PDA

View Full Version : Movies from 2010 worth watching - A retrospective

slikrapid
29.12.10, 20:53
an overview of movies from 2010 imo worth watching (includes movies from 2009 or earlier, whose dvdrips got released in 2010)

action:

Inception (2010)
Machete (2010) cheap & silly but has its moments

adventure:

Robin Hood (2010)

animated:

How To Train Your Dragon (2010)

comedy:

Grown Ups (2010) average
Robin Williams - Weapons of Self Destruction (2009) stand-up comedy

drama:

Cracks (2009)
Crazy Heart (2009)
Enter The Void (2009) if you can stand the irritating stroboscopic effects
Precious - Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire (2009)
The Blind Side (2009)
The Joneses (2009)
The Social Network (2010)

fantasy:

Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Arthur and the Revenge of Maltazard (2009)
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)

fighting:
-

horror:

A Serbian Film (2010)
Bitten (2008)
Cabin Fever 2 (2009)
Rec 2 (2009)
Saw VI (2009)
Saw VII - The Final Chapter (2010)
Splice (2009)
The Collector (2010)
The Descent Part 2 (2010)
The Human Centipede (2009)

other:

Clarkson The Italian Job (2010) documentary (cars)
Faust (1994) art/drama
Gasland (2010) documentary
Out Of Mind (1998) art/horror
Richard Hammonds Invisible Worlds (2010) 3eps documentary series

romance:
-

SF:

2012 (2009)
Predators (2010)

thriller:

The Hole (2009)
The Last Exorcism (2010)

western:
-

for those looking to find the exact (scene) release names for any of the listed movies can refer to the following site (the source for this list):

http://www.rlslog.net/category/movies/

yoco
30.12.10, 00:01
There're some movie I didn't expect. Probably gonna watch them now!
:D

Resurrection
30.12.10, 07:17
A Serbian Film (2010)

Oh man...How many of you watched this movie?

yoco
30.12.10, 10:30
I heard of it, but didn't watch. Is it any good?

C3PO
30.12.10, 10:33
It's just...surrealistic

slikrapid
30.12.10, 19:25
its nasty so watch out :P

Blocker
31.12.10, 19:26
Machete,Inception and The Social Network are my favourites of 2010

Even tough Machete was the less I expect from Robert Rodriguez,Inception becomes from an interesting idea sometimes I think they stole in some way the idea of Papurika a japanese movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0851578/ and The Social Network for me it's a cool story the way Facebook was created

kelly
31.12.10, 22:09
Haven't watched recent movies lately. But from what i have watched till now, Social Network was kinda ok, How to Train your Dragon was goood..Thanks for the list.Reminds of my movie Backlogs :P

SealLion
31.12.10, 23:15
there's a film on that list that, after having read quite a number of reviews not only on IMDB but elsewhere too, A Serbian Film, is a movie that I don't think that I'd want to watch.
Not after what I just read.
It's not even chilling. It's beyond that.

there's a film that I did come across that supposedly makes another film called A Human Centipede, look like a circus. I googled it in the hopes of potentially downloading it and checking it out, but.....I don't think so either.

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

some of the other films like the Imaninarium, and The Descent 2 I did watch and were 'ok' for my taste buds.

mirrormask
05.01.11, 10:59
three remarkable movies that come to my mind right now, all kind of in the drama category:
a serious man(2009)
mr. nobody(2009)
the road(2009)

desodorante
05.01.11, 14:40
three remarkable movies that come to my mind right now, all kind of in the drama category:
a serious man(2009)
mr. nobody(2009)
the road(2009)

a serious man(2009): Damn the Coen brothers and their "Surprise! the movie just ended" approach
mr. nobody(2009): I will check this one out, sounds interesting :)
the road(2009): Great movie, although, the absolute lack of information about the context in the movie really spoiled it a bit.

there's a film on that list that, after having read quite a number of reviews not only on IMDB but elsewhere too, A Serbian Film, is a movie that I don't think that I'd want to watch.

there's a film that I did come across that supposedly makes another film called A Human Centipede, look like a circus. I googled it in the hopes of potentially downloading it and checking it out, but.....I don't think so either.

---------- Post added at 15:15 ---------- Previous post was at 15:11 ----------

some of the other films like the Imaninarium, and The Descent 2 I did watch and were 'ok' for my taste buds.

I agree. I find both movies repulsive from the very description, I just don't understand how that can be considered entertainment.

slikrapid
05.01.11, 19:52
I find both movies repulsive from the very description, I just don't understand how that can be considered entertainment.

i'd say then their goal has been accomplished ;) :

Horror films are unsettling movies that strive to elicit the emotions of fear, disgust and horror from viewers.

desodorante
06.01.11, 13:50
i'd say then their goal has been accomplished ;) :

Not if I don't want to see them! :P

slikrapid
06.01.11, 16:10
Not if I don't want to see them!

thats even better (interestingly, for you & for them), it increases their cult status :P

theintervurt
06.01.11, 19:35
Don't miss the experiment, was a great movie.

grilled
06.01.11, 20:14
well machete & inception are my favourite. The expandables & Tekken are gud for action fans.

Resurrection
07.01.11, 03:43

I think a part of me died by the time I finished watching Српски филм (A Serbian Film)

theintervurt
07.01.11, 14:43
I think a part of me died by the time I finished watching (A Serbian Film)

Strangely enough a friend of mine told me he watched that yesterday, he told me there was baby raping going on and that this guy would also stick his penis into someone's eye and in the end suggested I shouldn't watch it.
It sounds as if "A Serbian Film" would show up as the definition of "fucked up" in a dictionary but is it really that bad.

Evilmill
08.01.11, 05:08
my 2010 favs excepts the ones posted are...

SAW VII,
Red,
Green Zone,
Unthinkable,
Get Him to the Greek {Comedy Ones}.

SealLion
09.01.11, 01:52

I agree. I find both movies repulsive from the very description, I just don't understand how that can be considered entertainment.

Movie production facilities will do just about anything, I guess to make a fast buck or 2 if they can. I don't even think that it would be considered entertainment (maybe for some, I guess ) for the majority of the public. Most pple are repulsed by such kind of actions if they were to occur in real life and to have something like what a Serbian Film was all about would be, (speaking for myself only ) in my mind, equally as repulsive.

I think a part of me died by the time I finished watching Српски филм (A Serbian Film)

I, and I am sure that goes for some of you guys as well, have found that reviews by past viewers are an indication of how good or bad a film might be. Most of the time, I go by what the reviewers have said simply because after reading an appropriate amount of reviews, I get a pretty good idea of whether or not a film is worth downloading or not.

sbtorrent
09.01.11, 12:51
my 2010 favs excepts the ones posted are...

SAW VII,
Red,
Green Zone,
Unthinkable,
Get Him to the Greek {Comedy Ones}.

I just watched Unthinkable. That movie is underrated and underappreciated. Samuel Jackson is great.

I'll add Toy Story 3. Cute movie.