PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasurf -Internet Explorer +Firefox

Resurrection
23.11.10, 05:34
Ok this a quick little info about Ultrasurf

You know how Ultrasurf automatically starts up Internet Explorer when you click on it to stealth-surf...

However sometimes you'd prefer the addons of FF....

SO I found this easy little setting that you can use.This will make FF functional through UltraSurf

----

Normal double click on US to start it.Leave it aside.

In FF go to TOOL>OPTIONS>ADVANCED>NETWORK tab>SETTINGS>
And then of the various radio options available,click and select "Use System Proxy Settings"

Just that.You're done...

------

Go to whatsmyip or whatever to confirm it...

Instab
23.11.10, 06:17
also works with any browser that can use the IE proxy settings

anon
23.11.10, 13:18
You know how Ultrasurf automatically starts up Internet Explorer when you click on it to stealth-surf...

Tick "do not use IE" if on a new version, or untick "start IE automatically at start" if on an old one. That prevents it.

SO I found this easy little setting that you can use.This will make FF functional through UltraSurf

Stuff

Just set host 127.0.0.1 on port 9666 as an HTTP proxy. That's better, since you don't rely on IE's proxy settings, which can affect the functionality of other applications.

Resurrection
30.11.10, 07:45
Holy crap..Did you guys know Chrome does this on its own?No settings..no nothing...

I was happily making various accounts on αΩ in FF when in Chrome I saw the address in my SCC changed from the real one to the ultrasurf one...I was even fake uploading on SCC at that time using RM...

ĦAy Dios Mio!

hessler
30.11.10, 07:50
chrome uses IE kernal so the settings in IE always in effect in chrome

anon
30.11.10, 13:20
chrome uses IE kernal

That's a ridiculous statement. A more correct one would be "Chrome uses IE's proxy settings".

I wonder why Google doesn't change that.