PDA

View Full Version : uTorrent -Serenity- 2.2.0 Build 23703

Owyn
14.12.10, 13:48
http://i35.tinypic.com/25eyzcz.png
uSerenity 2.2.0 Build 23703

see features (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/userenity-settings-description-22032/) page

changelog:
- fixed hanging after Exit if fakeupload is used
- fixed crash for very very very long tracker names

╔═══════════════════════════╗
Password:
╚═══════════════════════════╝

uSerenity03

btw, attached debug version for testers and those who say they have problems and are not sure that it works 100% of times. logs every action to a text file inside folder with program.

pimphead07
17.12.10, 06:00
Debug is a welcome addition :) Good to keep track of announces

lolz
17.12.10, 14:24
I think there's a small bug in debug version, torrent file doesn't auto load when download. So I must double click in torrent file to load it.

Fixed version in new build of utorrent is welcome :)

pimphead07
17.12.10, 17:35
I think there's a small bug in debug version, torrent file doesn't auto load when download. So I must double click in torrent file to load it.

Fixed version in new build of utorrent is welcome :)

What? I think you always have to double click on the torrent to load it. Or am I not getting something?

lolz
18.12.10, 16:09
What? I think you always have to double click on the torrent to load it. Or am I not getting something?

My English is quite bad so I cant describe all my thought to you. Sorry for that. I mean when you download a torrent file from tracker, your browser downloads and auto chooses an application (utorrent) to open it. With normal version above, everything works fine but with debug version, my browser downloads it but utorrent doesn't load so I must double click to load it manually.

seldom
18.12.10, 16:57
lolz, that's because your utorrent is set up to be an application that Windows will use to open .torrent files by default. It's just not possible to have more than 1 default application to open one type of file. However, if you want the debug version to be your default application for .torrent files, you can do that in Windows, but as a result - if you double-click on .torrent file after, it will be always opened with the debug version of uSerenity.

lolz
18.12.10, 17:19
Thx seldom for a reply. In firefox and windows, I set userenity is a default application to open .torrent file. Debug version is just .dll file so I think just replace the old .dll with new one and done. Am I wrong in some steps ?

anon
18.12.10, 17:23
if you want the debug version to be your default application for .torrent files

Preferences -> General -> Associate with .torrent files. Ka-ching! :lol:

Debug version is just .dll file so I think just replace the old .dll with new one

Makes sense, I don't think that's the part gone wrong.

Birkoff
19.12.10, 13:32
Nor 23703, nor 23701 are not working for me. The programm is "sitting" in system tray and downloading/uploading but I cannot see the interface and use the programm.
The debug version is not working at all and crashing completely. I don't know what to read from the log. All I know it contains all my torrents..

seldom
19.12.10, 16:11
Nor 23703, nor 23701 are not working for me.
Did you mean 23071?

The programm is "sitting" in system tray and downloading/uploading but I cannot see the interface and use the programm. What happens if you right-click on the system tray icon? Can you see "Hide/Show uTorrent"?

anon
19.12.10, 18:06
I don't know what to read from the log.

You don't have to worry about that. Attach it as a file and Owyn will have a look.

Birkoff
19.12.10, 23:11
Did you mean 23071?
What happens if you right-click on the system tray icon? Can you see "Hide/Show uTorrent"?
Yes, 23071
I can see "Hide/Show uTorrent" and all the rest, I can pause/start torrents, and I can exit..

You don't have to worry about that. Attach it as a file and Owyn will have a look.
The problem is that it contains my passkeys to torrents.. :shy:

As far as I can see from the log it contains all the torents that are curently labeled and has the Fake Upload mark. Other labeled torrents without Fake Upload (no cheating) are not in the log.

Program Start
init
initialised
init
init
init
init
init
init
init
init
init
init
init

Applying settings profile [default] for label [(null)] started:

Torrent Label: (null)
Uploaded stat: 487127235
Torrent Size: 433305795

New:
http://trackerdomain.com?passkey=mypasskey&info_hash=torrentinfohash&peer_id=-peerid&port=myport&uploaded=0&downloaded=0&left=0&corrupt=0&key=key&event=started&numwant=200&compact=1&no_peer_id=1
Original:
http://trackerdomain.com?passkey=mypasskey&info_hash=torrentinfohash&peer_id=-peerid&port=myport&uploaded=0&downloaded=0&left=0&corrupt=0&key=key&event=started&numwant=200&compact=1&no_peer_id=1&ipv6=myipv6

init

fake thread started
init
The red part goes 6 times for all the 6 torrents that are currently labeled with Fake Upload.

seldom
20.12.10, 00:17
I can see "Hide/Show uTorrent"
If you left-click on "Hide/Show uTorrent" you should see the main window, I hope. Try it :)

Birkoff
20.12.10, 01:44
If you left-click on "Hide/Show uTorrent" you should see the main window, I hope. Try it :)
I've tried it before, no success. I can see an icon on the W!n7 taskbar but cannot see the interface..
I've deleted serenity_settings.cfg, launched uSerenity (starting uSerenity without serenity_settings.cfg worked) and created all the labels from scratch. Closed uSerenity. I've recreated the profiles on Settings Manager also. Saved. I've started uSerenity. Working. Resuming normal torrents. Working. Resuming torrents that labeled with Fake Upload. Minimizing uSerenity to system tray and that's it - I can't see the interface anymore.

uTorrent released build 23774.

anon
20.12.10, 03:08
I've deleted serenity_settings.cfg, launched uSerenity (starting uSerenity without serenity_settings.cfg worked) and created all the labels from scratch. Closed uSerenity. I've recreated the profiles on Settings Manager also. Saved. I've started uSerenity. Working. Resuming normal torrents. Working. Resuming torrents that labeled with Fake Upload. Minimizing uSerenity to system tray and that's it - I can't see the interface anymore.

Good step-by-step description, that should help in locating where the code issue is.

uTorrent released build 23774.

I'm sure Owyn is aware of that and will release an updated version as soon as possible. I mean, we already have a thread where uTorrent updates can be posted. And in case you didn't notice, here's the "amazing" changelog for that build:

-- 2010-12-14: Version 2.2 (build 23774)
- Change: Add new Pioneer One promo
- Change: Switch app dialog permission icon from error to question

Owyn
20.12.10, 11:01
Good step-by-step description, that should help in locating where the code issue is.
well that doesn't, i start uTorrent, i start FakeUploading Torrent, i Minimize uTorrent to system tray, i Maximize it back without problems.
if you have Win7 you might test it as well.

and about that log thing, it missing FakeUploading start line after first fake torrent and missing fake thread insides where it adds uploaded stat. don't know if it's on authors purpose or not.

anon
20.12.10, 17:02
well that doesn't, i start uTorrent, i start FakeUploading Torrent, i Minimize uTorrent to system tray, i Maximize it back without problems.
if you have Win7 you might test it as well.

My netbook runs Windows 7, I'll have a look at it there later today. Needless to say, I didn't have that issue on XP.

Birkoff
20.12.10, 20:58
well that doesn't, i Maximize it back without problems.
I'm not. And I have Win7 as I wrote on that post.

and about that log thing, it missing FakeUploading start line after first fake torrent and missing fake thread insides where it adds uploaded stat. don't know if it's on authors purpose or not.
It's not. I've replaced only the strings after "=" that contained passkey, tracker, hash, port, ipv6.

About the new build, I just mentioned it, nothing more..

Well, never mind guys, my job has always been helping others, so I'll break my head by myslef. I'll keep on tracking silently..
Keep up the good work. Peace! :)

lolz
23.12.10, 12:50
noupload function doesnt work properly right, does it ?

uSerenity Settings file

NO_UPLOAD

<
setting_name=Default
leecher=1
nodownload=1
noupload=1
nocorrupt=1
nocomplete=1
>

<
setting_name=Normal
>

<
setting_name=BeSeeder
seeder=1
nodownload=1
noupload=1
nocorrupt=1
nocomplete=1
>

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1828/capturefzr.png

it's not a problem but I just want to ask.

C3PO
23.12.10, 14:15
It works fine for me..

seldom
23.12.10, 14:28
lolz, have you assign a proper label to the torrent? If the label name is 'Normal' (judging from your quote) noupload may be disabled.

C3PO
23.12.10, 14:49
I think it's not possible to have NoUp in 1 profile and don't have it in the other one?

seldom
23.12.10, 15:07
I thought so too, but after I saw 'setting_name=Normal' and nothing below related to that profile in lolz's post I am not sure anymore:)

C3PO
23.12.10, 15:09
I thought so too, but after I saw 'setting_name=Normal' and nothing below related to that profile in lolz's post I am not sure anymore:)

But do u have problems with NoUp,too?

lolz
23.12.10, 15:11
No, the torrent runs with "default" label and no-upload checked. Of course, it works fine almost time with all of my torrent. But sometime it happens like that.

seldom
23.12.10, 15:14
But do u have problems with NoUp,too?
No, but that's probably because I don't use uSerenity :) Can't verify it now, sorry.
I will check 'Normal' profile when I have a chance, I think it comes preset with uSerenity.
We still don't know what label, if any, lolz's using for that torrent though. Already know:)

C3PO
23.12.10, 15:28
I had that problem, too, but with way lower amounts of upload. I upped like 64KB or smt.

seldom
23.12.10, 15:35
I had that problem, too, but with way lower amounts of upload. I upped like 64KB or smt.
Yes, there is small upload shown when using noupload mods, and this is normal - overhead traffic, however, I've never seen speeds that high (32kB/s).

anon
23.12.10, 17:17
Who said 32kB/s? :unsure: 32 or 64 KB added to the "Uploaded" column is nothing to worry about.

If you have a 100/100 line, overhead can go over the 900+kB/s region. Once again, no worries.

Extraterrestrial
23.12.10, 17:29
- fixed hanging after Exit if fakeupload is used

It's still the same, i have to kill uSerenity process from the task manager to completely exit it, i hope you fix this error in the next releases.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

btw, It's hanging even if i'm not using fakeupload.

seldom
23.12.10, 17:37
Who said 32kB/s? :unsure:
Well, isn't in on the 2nd pic over here: http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=23731&page=2#post245306 ? :)

anon
23.12.10, 17:39
You're right. :wgrin:

I have blocked Imageshack so I didn't see the screenshot.

Owyn
23.12.10, 18:48
It's still the same
then it has nothing to do with fakeuploading and uSerenity :P

Extraterrestrial
23.12.10, 18:58
then it has nothing to do with fakeuploading and uSerenity
So what's the problem?
I'm using stealth settings right now, when existing, it disappears from the task bar but it's still showing uSerenity process in the task manager and i have to kill it from there to be sure it's ok to open a new instance.

Sazzy
23.12.10, 20:14
Not sure if someone pointed it out yet, but when you click help there's a typo you might want to fix in the next release! :)

It says "expecially" instead of "especially". It also says "click website" while the button is called webpage.

Owyn
23.12.10, 23:17
Not sure if someone pointed it out yet, but when you click help there's a typo you might want to fix in the next release! :)

It says "expecially" instead of "especially". It also says "click website" while the button is called webpage.

oh :wwhistle:

lolz
29.12.10, 04:17
Dont know why, but it happened again

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6780/capturens.png

Gapo
04.01.11, 23:24
Dont know why, but it happened again

What exactly happened again? Sorry, but you'll have to give us a concise explanation. We can't read your mind :gtongue:

anon
04.01.11, 23:25
What exactly happened again?

Serenity uploading with no upload enabled.

Owyn
05.01.11, 11:29
well if you wonder why it could happen or could it go ask The248 :)

theintervurt
06.01.11, 03:19
I recently decided to try this out for the first time and Im having issues getting it to work so I am wondering if Im doing something wrong.
By using the settings editor I can create new "profiles" and then save them, are those profiles supposed to show up in uSerenity as labels ? If so they do not show up at all in my case, if not I have also tried creating new labels with the names of the profiles but still nothings working. I have only checked the fakeupload option but uSerenity doesn't upload anything, its just as if Im using an unmodded client.

anon
06.01.11, 03:22
I have also tried creating new labels with the names of the profiles but still nothings working.

That's strange, considering that's how it works.

I have only checked the fakeupload option but uSerenity doesn't upload anything, its just as if Im using an unmodded client.

Fake upload won't show up as real upload in uTorrent. You'll only see the numbers below the "Uploaded" column increase.

theintervurt
06.01.11, 20:57
Fake upload won't show up as real upload in uTorrent. You'll only see the numbers below the "Uploaded" column increase.

That has to be the case, Ive only been looking at the torrent's upload speed. Will let you know if the uploaded doesn't increase as fast as it should be although chances are very few.

Also thumbs up to Owyn for using wxWidgets for the editor :)

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 ----------

Strange how it still doesn't work, I downloaded the debug version and checked the txt file after a while. Even though fake upload is activated uploaded stat is always 0 :s

Owyn
06.01.11, 22:24
Strange how it still doesn't work, I downloaded the debug version and checked the txt file after a while. Even though fake upload is activated uploaded stat is always 0 :s
if it works correctly in the .txt file then it works correctly in the program, the tracker must be broken and working badly then.

anon
06.01.11, 22:25
May want to post a screen of your Serenity and settings manager.

bocajrs
10.01.11, 06:03
Hi, I was trying to make a Stealth download at Waf***s, I put this settings: Be Leecher, No report DL, No report UL, No report Corrupt, Don't Announce, and Connect tracker just...

But the DL appeared on Snatchlist, obviusly with 0 DL, 0 UL and No complete.

What I'm doing Wrong?

Thanks In Advance.

anon
10.01.11, 06:07
What I'm doing Wrong?

Not knowing how the Waffles snatchlist operates. Once you load a torrent, its entry will go and remain there - forever. Even if it's deleted. Lessons learned the hard way. But you can always download the torrent with a profile that doesn't cheat in any way to fix your snatchlist.

bocajrs
10.01.11, 19:49
Not knowing how the Waffles snatchlist operates. Once you load a torrent, its entry will go and remain there - forever. Even if it's deleted. Lessons learned the hard way. But you can always download the torrent with a profile that doesn't cheat in any way to fix your snatchlist.

Yep, I already know that, maybe the snatchlist of this tracker is bulletproof :p

On the other Music Tracker, (W***), do you think this method will work?

anon
10.01.11, 20:19
On the other Music Tracker, (W***), do you think this method will work?

I think reading its respective thread will work, yes. :gyup:

theintervurt
14.01.11, 03:41
I think I found a bug, I tested this twice on different torrents and noticed the exact same behavior. I created a label named "200const" which constantly fake uploads at 200 kB/s , once you use that label on a torrent uSerenity continues to upload even if you remove it or change label.

anon
14.01.11, 03:43
You have to stop the torrent before changing the label for it to be effective.

scorcher
14.01.11, 06:11
replying to a question about vem

As I said at least twice, there's a problem with the uT spoof that prevents the mod when uploading for real when you use it.
I want to know if userenity can easily connect 2 peers while using vista with no port forwarding

anon
14.01.11, 06:12
This is like... the fourth time I say there won't be any problems...

CoreCore
15.01.11, 18:38
Yes he updates is the auto updater DL a new build if not you will have to wait.

On a side note: Owyn.
I was wondering, is it possible to add Custom amount (%) done to No report and maybe a Download amount reduction (like Vuze mod has) to normal Downloads with fake UL on?

Keep up the great work.

Biltu
19.01.11, 11:37
If you have a 100/100 line, overhead can go over the 900+kB/s region. Once again, no worries.

You mean if I have a line 100/100Mbps then I can set 900+kB/s
and region you mean that the country who have the 100Mbps speed ?
am I right :)

anon
19.01.11, 18:21
Actually, you're totally wrong. 100Mbps is 12.5MB/s, and "region" means the numbers overhead traffic (use Google before asking) can reach when maxing your speed out in such a line.

Biltu
20.01.11, 15:24
^^^ I dont understnad some part
You said 100Mbps is 12MBps and I wrote if I have line like this ( 100Mbps line ) then I can set 900kBps. am I wrong :confused:
and I thought "region" you meaning the geographic sense of the term who has the 100Mbps, 1Gbps line like France, Sweden :smile:

anon
20.01.11, 18:15
You said 100Mbps is 12MBps and I wrote if I have line like this ( 100Mbps line ) then I can set 900kBps. am I wrong :confused:

Do you know what overhead traffic is?

If not, Google it, find out, then read my post again, you should understand it now. Nowhere did I say you should use 900kB/s.

Actually, if you had a 100Mbit line I'd tell you to delete all cheating tools from your computer and seed honestly.

obama
25.01.11, 02:52
hypothetical situation:
1. join a site, do not report upload/download, and download everything we want--will this keep us from getting banned? 0% seed/leecher ratio always

2. use fake upload slowly on an already joined site until ratio is respectable for not getting banned, then turning off reporting of upload/download, and download whatever you want--ratio is locked at respectable amount.

are either of these safe methods of leeching?

also, how does the enable DHT patch work and why doesnt utorrent allow it?

thanks!

anon
25.01.11, 02:54
Hypothetical situation 1: you read the tracker's respective cheating thread and find out if those work or not.

Hypothetical situation 2: you search the forum for "DHT patch" and find the answers to your questions. :wtongue:

obama
25.01.11, 03:58
so basically, theres no general answer for hypothetical 1 but based on tracker?

also, hypothetical situation 2 was not answered :)

thanks

anon
25.01.11, 04:01
Yes to both; search is the answer for both situations.

kallavera
02.02.11, 15:36
I have tried downloading Serenity multiple times but on extraction I'm getting this error always

\Desktop\uTorrent_Serenity_2.2.0_23703.zip: Unknown method in uSerenity Settings.exe
! \Desktop\uTorrent_Serenity_2.2.0_23703.zip: Unknown method in uSerenity.dll
! \Desktop\uTorrent_Serenity_2.2.0_23703.zip: Unknown method in uSerenity.exe
! \Desktop\uTorrent_Serenity_2.2.0_23703.zip: No files to extract

I'v even set the supplied password as the Default password in winrar ... what am I doing wrong

seldom
02.02.11, 17:09
on extraction I'm getting this error always
Most likely you are using an older version of winrar than the one was used for archiving. Try to upgrade your winrar.

anon
02.02.11, 17:10
Default password? :eyebrows:

Did you try typing it manually instead of copying and pasting it? Sometimes browsers add an space at the end when the password isn't between PW tags.

kallavera
02.02.11, 17:31
Most likely you are using an older version of winrar than the one was used for archiving. Try to upgrade your winrar.

I was using winrar, as per your advice I downloaded the latest version of winzip (since its a .zip file anyways) and problem solved :) thanks

oh just 1 more question, I'm slightly confused, I don want my download to count, so I ticked No Report Download, now I want to tick Be Seeder but since my download was not reported , wont the tracker get suspicious that how am I (fake)seeding if I didnt download 1st ??

seldom
02.02.11, 18:32
wont the tracker get suspicious that how am I (fake)seeding if I didnt download 1st ??
There is such thing as 'cross-seeding' that allowed on majority of trackers (check the rules on you tracker to be safe), that means that you could download a torrent somewhere else and seed it on one or more other trackers. Unless you are not faking exclusive torrent and your tracker is OK with cross-seeding it should not look suspicious.

anon
02.02.11, 19:05
http://www.sb-innovation.de/60531-post463.html

SaintShaolin
11.02.11, 05:35
Is there a request thread for this application?

I was just wondering if it was possible to change the values of the tracker column.
Instead of the URL, it would replace it with the name of the tracker instead.

anon
11.02.11, 16:46
Is there a request thread for this application?

Just post here and Owyn will reply when he sees them.

By the way, there are labels for that, and they won't interfere with the mod's faking as long as the profile's name is somewhere in the label. For example, if you have a profile named "noreport", you can label TL torrents where you wish to use that "TL - noreport".

SaintShaolin
12.02.11, 03:34
Thanks. This is what I nornally do, use the label column for manually categorizing the torrents by trackers.
But I had no idea parsing was involved. Awesome. This would make the labels a little longer though, since I use full names.

By the way, there are labels for that, and they won't interfere with the mod's faking as long as the profile's name is somewhere in the label. For example, if you have a profile named "noreport", you can label TL torrents where you wish to use that "TL - noreport".

seldom
12.02.11, 16:45
This would make the labels a little longer though, since I use full names.
Just be careful there - there is a length limit in uSerenity (settings).

MiCRON
20.02.11, 18:25
Is it really necessary to restart the client every time you change a torrent's label? If it is, what would happen if I just change a torrents label without restarting and is it also applicable to RSS downloads that gets kinda auto-labeled?

anon
20.02.11, 18:26
I know you need to restart for sure, I guess the torrent keeps on using the old label's settings as long as you don't. No idea about the RSS, I've only used that when I had access to a ruTorrent seedbox to become a ratio whore. :gredface:

MiCRON
20.02.11, 19:28
Okay. I wanted to make some tests myself but my computer is too crappy and it always crashes serenity when using the debug version. I'll try to make some tests using a sniffer or something tomorrow.