PDA

View Full Version : New Gmail look

SealLion
15.12.11, 23:30
I have been looking on userscripts.org for a script that will totally eliminate or alter in some scriptive way Gmail's new look which I absolutely hate. I have not found a suitable userscript yet.

Also, I read on one of the discussion boards on userscripts.org and somewhere in there a poster stated that he/she/it/what-ever that Gmail/YouTube are the new big brother and I think to a point they are somewhat correct in this regard.

Nevertheless, has anyone found a userscript or some other method ( other than switching to Yahoo!!) in which I don't have to be nagged to use the new theme and instead 'temporarily' use the old theme ( which I would like to use permanently). In addition, eventually, I believe that Gmail is going to force this sh*t down my throat which I'm afraid is going to fulfill a cornucopia of curse words at the company which is going to involve the strongest swear-word known to human history which has not yet been uttered.

And I think that to hear it spoken might involve explosive diarrhea .

kelly
16.12.11, 07:20
Isn't there an option to switch back to Gmail's old look according to this thread - How do i switch back to the old gmail theme? - Gmail Help (http://www.google.co.in/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=75e6a4f9708e02ed&hl=en)

I personally don't know , since i resisted the urge to switch to new look .

leechmodder
16.12.11, 09:05
I never opted for it and I believe it's a forced "upgrade" now. So no switching back.

yoco
16.12.11, 13:07
I like the new Gmail look, but I absolutely hate new YouTube look!

SealLion, I switched to the old look for my sister, she hates it as well. But I'm not sure how long will it last!

SealLion
16.12.11, 14:13
Isn't there an option to switch back to Gmail's old look according to this thread - How do i switch back to the old gmail theme? - Gmail Help (http://www.google.co.in/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=75e6a4f9708e02ed&hl=en)

I personally don't know , since i resisted the urge to switch to new look .

I never opted for it and I believe it's a forced "upgrade" now. So no switching back.

I like the new Gmail look, but I absolutely hate new YouTube look!

SealLion, I switched to the old look for my sister, she hates it as well. But I'm not sure how long will it last!

Kelly and leechmodder, I remember coming across that thread in order to revert back to the old look which I prefer. The reasons why I wanted to switch back was pretty much the same reasons expressed in that same thread: Because I couldn't see the difference btw read and unread mail. This in addition to the nagging pop-up in the lower right corner asking for feedback on the new look. I did find a userscript for that little nag screen but since I was able to temporarily switch back to the old look, most obviously I don't have to deal with it at present. Nevertheless, I did install that userscript since the foreseeable future strongly suggests that the new look is going to be a forced one.

And yoco, as for the new YT look, I'm sure you're aware that it's the same crap with the same nag pop-up on the lower right corner. Regardless of how many times you click the "X" the user is still going to get it unless I believe they sign into their YT account which more than likely will stop the nag pop-up. But why should one be signing in or keep their cookies in order to stop the nag?? I can't see any reason why. All I can suggest is to install some YT userscripts that might change some minor look of YT.

Also, since Gmail is used by pretty much everyone in the Western Hemisphere, there is not of an option other than having to put up with it which I don't really agree with. There should be a permanent option and unfortunately there is not. Only a temp option. I can understand that Gmail is probably trying to get a more 'futuristic' look for it's email service but I personally don't feel that there is anything wrong with the current look and feel of it.

yoco
16.12.11, 15:44
Did you try clicking on "settings" button?
http://shrani.si/f/z/CQ/4ciyzfKK/gmail.png

Sorry for not being in english!

And yea, I managed to get a scripts for YT that makes it look as it did before this new look. It works fine so far!

SealLion
16.12.11, 16:16
Yup. I did that and supposedly it reverts it to the old Gmail look temporarily, though. Right now I'm satisfied. Though when Gmail decides to make the new look be forced is something that I'm not looking forward to, I guess.:wdabs: Bummer!!

yoco
16.12.11, 16:18
I hate that that about Gmail and YT! They don't give you the option to keep old style or if you wish to swtich to new one! You should see the comments on YT forum about new look!

SealLion
16.12.11, 21:55
I hate that that about Gmail and YT! They don't give you the option to keep old style or if you wish to swtich to new one! You should see the comments on YT forum about new look!

I can imagine what they might be.I don't really go on the YT forums but I take it the comments are pretty expletive.