PDA

View Full Version : Probably the Best Free Windows Security List in the World

Resurrection
22.04.11, 13:01
An up-to date list of all the softwares that you can use for security and protection of your system.
The products are almost exclusively free with some exceptions: products where there is no free alternative, good products that offer a lifelong license, and exceptional products.

The list has tools for realtime protection, scanners (offline and online), firewalls, Host-based Intrusion Prevention System, Sandboxing-virtualization ,Browser security, IP-blocking/hardening, System monitoring, Network traffic monitoring, System cleaning, Data rescue, Encryption and few other Miscellaneous purposes.

You can see from the feedback that this list has been well recived

Probably the Best Free Security List in the World (http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/probably-best-free-security-list-world.htm)

We react to every correction and suggestion, although we may not answer all of them explicitly. This list is updated approximately twice a week, if needed.

(*Too big to recreate.Sorry!)

zmist
29.06.11, 15:21
the list goes on and on ..... and my eset nod32 is not even in the list

takomania
29.06.11, 18:08
it's just a big list of tools - quantity over quality for sure, plus half of that 'freeware' is actually trial versions of the full software, making it pointless...

-edit-

hehe - just read the header paragraph on that site:

The products are almost exclusively free with some exceptions: products where there is no free alternative, good products that offer a lifelong license, and exceptional products.

so it's all freeware, except for the stuff that isn't. lol...

SomeGuy
29.06.11, 23:12
I am sure somewhere someone will download all those tools, install them all, and feel so good about his secure computer :smile:

Gapo
03.09.11, 21:07
I am sure somewhere someone will download all those tools, install them all, and feel so good about his secure computer :smile:

No point getting all of them :gtongue: This truly is a great list. Recommend bookmarking this site.