PDA

View Full Version : How to POSSIBLY signup to closed trackers through a cached signup page.

olabird
01.11.10, 00:14
First off, this will not work on all trackers.
But in some cases, Google happens to crawl the signup page of a tracker at the moment it had open signups. In that case a copy of the page will be stored in Google. We can use this to our advantage.

Procedure:
just go to google.com and type in cache:[signup url] and you will be taken to the signup page. If it has had opened to signups recently, then there are very good chances that you will see a signup form.

Case study:
At the point of writing this, unleashthe.net has closed signups (signup page: unleashthe.net/signup.php).:icon_angry[1]:
If you type "cache:unleashthe.net/signup.php" in Google's search bar you are taken to a cache version of the signup page.:biggrin::top:

Last thoughts:
Maybe if we find enough torrent trackers to which we can signup with this process, then maybe we should have a separate thread listing those.:wink2:

seldom
01.11.10, 01:05
Case study:
At the point of writing this, unleashthe.net has closed signups (signup page: unleashthe.net/signup.php).:icon_angry[1]:
If you type "cache:unleashthe.net/signup.php" in Google's search bar you are taken to a cache version of the signup page.:biggrin::top:

Interesting... "cache:unleashthe.net/signup.php" did take me to a cache of signup page. However, the signup was not accepted((
Was that just me?

Uninvited2611
01.11.10, 03:32
Interesting... "cache:unleashthe.net/signup.php" did take me to a cache of signup page. However, the signup was not accepted((
Was that just me?

they removed the signup page

The requested URL /takesignup.php was not found on this server.

Resurrection
01.11.10, 04:00
Its like finding the winning numbers of the lottery after the sweepstakes have ended...

Thanks for the info though

What more sites have you tried it with?

anon
01.11.10, 12:04
Case study:

But if was actually open for signups, you could access the registration page normally in the first place. This will only save you five seconds of loading signup.php "live" with trackers that open for just as much time, that's all. There's a method involving more or less the same, excepting the caching part:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=3985

By the way, post in the right section. This is for German FAQs and tutorials.

Pickle
01.11.10, 13:42
Since they redirect second page other than signup.php, your chance is really low.

caballero
01.11.10, 15:03
Title should be changed or else SB-I server will be down soon :)

anon
01.11.10, 18:47
Title should be changed or else SB-I server will be down soon :)

Not working on FTN and Exigo. :wfrown:

olabird
02.11.10, 00:15
Was that just me?
That is because they removed the signup processing page (takesignup.php) as mentioned by uninvited2611. If that happens you are plain out of luck. This method works on those trackers which have removed the signup page(or made it unavailable)

But if was actually open for signups, you could access the registration page normally in the first place.
If you missed the signup when it was open, then this method works.

Since they redirect second page other than signup.php, your chance is really low.
Right.

anon
02.11.10, 00:16
If you missed the signup when it was open, then this method works.

Even if they hadn't deleted takesignup.php, I'd have been given something like this:

The current user account limit (x) has been reached. Inactive accounts are pruned all the time, please check back again later...

It should be more or less the same with other trackers. Even if you have a cached copy of the signup page, I think an extra check is done when receiving the HTTP POST values (just checked the TBdev 2009 sources and couldn't find conclusive evidence of that, though).

Were you successful in trying this method on any closed trackers?

olabird
05.11.10, 00:55
Were you successful in trying this method on any closed trackers?

just one, the one I listed at the beginning. But I thought that since it worked for one tracker, it might as well work for other similar trackers(sometimes). No harm in having another way of trying to signup..:biggrin:

anon
05.11.10, 11:42
No harm in having another way of trying to signup..:biggrin:

Sure, it doesn't hurt to know :gsmile:

yoman
06.11.10, 19:53
i tried at TT but it did worked.......going to try few more......

anon
06.11.10, 19:54
i tried at TT but it did worked

I really don't know what you want to say. :unsure:

Sazzy
06.11.10, 19:57
I really don't know what you want to say. :unsure:

Probably meant "didn't". I would be surprised if this worked anywhere at all.

SealLion
06.11.10, 23:44
Probably meant "didn't". I would be surprised if this worked anywhere at all.

+1
I agree.
I also would be surprised if such a thing woould work anywhere. Most Admins aren't crazy enough to forget about the takesignup.php.
You'd have to give them credence for ensuring these things, yes??

Blocker
06.11.10, 23:57
it doesn't work for most of the private trackers

I tried with iMAGINE and works like a charm

anon
06.11.10, 23:58
This thread should be closed

Let's leave that decision to the staff members. :gwink:

This may not work in most trackers, but at most, it doesn't hurt to have the info and be able to comment on it.

Resurrection
08.11.10, 06:09
it doesn't work for most of the private trackers

I tried with iMAGINE and works like a charm

You tried it 7 hours ago and it worked like a charm?
I did the same steps this guy told us and its giving me "Login failed! Username or password incorrect"

In any case they are gonna open sign ups soon innit?

PowerStar
20.11.10, 13:11
This trick is not working...I tried with iMAGINE n scc too..Maybe this trick might work on small private trackers.

anon
20.11.10, 16:31
Of course it's not going to work on SCC, their signup.php page (or should I say /signup?) doesn't even exist.

MelvinMeow
09.09.11, 21:28
This method used to work in most trackers TBH... It probably still works in more than you think it does...

As far as tbdev09 your correct anon it doesn't work
https://tbdevnet.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tbdevnet/trunk/TB/takesignup.php

Based on this line of code:

$res = mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM users") or sqlerr(__FILE__, __LINE__);
$arr = mysql_fetch_row($res);

if ($arr[0] >= $TBDEV['maxusers'])
stderr($lang['takesignup_error'], $lang['takesignup_limit']);

Sites using older source codes it would still work on though.
TBH Im rather shocked it DOESN'T work on SCC alot of stuff you think they block they don't even know about.

The Shutter
09.09.11, 23:09
easier way hack their server ;)

btw i got this error when i did try it on google
404. That’s an error.

The requested URL /search?sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=cache%3Aunleashthe.net%2Fsignup.php&btnK=Google+Search&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl= was not found on this server. That’s all we know.