PDA

View Full Version : Trading Section

Resurrection
30.04.11, 12:38
Just two ideas about the Trading section I wanted to run by you guys...

1.Have you guys discussed about creating a 'Request' thread in the Invite section?
This I've seen in quite a lot of trackers.A thread where people can request invites to trackers without offering anything in return.Posting in this section implies 'I have nothing much of value that I can offer to you but please help me out'.
Since our Giveaway threads receive such good response,maybe it could work.

2. Another situation I've seen a lot is where one person posts something like "I want XX tracker.You pm me offers of what you want".
Since the offer is vague,the some member may ask him some tracker he doesn't have.After a back and forth,that member will realize that this was a waste of time.

So to avoid that how about using the format FST uses.
Like a [HAVE] and [WANT].
Make the guy creating the thread in that section specify exactly what he has and what he wants so that there is no ambiguity.

What do you think of it?

anon
30.04.11, 20:13
1.Have you guys discussed about creating a 'Request' thread in the Invite section?
This I've seen in quite a lot of trackers.A thread where people can request invites to trackers without offering anything in return.Posting in this section implies 'I have nothing much of value that I can offer to you but please help me out'.
Since our Giveaway threads receive such good response,maybe it could work.

You can already do that if you create a thread with the "[Search]" prefix and say you don't have anything in return.

2. Another situation I've seen a lot is where one person posts something like "I want XX tracker.You pm me offers of what you want".
Since the offer is vague,the some member may ask him some tracker he doesn't have.After a back and forth,that member will realize that this was a waste of time.

So to avoid that how about using the format FST uses.
Like a [HAVE] and [WANT].
Make the guy creating the thread in that section specify exactly what he has and what he wants so that there is no ambiguity.

In this particular case, I can agree. People should be specific with what they can give in return to avoid useless posts and messages.

However, in the opposite situation ("I have XX, make me offers") I think it's OK. The guy has something he has no use for, and therefore wants to see if he can swap it for something he ends up liking.