5 will start ? on imdb it says jun 24 but i'm not sure

shawshankraj
08.04.12, 12:08
I like their backstory quite well..And hal was great addition to season 4...Season 5 premiere June 10 as per HBO site say..

Owyn
08.04.12, 21:36
being human uk is the worst
Have to agree, just watched 1st season, glad it's over now :stupid:

gu5t3r
09.04.12, 11:26
It get's complicated thru seasons but it's better then Vampire Diaries in any aspect.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
23.04.12, 00:06
@Owyn
the first 3 seasons are average..but season 4 is good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfGupfVeVU&feature=relmfu

justine bieber in true blood :))

Instab
27.08.12, 02:03
season 5 is going on for a while now. anybody watching that?

Owyn
29.08.12, 21:20
It's not 'going', it's already ended :P watched

Instab
30.08.12, 07:56
season 5 is going on for a while now. anybody watching that?

It's not 'going', it's already ended :P watched

at the time that post was made it was still going on :wink:

Owyn
31.08.12, 14:19
at the time that post was made it was still going on :wink:
Post made: 27.08.12, 04:03

True Blood (season 5) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Blood_(season_5))
Original air date:
Ep. 12 "Save Yourself" - Original air date: August 26, 2012 ;)

Or should we find exact air time and sync it to the forum date post according to correct timezone of original air country? :rolling_eyes:

back on topic: End was kinda dissapointing cuz of Jason

Instab
31.08.12, 16:45
Post made: 27.08.12, 04:03

Trü Blood (season 5) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trü_Blood_(season_5))
Original air date:
Ep. 12 "Save Yourself" - Original air date: August 26, 2012 ;)

Or should we find exact air time and sync it to the forum date post according to correct timezone of original air country? :rolling_eyes:
splitting hairs here but yes, when i posted the episode hasn't been released yet :P

gu5t3r
31.08.12, 23:32
After 3rd season something went wrong for me...I don't like last 2 seasons...

shawshankraj
03.09.12, 03:50
season 5 is worst season so far,don't know really what's going on....