PDA

View Full Version : Unable to login to sb-i

SealLion
27.01.12, 16:45
I have not been able to log in to the site for about 2 1/2 days now. Each time that I attempted to do so I was given the usual time out or server couldn't be found. This is the 3rd time that I can recall from memory whereby I am unable to login for a period of days. Yes. That's right. 'Days'. I was wondering what, if anything, unusual is occurring that drives this behavior for the site where one is unable to log in. Is it a regional issue?? I don't know if it might be a server issue because most obviously, people have been posting here during the intern in which I was unable to get to the site. That suggests that others are able to get to site and do their business; however, I am not able to do so. Again, as I've stated already, this is the 3rd instance that I recall from memory over the course of the last 12 or so months in which any browser that I use is unable to get to the site.

cheatos
27.01.12, 17:39
Same here, I was surprised to see new posts, I thought It was down for all but It appears to be down only for 'some' ?

Hush
27.01.12, 17:42
server was down yesterday. you hadnīt been alone. more than one day ago? had no login problems.

Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up? (http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/)

the name of the url tells you the content. maybe try next time.

jezuis
27.01.12, 18:11
the same here,
this is one reason to keep the users with some follow up by one web application like: twitter or facebook

anon
27.01.12, 18:12
For me the server was down for the night of the 25th and all of yesterday. But we're back. We strong, we mighty, we tough! :01:

yoco
28.01.12, 11:13
For me the server was down for the night of the 25th and all of yesterday. But we're back. We strong, we mighty, we tough! :01:
Glad to hear that! :wink2::top:

SBfreak
28.01.12, 11:31
I had some problems and the only one I found on irc was yoco.Seriously guys.If the site is down get to the irc mobile.

Renk
28.01.12, 13:01
I have not been able to log in to the site for about 2 1/2 days now. Each time that I attempted to do so I was given the usual time out or server couldn't be found. This is the 3rd time that I can recall from memory whereby I am unable to login for a period of days. Yes. That's right. 'Days'. I was wondering what, if anything, unusual is occurring that drives this behavior for the site where one is unable to log in. Is it a regional issue?? I don't know if it might be a server issue because most obviously, people have been posting here during the intern in which I was unable to get to the site. That suggests that others are able to get to site and do their business; however, I am not able to do so. Again, as I've stated already, this is the 3rd instance that I recall from memory over the course of the last 12 or so months in which any browser that I use is unable to get to the site.

Same here, despite using the IP instead of the URL, and despite tests through Jondo and many VPNs with servers in many locations.

I was afraid that SBI has been seized by FBI :biggrin:

Instab
28.01.12, 15:43
don't worry. we hope it's fine now. if not we will come up with something :sbi:

D3TR1TUs
28.01.12, 16:20
Your irc server isn't safe for me :P

BTW, this can come in handy: IsUp.Me -> Check if your website is down or up? (http://www.isup.me/)

checks if site is down (also useful to find out if your ip was banned, or the server is just down ;) )

shoulder
28.01.12, 16:41
Looks like a copy of this one. :P

Down for everyone or just me? | downforveryoneorjust.me (http://downforeveryoneorjust.me/)

SealLion
28.01.12, 17:14
Sorry for the late reply but this is the 1st time in about 1 1/2 days that I have been able to log in back to the site since I made my first post above. I see that I was not the only one that was unable to log in to the site. It has happened before as I have already stated. If there is going to be some kind of server down time, would it be possible to have some kind of advanced communication over this in the 'announcement' sub-section so that users don't have to wonder wtf is going on?, for how long?, why?, am I cursed?,..etc...etc.

And as for Facebook and Twitt'head'er that is all fine for those who use those kind of services but not all of us do. Hence a brief note or explanation here on site that the server is going to be down for what-ever amount of time.

anon
28.01.12, 18:09
I had some problems and the only one I found on irc was yoco.Seriously guys.If the site is down get to the irc mobile.

I have sdeleted my XChat install, if IRC is only for when the site is down I don't see the attractive.

don't worry. we hope it's fine now. if not we will come up

Certainly :happy:

And as for Facebook and Twitt'head'er that is all fine for those who use those kind of services but not all of us do. Hence a brief note or explanation here on site that the server is going to be down for what-ever amount of time.

This downtime wasn't planned as far as I've been told.

jezuis
28.01.12, 18:18
... But we're back. We strong, we mighty, we tough! :01:

k! :klatsch_3:

SBfreak
28.01.12, 19:38
I have sdeleted my XChat install, if IRC is only for when the site is down I don't see the attractive.
No1 said anything about having a irc client installed.Just try mibbit.

anon
28.01.12, 20:53
Mibbit is probably blocked. Even my real IP was blocked once :unsure:

SealLion
28.01.12, 22:06
This downtime wasn't planned as far as I've been told.

Sorry anon. I just thought that with one of your statements above that with the server having been down that it was a planned event. Though I see that most obviously it was not a planned event.

I guess maybe just parts of the internet were down. Or there was some sort of communication routing. Or somebody stepped on a fiber optic cable while having a nice swim deep down in the Atlantic Ocean or something. Or I touched myself or it was a band of terrorists. I don't know. Either way, I guess somewhere there was a screw left loose.

Instab
29.01.12, 03:53
Sorry anon. I just thought that with one of your statements above that with the server having been down that it was a planned event.
if we know before we normally take the time to announce it

Or I touched myself
:eek:

leechmodder
29.01.12, 04:32
Yeah I had the same problems as SealLion. I was unable to login no matter what.

SealLion
29.01.12, 04:43
Well. It looks like the problem is solved for the time being. It seems to happen about once or twice a year or so. At least according to my own experiences.
So ya...it looks like somebody is touching them self just a tad too much.

D3TR1TUs
29.01.12, 10:32
Looks like a copy of this one. :P

Down for everyone or just me? | downforveryoneorjust.me (http://downforeveryoneorjust.me/)

That teaches me to read the full thread before posting ^^

Instab
31.01.12, 02:19
That teaches me to read the full thread before posting ^^
no it's fine to have alternatives :happy: