PDA

View Full Version : [eMule] Applejuice Community?

desodorante
14.11.10, 20:20
Hi all,

I use emule. I've seen the number of people using it diminish over the years, and is now coming to a point where I get an average speed below 100kb/s.
This is maybe related to the fact that I already downloaded every "known" thing I like, and I am getting into more rare/unknown files.
Nevertheless, sources scatter, and I simply can't find what I want in BT, nor Online Hosters.
So, what I want to know is:
Is there a way to Fake Applejuice?
Or is there anyone in the community that can give me some feedback?

Thanks in advance :smile:

anon
14.11.10, 20:24
So, what I want to know is:
Is there a way to Fake Applejuice?

Not really, the community traffic is encrypted, and I think so are AJ mods' executable files. With very advanced cracking/ASM skills it could probably be done, but no one has taken the time to do it yet and publicly post their achievements, apparently.

If you want to be part of the Applejuice community, you'll have to use one of their "official" mods. At least, that's my understanding of the matter.

piratemeister
14.11.10, 22:03
Not really, the community traffic is encrypted, and I think so are AJ mods' executable files.
IMHO I sincerly don't know how is possible do that. And I've used applejuice a lot of time. Maybe instead that there is something on the KAD Hash, in fact there is a feature in aj wich you can change it every 24h or 48h and I've seen after that you lose aj credit. And you can disable connection to KAD network... but maybe is all encrypted like anon said before. Who can say how aj see other aj and difference it (fireball, applejuice, razorback...) ???

With very advanced cracking/ASM skills it could probably be done, but no one has taken the time to do it yet and publicly post their achievements, apparently.
Maybe because nobody is interested to do that, I don't know why... or maybe because is too much hard to do. Who know ?

If you want to be part of the Applejuice community, you'll have to use one of their "official" mods. At least, that's my understanding of the matter.
You can found some of aj community mods here on SBI, I've posted it.

desodorante
15.11.10, 04:09
Thanks for the feedback guys! :)
TheDeathless, tell me, is there any REAL improvement in the dl speed? Do they upload/download to non-AJ users?
In the meanwhile I will check out the AJ mods

piratemeister
15.11.10, 08:11
Yes, they download from non aj mods. About the upload they CAN but don't do it because there is too much high community boost (the aj client have infinite score). For that non aj clients can't download from aj-mods, without use an aj mod.

is there any REAL improvement in the dl speed?
You mean using aj mod or with normal mod (ex: SBI Leecher) for download from aj ? Because with non aj mod yuo can't do nothing for download from aj mod, you should fake it and send to him you're a community client but how I and anon said before, is not possible at the moment.

anon
15.11.10, 14:54
Do they upload/download to non-AJ users?

You can choose whether to upload to non-Applejuice clients or not. That's why the anti-leech protection in just about every official mod out there hates AJ mods.

desodorante
15.11.10, 14:59
You can choose whether to upload to non-Applejuice clients or not. That's why the anti-leech protection in just about every official mod out there hates AJ mods.

Right, I saw that, I meant in a practical sense, despite of the options in the mod. Bad choice of words :P

You mean using aj mod or with normal mod (ex: SBI Leecher) for download from aj ? Because with non aj mod yuo can't do nothing for download from aj mod, you should fake it and send to him you're a community client but how I and anon said before, is not possible at the moment.

I mean if using an AJ mod will boost my download speed, and how much. I don't know what number of users they have, what files they share the most, if they leech or try to upload, etc etc etc

anon
15.11.10, 15:40
I mean if using an AJ mod will boost my download speed, and how much. I don't know what number of users they have, what files they share the most, if they leech or try to upload, etc etc etc

There's a button at the bottom of the Search panel to check what files are most popular in the network right now.

If I remember correctly, you can't turn off or decrease traffic to AJ community clients. The network is supposed to be quite fast, specially once you become a "reputed" user on it, as most people will upload a lot to gain "Applejuice credits", and then skip other's queues (at a certain credit cost). You can click here (http://www.applejuice-community.eu/features_eng.htm) for some extra info about this.

The idea is more or less the same as with any community mod out there, gathering as many users as possible to speed things up and enjoy more features on their "sub-eD2K network".

piratemeister
15.11.10, 16:16
If you use aj, your eMule will be very very fast for popular files, but slow for very very rare. Usually the community share for the credit system. The credit system work like anon said, more high is the factor, more credit you will use, but you will go fastest. Is like a boost but it cost. Recommended is 2x or for files wich a lot of community clients (ex: 80, 100, 120...) you can set 1x.

desodorante
15.11.10, 17:47
Thanks for the feedback guys! :)
I think AJ is not going to help me.
I've seen a number of other mods that mention a "community" but these must be very dedicated, low profile, with a reduced number of members.
I guess I will have to wait until BT is ditched and emule gets its userbase back :P
Anyway, I am running out of stuff that I want to download (Not kidding, I am) so maybe less than 100kb/s is not that bad after all :(

Renk
17.11.10, 17:08
Not really, the community traffic is encrypted, and I think so are AJ mods' executable files.

How could an executable be encrypted?? More precisely, one can for sure encrypt a .exe, but in order to start it, don't you have to use the decryption key ???

IMHO I sincerly don't know how is possible do that.

I agree concerning what you say relative to the second part of anon's sentence. And the traffic between AJ mod and a non AJ mod is certainly non encrypted, because non AJ don't support it.

But why couldn't be possible that the traffic between 2 AJ is encrypted ? I don't find what could prevent an encrypted session to be started, after they are each other recognized as members of AJ community.

system28
17.11.10, 18:32
[QUOTE=Renk;239451]How could an executable be encrypted?? More precisely, one can for sure encrypt a .exe, but in order to start it, don't you have to use the decryption key ???

Armadillo do this for example. exeguarder also.

desodorante
17.11.10, 18:37
How could an executable be encrypted?? More precisely, one can for sure encrypt a .exe, but in order to start it, don't you have to use the decryption key ???

Some packers allow to encrypt executables to prevent people from decompiling their software. This is very common among closed source applications, like with AJ.

All and all I see no practical use to AJ, unless you have friends in the community or at least have the same preferences in movies, music, etc.

anon
17.11.10, 19:06

It's as said above, they're using some sort of EXE protector. That's what I meant with encrypting the executable.

But why couldn't be possible that the traffic between 2 AJ is encrypted ?

It is, as far as my knowledge goes.

piratemeister
17.11.10, 19:31
Encrypted or not, I know every mod use a different system to know other aj and what aj is. ex: Fireball use 1 identification, applejuice another, and razorback another one.

And I'm sure the system wich aj use to see other aj sometime don't work, for example when in past I was using aj, 1 my friend was using aj. He requested to me a file but he wasn't an aj. But I'm sure it was using aj !!!
Tried also to restart the mods but nothing... for that I'm sure the system sometime don't work.