PDA

View Full Version : How to Block All Cookies Except for Sites You Use

Gapo
24.05.11, 20:42
Cookies can be useful when you’re in control of them. Today we’re taking a look at how you can control cookies by blocking them except for when you want them to enhance your user experience.

How to Block All Cookies Except for Sites You Use (http://www.howtogeek.com/63721/how-to-block-all-cookies-except-for-sites-you-use/)

SealLion
25.05.11, 05:09
there is an interesting extension for firefox that I've come across a.k.a. 'betterprivacy". It does a bit of a similiar job to what the link describes that users can do with their browsers. That is, it does an advanced job of clearing out one's browser cookies of LSO's. What I've discovered is that browsers are not aware of these type of cookies, LSO's usually cannot be removed by browsers themselves. With Flash these LSO's can access and store any kind of highly specific personal and technical information that is stored in your computer.

After installing the extension " BetterPrivacy" finds the folder where your Flash plugin stores all the LSO's on your machine.
Essentially, afterwards, firefox is rid of the LSO's which are normally not deleted via the 'clear cache and cookie' settings. What I've come to know from the extension is that you can also keep some of the LSO's on your computer if you want.

It's not too bad, actually.