PDA

View Full Version : IPV6 capable home routers - Looking for Reliable information

desodorante
06.05.11, 01:53
Hi everyone,

My Router died a few weeks back. I've been looking for a replacement that supports IPV6, as the IPV4 bank pool has already dried up in Asia, and the rest of the world will follow shortly.
So far all I've found is rumors, compatible unofficial firmware (like DD-WRT and OpenWRT) and very expensive units that claim to support it ( ~U$S 200)
I've read, however, that some manufacturers simply do not want to mention the IPV6 support as it is not certified to work, or fully compatible.
So my question to you is, do you know of any routers that do support IPV6?
Have you used any?
The only model that I can afford, and is available on the market is the Dlink DIR-615, which (theorically) has official IPV6 support on Hardware Revision C, firmware 3.01.
These are the main brands sold in my country:

-Linksys (Somewhat expensive)
-TP-Link
-D-Link
-Cisco (Very expensive)
-Belkin (Harder to find and expensive)

There some other brands here and there, but it is not that easy to find them.

Thanks in advance!! :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Guys, I had an "enough of this shit" attack and bought a cheap router, decided not to give a fuck about IPv6. The router costed U$S 29 so there, problem solved.
You may close this thread unless someone is genuinely interested in the subject.
Sorry for the trouble.

anon
06.05.11, 02:11
I'll keep it open. After all, IPv4 will not last forever. I don't see our ISPs desperate over switching, though :dabs:

A quick IPv6 guide for those familiar with v4 (found this today while looking for info on the lecture I'll give tomorrow):
http://www.openwall.com/presentations/IPv6-1.pdf

Have fun with your new router, don't forget to forward your ports!

desodorante
06.05.11, 14:59
I'll keep it open. After all, IPv4 will not last forever. I don't see our ISPs desperate over switching, though :dabs:

Yeah, in fact, no one is! Just imagine that routers SUPPORTING IPv6 sometimes do not mention it! Could this be the next Y2K? (As in creating a last minute shopping spree)

Have fun with your new router, don't forget to forward your ports!

Naturally! What's funnier than port forwarding? :P