PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer 9.... Its here and its awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Resurrection
19.09.10, 10:44
http://i41.tinypic.com/b8jtit.jpg

System Requirements

Internet Explorer Platform Preview requires Windows 7 (x86 or x64) or Windows Vista SP2 (x86 or x64).

For Vista users, Windows Internet Explorer 8. If you’re not already running Internet Explorer 8, download and install it.

Platform Preview Build 4 requires updates to be installed on both Windows Vista and Windows 7 systems, after which your computer will require a restart. The updates support Platform Preview graphics, media, and printing functionality. The Platform Preview is designed to install these prerequisites automatically. However, if the Platform Preview encounters an error while installing the prerequisites, you can install them manually prior to installing the Platform Preview. To do so, follow the steps on the Install Instructions page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So what that means is,if you still have XP on your PC you won't EVEN be able to download it!!!

Ofcourse you can get it from other sites like softonic but you wont be able to install it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a review from Internet Explorer 9: The Review | Zunited (http://zunited.net/2010/09/internet-explorer-9-the-review/)

I’ve always been an IE user, ever since it was 1st a part of Windows. So I can’t tell you how awesome it is to see IE mature into a modern sexy browser.

What I like

Simple and clean UI ( Very metro)

I never had a problem with IE’s interface before, but IE9′s new interface was like a breath of fresh air. The UI is so minimal in fact, that sometimes I forget I’m even using a browser. The IE’s team motto “beauty of the web” effects can be seen everwhere. Besides the tiny blue e in the adress bar, you would never even know your using a Microsoft product

Speed, Speed, Speed

You could have picked my jaw up off the floor the 1st time I booted up IE9. I’ve played around with Chrome, Firefox and Opera., But I’ve never seen a browser handle complex sites ( flash, silverlight) with such speed even on a computer as underpowered as my HP tm2.

What I don’t Like

Some odd UI choices

It took me a few minutes to find the favorites button the 1st time I looked for it and some of the option boxes are seriously outdated. Also by default there is no easy way to see you most used sites without opening a new tab.

No plan for “Out of band” updates

This is a big one for me, I like my apps updated early and often and as far as I can tell we plan to stick to the standard release timeline ( 18-24). This just doesn’t work in this day an age where other browsers are updated every week. I hope the IE team reconsiders this… as it would do wonders for IE’s mindshare and marketshare.

In closing

For being a beta, IE9 is an amazing browser.. sure it has its rough edges, but there is nothing that should keep you from enjoying it.

All you technical/code junkies can find out more from the wikipedia page

Internet Explorer 9 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_9)

Gapo
19.09.10, 11:04
It's still in its beta stages. I'd at least wait til it's stable.

yoco
19.09.10, 11:23
So you can't use this if you have XP installed?

Resurrection
19.09.10, 12:36

As I'm sure you know a software gets released in various phases...The alpha stage is the most volatile and the most unstable...The beta stage is the next best thing and quite frankly does a great job...

IE9 has insane cool new features and if you wanted to wait for it you'd miss out on a lot of innovations...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBuqkrPHNVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6nmTFTVbuE

So you can't use this if you have XP installed?

Forget about using IE9 you wont even get a download link on the official site...

Vation
19.09.10, 12:45
IE 9 beta x64 plus flash 10.2 preview x64 allow allow full featuresd x64 bit browsing - no more flash errors there!

Gapo
19.09.10, 13:47
As I'm sure you know a software gets released in various phases...The alpha stage is the most volatile and the most unstable...The beta stage is the next best thing and quite frankly does a great job

Of course it is the next best thing. It's the second phase after alpha :gwink:
That the beta release does a good job is arguable. It depends on the software, etc.

anon
19.09.10, 17:37

Microsoft has stated this "beta" is like the everlasting GMail beta everyone's using, and should be almost rock-solid.

As for me, since I'm on XP, I won't be able to try this. Not that I'm interested, but I've definitely heard a lot of IE9 - GPU rendering this, ultra-improved JavaScript engine that, etc.

Unschuldig
19.09.10, 17:56
how can microsoft do that...the most people use still windows xp and thats not supported :/ sad

anon
19.09.10, 17:57
They must think it's time to move on... XP is 9 years old, after all.

Instab
19.09.10, 17:58
how can microsoft do that...the most people use still windows xp and thats not supported :/ sad

exactly that's why they're doing it. for their taste way too many people are still using xp :P
but who cares about ie anyway ...

hellman
19.09.10, 18:00
Xp is biggest competitor of microsoft... They want people to move forward and buy their new products..

Ie9 is awesome ,i don't think so.. it was never good

Resurrection
20.09.10, 10:28
Xp is biggest competitor of microsoft...

Waaaaaaa??????

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy shit i received a negative rep for this post... What did I do?

And the dude is rubbing it in my face with "lol funny"

saebrtooth
20.09.10, 14:31
Xp is biggest competitor of microsoft... They want people to move forward and buy their new products..

Ie9 is awesome ,i don't think so.. it was never good

IE9 cant have been never good cos it hasnt even come out yet :tongue:

desodorante
20.09.10, 15:17
They must think it's time to move on... XP is 9 years old, after all.

They do, they have another product to sell, and cutting out XP means less money spent in support and patch development. And yes, XP is very very old in OS years :P (It is like dog years!) so it is not surprise that IE9 does not support XP.

The problem is that there a lot of us that do not have the money and or the interest in getting new hardware. Microsoft keeps on releasing bulky OSes that are targeted at poor-skilled users that need a computer that can do everything on its own. Analogically, a car should drive itself to where I want to go because I believe that I should not be forced to learn how to drive to be able to use a car. So let's pump up cars with a ton of equipment that can do everything from driving to playing my music because hey, all I should do is get in and say where I want to go, right?
I used a Pentium I 233Mhz PC till late 2005 with Win98 SE, and I used to surf, use MSN, play music, burn CDs, download stuff and even do my homework (I went to an art school, so I used Photoshop and Corel). It was slow and noisy but hey, it had less than 5% of the power of a mid-class current CPU and RAM, but I used to do pretty much the same things I can do today (in essence of course). I still can not believe I need 3 times as much RAM as that computer had just to run the SAME browser today.
I am not saying it was the same experience back then, but today everything became unnecessarily bulky.
So I personally say f**k IE9 and Micro$oft, let's use what we want and not what they want us to use.

Sazzy
21.09.10, 22:07
The problem is that there a lot of us that do not have the money and or the interest in getting new hardware.

I can understand you don't have the money for new things, but I find it weird you claim to not even have the interest? Why is getting better things so bad?

Microsoft keeps on releasing bulky OSes that are targeted at poor-skilled users that need a computer that can do everything on its own. Analogically, a car should drive itself to where I want to go because I believe that I should not be forced to learn how to drive to be able to use a car. So let's pump up cars with a ton of equipment that can do everything from driving to playing my music because hey, all I should do is get in and say where I want to go, right?

Not sure if you've realised it, but the biggest part of users are poor-skilled ones. It's not just MS doing this, just look at Apple and A LOT of recent linux distributions. What you call bulky, a lot of people (including myself) call useful and easy. I rather have windows have drivers for things like say an USB stick than having to download them and install them on every computer I use. I'm pretty sure self-driving cars would sell like crazy too, even though driving is fun. You yourself said to use Photoshop. In the end, it's just a bulky form of paint. If you're skilled enough, you COULD do the same in paint. I have seen some pretty amazing youtube movies from ppl drawing in paint, personally. I'm pretty sure it's safe to claim that you're happy to use photoshop and not have to develop the skill to do the exact same things in Paint that Photoshop does for you much easier and much much faster. I think that to a lot of people it's just not worth the trouble of learning complicated systems just to work with a computer. They have enough trouble as is with curent systems. Rather than adapting, they would just not use computers. Try getting your grandma to buy and learn how to use a computer for example. Try again after installing linux without GUI and just console. Then try again with superold systems where the console was 10 times more complicated to use :P It's not up to anyone, imho, to deny poor skilled people to use systems that could be made simpler but require newer systems.

If by bulky you mean something else than above, like slow or demanding on your system, that was mainly vista which isn't the rule but the exception. Windows 7 is far less demanding yet can do more than vista. I personally find it somewhat the same as XP with a lot of added features and I'm grateful for each one ^^ Everyone at work is still using laptops with XP (unless the newest ones because the older ones broke down). Some of us has had a RAM upgrade for rendering some 3D things and installed the 64 bit version of windows 7 to be able to use it (were using 32bit XP before). All that happened was pushing a cheap bar of ram in that laptop and installing a new os, unlike a 9 year old one, and these laptops run just as good as the XP ones.

I used a Pentium I 233Mhz PC till late 2005 with Win98 SE, and I used to surf, use MSN, play music, burn CDs, download stuff and even do my homework (I went to an art school, so I used Photoshop and Corel). It was slow and noisy but hey, it had less than 5% of the power of a mid-class current CPU and RAM, but I used to do pretty much the same things I can do today (in essence of course). I still can not believe I need 3 times as much RAM as that computer had just to run the SAME browser today.

The browser isn't exactly the same. Better things just need better hardware. How terrible would it be if we all had to use netscape again :/ It's normal evolution and I for one am happy there is evolution. If not, we'd still be stuck with pc's that filled a whole room and could do not much more than simple calculations.

Don't forget that the hardware prices keep dropping too. I'm pretty sure it cost you more to buy that RAM compared to what you would pay for buying 3 times that amount now. We had bought several pc's over the years when I still lived at home and they all costed more or less the same and every time they had everything they needed. And you can easily use them for over 6 years before you even start noticing they are getting slow (unless you install vista, har har har. Yes it was a very slow OS, oh well) :P And even then, you could still easily use them without having to get anything new. An upgrade would only be needed if you wanted to do the newest of the newest things.

I am not saying it was the same experience back then, but today everything became unnecessarily bulky.
So I personally say f**k IE9 and Micro$oft, let's use what we want and not what they want us to use.

They are letting you chose, y'know... They're not forcing you to install IE9 nor get a new computer or OS. Google Chrome doesn't run on older OS X versions either, for instance. My dad has an Imac G5, which in the end runs everything fine but you can't install Google Chrome on it.

However, you just can't expect MS to keep maintaining XP for that long. It's amazing that they still are to be honest and we can only be grateful for these free updates. I rather see them spend time on making W7 even better than fixing things in XP while it's obsolete as is. It's about time they let it die. W7 is out and just as decent if not better. I don't buy pants I bought 15 years ago either, nor do I still wear said pants nor do I expect the manufacturer to fix it if it wears out.

slikrapid
22.09.10, 01:35
Microsoft keeps on releasing bulky OSes that are targeted at poor-skilled users that need a computer that can do everything on its own. Analogically, a car should drive itself to where I want to go because I believe that I should not be forced to learn how to drive

every OS should aspire to user friendliness without needlessly complicating the usage or imposing detailed knowledge as a requirement for superficial usage
btw. neither the car nor the computer operates/drives itself :P

but I find it weird you claim to not even have the interest? Why is getting better things so bad?

some people don't have the interest to follow the externally stimulated/dictated consumerism in the name of some hyped progress
also, new things (or successors) are not necessarily better than old ones, especially if comparing only certain qualities of interest

And you can easily use them for over 6 years before you even start noticing they are getting slow

actually, among others, it suffices to launch a few apps too many or a bulky one or a non-optimized one and you'll quickly notice how slow they become, regardless of their age
as for the durability, the manufacturers have some different numbers in mind, a lot lower ones i'm afraid

and we can only be grateful for these

gratefulness towards (greedy) corporations? might be a bit of a stretch to suggest that :P

Snitlev
22.09.10, 10:29
Screenshots and Downloads englisch and german

15 Screens: Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 - WinFuture.de (http://winfuture.de/screenshots/Internet-Explorer-9-Beta-1-5316-1.html)

Download 1

Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 (Windows 7, 32 Bit) german

Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 (Windows 7, 32 Bit) - WinFuture.de (http://winfuture.de/downloadvorschalt,2605.html)

Download 2

Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 (Windows 7, 64 Bit) german

Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 (Windows 7, 64 Bit) - WinFuture.de (http://winfuture.de/downloadvorschalt,2604.html)

Download 3

Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 (Windows Vista, 32 Bit) german

Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 (Windows Vista, 32 Bit) - WinFuture.de (http://winfuture.de/downloadvorschalt,2603.html)

Download 4

Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 (Windows Vista, 64 Bit) englisch

Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 (Windows Vista, 64 Bit) - WinFuture.de (http://winfuture.de/downloadvorschalt,2602.html)

Quelle: Internet Explorer 9 Beta 1 - Alle Infos & Download - WinFuture.de (http://winfuture.de/news,58119.html)

so sollte für jeden eine Downloadversion dabei sein ;-)

regards