PDA

View Full Version : what.cd log IPs?

hessler
08.11.10, 15:58
hello friends,
i am trading a my account for a what.cd account but i am worried that the user i am trading with signed up from canada and from now on i will be logging on with my indian IP so do i have any chances of getting disabled?

Gapo
08.11.10, 16:39
If he signed up with a Canadian IP and you log in from an Indian IP, the account's gone.
There are other things you can do, such as using proxies, etc. But that may be a real hassle for you. You'll always have to worry on numerous of factors, like stability, finding good proxies, etc.

And yes, What.CD logs IPs. They're like the worst guys when it comes to logging stuff. In other words, they log everything they can on a daily basis.

anon
08.11.10, 18:10
hessler, you'd have known the answer to your question if you had searched a little.

And yes, What.CD logs IPs. They're like the worst guys when it comes to logging stuff. In other words, they log everything they can on a daily basis.

True. :wfrown:

caballero
08.11.10, 21:13
There are many ways to trade your account safely. They are all related to social engineering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_engineering_(security)). Some nice words, fast replies and you're done.

1- Trade the account and if you get banned (you might* get banned) go to their irc and ask for it. Yes, ask for the account back!. Say I'm in holiday and I opened my account here (that's one suggestion of many others). However, you must have all the information regarding the account and the previous holder ready (who invited you, where in Canada do you live! etc..). Any delay in answering any of the questions will result in a permanent ban.

2- **If they have a help channel (I can't remember + not bothered to search now :P), ask the account holder to go to their irc before trading and pretend to be looking for help. He should tell them he is going on holiday and he's scared his account will be banned when he logs from another country. They will probably do somethings

*I went on holiday and I opened my what.cd account there and downloaded normally with no problem whatsoever. I didn't do any of the steps above, that's why I said might. You have to use common sense though, surely you didn't use a portkey (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Portkey),floo powder (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Floo_powder) or an SR-71 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird) to travel from Canada to India. So keep the account closed for 2 weeks or so (I opened after 3 weeks), then open it in India and your chances of not being banned are high.

**That's what bcg use, you have to inform them first then they will put a note in the system to allow you to log in any place without getting banned.

Finally, after all this, what.man et al will be waiting eagerly for your friend to join irc or they will be watching for a change from a Canadian IP to an Indian one. So this will delay your process.

Regards
caballero

anon
08.11.10, 21:14
2- **If they have a help channel (I can't remember + not bothered to search now :P)

irc.what-network.net
#what.cd-help for "overall" help
#what.cd-disabled for help with disabled accounts or privileges

It's permastored in my memory!

Blocker
09.11.10, 02:53
Sure your account will get disabled

They log IP's

Mine is logged :rolling_eyes:

caballero's advise is good!

Resurrection
09.11.10, 04:07
What account are you trading away,what cd fan?

pimphead07
09.11.10, 04:24
The worst part is, that you will be logging in from India.. which is a banned country on what.cd. I am not too sure if what.cd admins will be listening to any pleads if the account gets banned. Because banned countries were banned because of numerous cases of cheating/trading. So they will definitely be very suspicious.

Resurrection
09.11.10, 04:28
The worst part is, that you will be logging in from India.. which is a banned country on what.cd. I am not too sure if what.cd admins will be listening to any pleads if the account gets banned

what.cd does NOT ban Indian IPs for its members through invites.It only bans India for interview...

pimphead07
09.11.10, 05:12
what.cd does NOT ban Indian IPs for its members through invites.It only bans India for interview...

true.. but in such a case where there is a suspicion of trading, they will certainly be more cautious

hessler
09.11.10, 15:08
true.. but in such a case where there is a suspicion of trading, they will certainly be more cautious

and so will i be but it can go anywhere lets see what happens

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

What account are you trading away,what cd fan?

will this information be necessary for the staff if i get banned and go to talk to them at IRC, :lol: just kidding
i am trading it with HDchina

pimphead07
09.11.10, 15:40
The real problem will come when, and I am assuming you would, change your email address on what.cd. Because if I am an Admin, I will see country change, i'll be like ' hmm okay'.. but if you change your email as well, that will pretty much be a clear cut indication of trading. All I can say is, All the best mate.. May the force be with you :P

Gapo
09.11.10, 16:18
The real problem will come when, and I am assuming you would, change your email address on what.cd. Because if I am an Admin, I will see country change, i'll be like ' hmm okay'.. but if you change your email as well, that will pretty much be a clear cut indication of trading. All I can say is, All the best mate.. May the force be with you :P

No it is not. If they did that to everybody who changed their country IP and e-mail, they'd be banning a lot of innocent users as well. Though, I'm pretty sure they've disabled a lot of innocent users too. After all, it's What.CD - We don't give a .... We're right. Period.

Resurrection
09.11.10, 16:51
There is really no plausible excuse for logging in from a foreign country AND changing email and pass at the same time...

ABSOLUTELY NONE...

I'm pretty sure they've disabled a lot of innocent users too..

I remember reading here once that anon said he was banned from that tracker coz his username there was also anon.Later some completely different user whose name was anon on that tracker was also banned even though there was no apparent connection...

Gapo
09.11.10, 16:55
There is really no plausible excuse for logging in from a foreign country AND changing email and pass at the same time...

ABSOLUTELY NONE...

There are always plausible reasons.

Let's say I remember my What.CD account credentials, but I forgot my e-mail password.
I'm now in a foreign country and because I forgot my e-mail password, I change my e-mail.

I'd say that's a pretty plausible situation.

Plus, we didn't say anything about changing your What.CD PW. But again, my excuse can be as simple as: I've typed my password on a public computer of mine back in country X. I fear my account is in danger if I don't change my PW ASAP.

All taken into account; you shouldn't change your What.CD credentials (such as e-mail and PW) and your IP in one go. Do all of it on separate occasions.

Resurrection
09.11.10, 17:07
I've seen people banned for flimsier reasons than this...I really don't think they'll listen to any of this...

I'd say good bye to that account that's what I'd say...

Just get an invite,hessler and live a happy life...

Gapo
09.11.10, 17:15
Plausible situations and listening are two different things :gsmile:

As always, when it's What.CD, we're not talking about reasonable people [if that's what they are :gtongue:]. We're talking paranoid people sitting in a channel denying most innocent users or cheaters a chance.

anon
09.11.10, 17:45
I remember reading here once that anon said he was banned from that tracker coz his username there was also anon.

I don't use the same nickname as here on any tracker. Not even a remotely similar one.

hessler
09.11.10, 18:27
I've seen people banned for flimsier reasons than this...I really don't think they'll listen to any of this...

I'd say good bye to that account that's what I'd say...

Just get an invite,hessler and live a happy life...

firstly what.cd aint part of my happy life, i am not even sure will i get to see any music from the genre i listen to, i thought i wud see a lot of content on waffles but when i got in there were around 8,10 albums which i already had.secondly almost all the members of what except for few somehow believe its the end of the world and they wont be resurrected if they were not a member of it, in any given situation i am not goin to beg for the invite for what.cd

Resurrection
10.11.10, 04:22
Meh...Musta misread it....

secondly almost all the members of what except for few somehow believe its the end of the world and they wont be resurrected if they were not a member of it, in any given situation i am not goin to beg for the invite for what.cd

Where do you come up with these quotes?I saw your little gems on FST too...

Classic....

Instab
10.11.10, 04:51
secondly almost all the members of what except for few somehow believe its the end of the world and they wont be resurrected if they were not a member of it, in any given situation i am not goin to beg for the invite for what.cd

:lol:
sometimes on some trackers members seem to adjust to the staff's attitude which is a bad thing in case of what.cd :P

LegitCheater
10.11.10, 19:37
They do log IPs. And that log apparently goes years back, fuuuuu. :D

Nothing like getting caught not because you tried cheating in the recent months....but because you had an account years ago.

Their log is probably in the GB now.

anon
10.11.10, 19:45
Nothing like getting caught not because you tried cheating in the recent months....but because you had an account years ago.

Is it not within your possibilities to change your IP? :unsure:

My first account there is over 2 years old, and after it got banned I've managed to put my hands on increasingly more dupes over time. They're all still enabled...

LegitCheater
11.11.10, 06:46
Is it not within your possibilities to change your IP? :unsure:

My first account there is over 2 years old, and after it got banned I've managed to put my hands on increasingly more dupes over time. They're all still enabled...I have a dynamic ip address, but apparently have been swimming around the same ip pool, or what ever they call it. As in, when the ip changes it only does so to the last few digits, still keeping the ip address somewhat the "same", I guess. For example, it's been a couple of months and the ip address looks almost identical, with probably just the last digits changed or something.

I have not looked into it much though but I do specifically remember they calling on me for an account I had years ago, like my first one ever, though at that time I did not ask if they saw anything afterwards until the ban, which were quite a number I just never bothered them about it. Not sure if I am getting this "dynamic ip" benefit compared to the static ip people usually complain about, if I still somehow managed to get caught. Last time I checked apparently the bans just started piling on, connections after connections, there is probably a huge file on me by now. First question is always straight to the point, "Do you know how many accounts you have here?" haha

anon
11.11.10, 14:49
I have a dynamic ip address, but apparently have been swimming around the same ip pool, or what ever they call it. As in, when the ip changes it only does so to the last few digits, still keeping the ip address somewhat the "same", I guess. For example, it's been a couple of months and the ip address looks almost identical, with probably just the last digits changed or something.

It's the same for most of us. The first two numbers of your IP determine your geographical location, ISP and customer plan, and don't usually change unless you switch to a different provider or connection speed.

Not sure if I am getting this "dynamic ip" benefit compared to the static ip people usually complain about

Even a "sticky" dynamic IP is much better than a static one. You can imagine that if someone with a static address is banned from a tracker, they have to resort to proxies and the like.

hessler
13.11.10, 15:44
ok i have got the account the login and the password also the email associated with the account and its password but i havent received any details regarding from where the account was created, when was it accessed last time also i check the email account there is no email except for welcome email and i didnt see any invite email either
shud i respond with my hdchina acc details or do i need to wait?

anon
13.11.10, 16:30
Wait until you have the original country's name. You don't want the What account to be disabled, right?

Resurrection
13.11.10, 16:37
o
shud i respond with my hdchina acc details

Yes ofcourse...You got what you wanted right?

What more information do you need that you are withholding HDChina's from him?

anon
13.11.10, 16:38
What more information do you need that you are withholding HDChina's from him?

but i havent received any details regarding from where the account was created, when was it accessed last time

:unsure:

Resurrection
13.11.10, 16:50
In the first post you wrote

the user i am trading with signed up from canada

Is this some other guy now?

hessler
14.11.10, 15:13
thats where he belongs so i assumed that he signed up from canada but i need to be sure and the last time he accessed his acc this is very imp part since i have to wait some 15 days before i first login u see i cant travel from canada to india in the matter of hours