PDA

View Full Version : Why does Facebook want your phone number? [VIDEO]

Resurrection
19.01.11, 05:48
Find out why apps would need your phone number or address and see how you can adjust your account settings accordingly

----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lh9L2sohl8

--------------
This is a lawsuit waiting to happen...

But in my opinion,If you put your phone number & address on Facebook you deserve everything it brings!!

seldom
19.01.11, 15:33
This video is not available in your country.
Sorry about that.
Unbelievable!!!

Instab
19.01.11, 16:30
But in my opinion,If you put your phone number & address on Facebook you deserve everything it brings!!

+1 :D

anon
19.01.11, 20:21
The smiley YouTube shows for "this video is not available in your country" looks a lot like our :dabs: one!

Tried to get the video with a US proxy. Couldn't. :unsure:

seldom
19.01.11, 20:39
German proxy brings the same result)

slikrapid
19.01.11, 20:53
This video is not available in your country.

i didn't even get the 'sorry about that' part :biggrin:

if you put your phone number & address on Facebook you deserve everything it brings!!

so if someone gets killed/raped/maimed/... (fi. by a serial killer/rapist/mutilator) because he/she put his/her phone number & address on FB, it means he/she deserved it? :rolleyes: :P

Gapo
19.01.11, 23:25

You don't deserve anything for doing that. Facebook on the other hand should be critized and compelled to remove such forms. Nonetheless, that most likely won't happen, but I'll voice my opinion regardless.

yoco
19.01.11, 23:42
Couldn't say it better my self! :D

ErRor
19.01.11, 23:58
tried different proxys
same thing :'(

Resurrection
20.01.11, 04:37
Sorry about that gents...Here's a working link...

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com - Explain it to me: Facebook privacy (http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/tech/2011/01/18/sutter.fb.explain.it.cnn.html)

Instab
20.01.11, 18:51
so if someone gets killed/raped/maimed/... (fi. by a serial killer/rapist/mutilator) because he/she put his/her phone number & address on FB, it means he/she deserved it? :rolleyes: :P

hehe, good job with missing the point :P
and btw you really need to cut down on the slashes it just gives a terrible read ^^

slikrapid
20.01.11, 22:11
hehe, good job with missing the point

lol, i know what he meant by it, it goes to show how his absolute formulation does not apply in an absolute manner - might be a good idea not to use these if one is not 'absolutely' sure about their meaning :P

and btw you really need to cut down on the slashes it just gives a terrible read

the rapist messed up the structure a bit, though it seems this wasn't the (main) reason for your 'misinterpretation', eh? ;)