PDA

View Full Version : KeyCAPTCHA

Gapo
20.07.11, 20:44
SB-I may want to implement https://www.keycaptcha.com/ to further prevent spambots.

The Shutter
21.07.11, 00:26
it's already built in vb .

Gapo
26.07.11, 21:05
it's already built in vb .

No, it is not. What SB-I is currently using is ReCaptcha.

SomeGuy
27.07.11, 01:03
I think it's a good idea, but some people might think this is too much trouble and stop coming here :/

Khanna
27.07.11, 01:25
what's the use
do spam bots bypass the current ReCaptcha

anon
27.07.11, 06:26
Most bots don't get past our reCaptcha plus security questions. The spam you usually see comes from real people registering and posting, which is a recurring problem in forums, and something we sadly can't do much to prevent.

Khanna
27.07.11, 15:35
Most bots don't get past our reCaptcha plus security questions. The spam you usually see comes from real people registering and posting, which is a recurring problem in forums, and something we sadly can't do much to prevent.

yep that's what I thought, so there is no use really for the KeyCAPTCHA

Gapo
27.07.11, 23:57
yep that's what I thought, so there is no use really for the KeyCAPTCHA

That is wrong way to conclude. Bots are able to bypass ReCaptcha. KeyCAPTCHA in accordance with those security questions and/or ReCaptcha will strengthen SB-I against spammers and vandals.

Instab
28.07.11, 09:40
spam is not a big issü here. the current captcha + the qüstions seem to be doing a good job. and as anon said:

The spam you usually see comes from real people registering and posting

Gapo
28.07.11, 22:46
spam is not a big issue here. the current captcha + the questions seem to be doing a good job. and as anon said:

KeyCAPTCHA might be able to prevent those "small" cases where the spambots are able to bypass the security restrictions put in place. Either way, I trust you all are doing a good job. This is merely a suggestion that could lessen your work.

Sazzy
28.07.11, 23:54
it's sweet, but empty forum is empty, though. It's not like there's much else for them to do here :P

Instab
29.07.11, 02:31
KeyCAPTCHA might be able to prevent those "small" cases where the spambots are able to bypass the security restrictions

those small cases are real people as anon said

anon
29.07.11, 02:51
By the way, I nuked those guys in the sport section. Looks like their strategy is to make relatively on-topic posts, then edit them a few days later to add spam links when they're much less likely to be spotted.