PDA

View Full Version : What are your political beliefs?

tannersmith
02.01.12, 04:41
I am independent.

Fascist
Far Right
Conservative
Moderate/Independent
Liberal
Far Left
Communist

tannersmith
02.01.12, 04:42
How do you put a poll on this?

SealLion
02.01.12, 21:09
I tend to view politics as an amalgamation of 'poli', a.k.a. poly , a.k.a. many and " tics', a.k.a. ticks a.k.a bugs/parasites to interpret as many blood-sucking and blood thirsty parasites/bugs. In other words, to put it in perspective, politicians are a group of many blood sucking and blood thirsty roaches that suck the life blood out of a country that was, before the invention of blood thirsty/sucking politicians came to be, that country was happy and content as things were.

Blocker
03.01.12, 02:20
I tend to view politics as an amalgamation of 'poli', a.k.a. poly , a.k.a. many and " tics', a.k.a. ticks a.k.a bugs/parasites to interpret as many blood-sucking and blood thirsty parasites/bugs. In other words, to put it in perspective, politicians are a group of many blood sucking and blood thirsty roaches that suck the life blood out of a country that was, before the invention of blood thirsty/sucking politicians came to be, that country was happy and content as things were.

The best definition I've ever heard about it,

I would not like to say every politician is a parasite/bug ,but I can assure a 99.999999% in the world they are LOL

By the way if you wanna have an answer to your question, I'm a Zeitgeist Movement Fan if that can be considered as a politic belif :smile:

SealLion
03.01.12, 02:47
Ya. Right on, man. The Zeitgeist Movement. I love those guys. All the power to them. One of them is my next door neighbor. He always comes over and tells me,
"Hey man. You want to know whats happening out there??
Take a look out your window, man, cuz there it is, man.
You ever watch the news headlines??
Man it's happen'in right here!
Right now! Get it??
You wanna be a hip dude??
You wanna be a rad dude??
Dude...you got to git wid it, man.
Stop hang'in out wid dem professors, man.
You want to be a square, man??
You need to git buzzed, dude!!"" <----- Joke intended.

sebota
03.01.12, 07:22
I think sometimes you need to be Fascist, sometimes you need to be Far Right, sometimes Conservative, sometimes Moderate/Independent, sometimes Liberal, sometimes Far Left, and sometimes Communist, it doesn't depend on what you like, it depends on what situation you are in and how much power do you have... :shifty:

slikrapid
04.01.12, 01:23
politicians are a group of many blood sucking and blood thirsty roaches that suck the life blood out of a country that was, before the invention of blood thirsty/sucking politicians came to be, that country was happy and content as things were.

well, they are (or have become) 'bloodsuckers' because on on hand their profession demands a certain amount of 'bloodsucking' (governing over others, policies enforced onto others, which cannot benefit everyone) and on the other they have abused (and still do) this as much as they could, ie. were allowed (by the voters) to exercise this abuse without serious repercussions which could have steered their actions otherwise

however, it would be illusory to think that their profession or such activities have been 'recently' invented, the same applies to the idea of some previous 'happy & content' state/condition of a country (historical proof abound) - politicians and/or their (previous) equivalents have always been around in one form or another (which comes naturally with an organized society/country/group having some sort of governance) - 'happy & content' countries don't go anywhere, they happily revel in their content stagnation which must be artificially maintained (ie. enforced in order to perpetuate) since that which characterizes happiness for a country may greatly differ from that which characterizes happiness for any member/group of that country

By the way if you wanna have an answer to your question, I'm a Zeitgeist Movement Fan if that can be considered as a politic belif

i'm afraid the answers coming from the zeitgeist movement are not only inadequate, but utopian as well (eventually resulting with a dystopia), as they imagine having some deeper insight into the society (fi. 'money is the problem' - ofc not, if anything, those using & abusing it are), all the while working towards establishing their own flawed vision of a future/futuristic society, as some sort of a technocratic communism - meaning: they are not interested in merely exploring/understanding the current 'zeitgeist' (the spirit of the age), they imagine to have the solution or authority to impose their own idea of what it should be, as if to create a new 'zeitgeist', which obviously cannot be accomplished without extreme techniques (or techniques resulting in extreme changes) of IngSoc (social engineering) - in other words, beware of 'grand engineers' who claim to know whats best for you, regardless of whether they use carrots or sticks or something in between, let alone when they claim the same would be best for everyone else as well

I think sometimes you need to be Fascist, sometimes you need to be Far Right, sometimes Conservative, sometimes Moderate/Independent, sometimes Liberal, sometimes Far Left, and sometimes Communist, it doesn't depend on what you like, it depends on what situation you are in and how much power do you have...

i'd generally agree with a correction: it depends on what situation you are in and how does it relate to what you like/want (fi. if the situation suits you, you'll tend to be conservative, regardless of your actual or current political alignment)

Renji-Kun
04.01.12, 01:41
talk abt politics and beliefs are like talk abt oil and water for me, they just don't mix, politics are joke and not to waste beliefs with them LOL
i totally agree with SealLion words specially if u live in a 3nd world countries u see a lot of crap from them and u begin to believe in just one "belief" that politics are there just to make their pockets full with your sweaty money... simple as that

Blocker
05.01.12, 03:59
i'm afraid the answers coming from the zeitgeist movement are not only inadequate, but utopian as well (eventually resulting with a dystopia), as they imagine having some deeper insight into the society (fi. 'money is the problem' - ofc not, if anything, those using & abusing it are), all the while working towards establishing their own flawed vision of a future/futuristic society, as some sort of a technocratic communism - meaning: they are not interested in merely exploring/understanding the current 'zeitgeist' (the spirit of the age), they imagine to have the solution or authority to impose their own idea of what it should be, as if to create a new 'zeitgeist', which obviously cannot be accomplished without extreme techniques (or techniques resulting in extreme changes) of IngSoc (social engineering) - in other words, beware of 'grand engineers' who claim to know whats best for you, regardless of whether they use carrots or sticks or something in between, let alone when they claim the same would be best for everyone else as well

I know its really utopian,I respect your opinion Slikrapid,but I think the explanation of "the money is the problem" is so clear in the Zeitgeist Documentaries,the proposal about sharing and caring each other sounds great for me maybe is not practical and becoming a reality will be complex ,imagine everything established in the human kind realted with the socio economics systems can be revoked ,but the essence and the main idea is to make a reengineering change in our current world for improving in this case ,a this moment all of this is just theory ,perhaps it needs to be polished ,quoting the Zeitgeist Movement the idea is the following:

"According to The Zeitgeist Movement, the majority of the social problems which plague the human species at this time are not the sole result of some institutional corruption, scarcity, a political policy, a flaw of "human nature" or other commonly held assumptions of causality, but rather poverty, corruption, homelessness, war, starvation and the like appear to be the "symptoms" born out of an outdated socioeconomic structure.
While intermediate reform steps and temporal community support are of interest to The Zeitgeist Movement, the defining goal The Zeitgeist Movement pursues is the installation of a new socioeconomic model based upon technically responsible resource management, allocation, and distribution through what would be considered The Scientific Method proposed by Jacque Fresco as a Resource-Based Economy"

and what the hell is TRBE quoting the Venus Project the concept is the following:

" The Resource Based Economy was put forward by Jacque Fresco. The Resource-Based Economy is a holistic socio-economic system in which all goods and services are available without the use of money, credits, barter or any other system of debt or servitude. All resources become the common heritage of all of the inhabitants, not just a select few. The premise upon which this system is based is that the Earth is abundant with plentiful resource; our practice of rationing resources through monetary methods is irrelevant and counter productive to our survival"

slikrapid
06.01.12, 03:37
I think the explanation of "the money is the problem" is so clear in the Zeitgeist Documentaries,

they simply use 'money' or the 'monetary system' as the convenient culprit for the existing social problems, convenient because one of their goals is to get rid of it, however these 'culprits' are nothing more than tools that may be used & abused, for example: it would be as if in a murder case committed with a knife one started blaming the 'knife' or the 'system allowing availability/usage of knives' as the culprit causing the problem/murder

the proposal about sharing and caring each other sounds great for me

sharing and caring exists naturally regardless of the current system 'in operation'

the main idea is to make a reengineering change in our current world for improving in this case

're-engineering' is indeed their goal, 'global' (earth) would be their target scope/range, 'improving' would be their sales pitch

According to The Zeitgeist Movement, the majority of the social problems which plague the human species at this time are not the sole result of some institutional corruption, scarcity, a political policy, a flaw of "human nature" or other commonly held assumptions of causality, but rather poverty, corruption, homelessness, war, starvation and the like appear to be the "symptoms" born out of an outdated socioeconomic structure.

actually, these will always be there in one form or another because they exist/appear regardless of the current socioeconomic structure, so regarding the zeitgeist movement future vision: poverty (spiritual poverty, material non-diversity or limited diversity defined/enforced by sustainability, poverty for those not sufficiently adapted or non-compliant with the system), corruption (regarding everything deemed 'of importance' or 'desirable' in such a society), homelessness (substituted by generic housing projects where individuality is defined as choose/pick something from our predefined packages, exclusive housing for the elite), war (pro & contra groups or mainstream vs. alternative groups, radicals & extremists - especially militant ones, psyops), starvation (substituted by mass-produced generic/GM products for the majority, exclusive products for the leading minority, no supported/allowed alternatives)

The Zeitgeist Movement pursues is the installation of a new socioeconomic model based upon technically responsible resource management, allocation, and distribution through what would be considered The Scientific Method

ie. centralized planned society & economy aka communism done by elite scientists/engineers via advanced computerized/robotic management systems aka technocracy (at least 'on the outside')

system in which all goods and services are available without the use of money, credits, barter or any other system of debt or servitude.

one will still be in servitude as long as one is dependent on the system, active system maintenance/perpetuation is an inherent debt as the system provides everything one needs

All resources become the common heritage of all of the inhabitants, not just a select few.

you think the leading technocratic elite won't abuse this for their own gain(s)? think again

The premise upon which this system is based is that the Earth is abundant with plentiful resource; our practice of rationing resources through monetary methods is irrelevant and counter productive to our survival"

yeah, i bet they're real concerned about 'our' survival
'look! there's plenty of resources, let me ration them for you so your ignorant/incompetent/counterproductive/individual persona (incl. your offspring) can survive, not forgetting its debt of everlasting gratitude to the wise decisions of your caretakers'

and another thing: notice how their ideas are getting very close to those of the current rulers/puppeteers (ie. smells like same-team or loyal competition):
- removing money from physical circulation (digital currency), reducing its value, paper currency backed-up by nothing,...
- sustainability & green agenda & UN agenda 21
- technocracy
- globalism, global harmonization
- scientific method (even or especially for non-technical topics, like society), science as a dogma
- spiritual poverty and/or misleading concepts
- group-think (common values), collectivism
- society/collective over individuality
- externally imposed/prescribed values
- orientation towards the superficial
- loosing freedoms/liberties for a sense of illusory security
- increased incompetence/dependence/indoctrination
- 'the state' knows best
- social engineering aka IngSoc
- centralized, planned and controlled society & economy (communism) or quasi-decentralized through dispersion/spreading/distribution over smaller regional/local units (communitarianism)
etc.