PDA

View Full Version : [Other P2P] DC++ STEALTH v0.668 Beta5

Blaine123
07.09.10, 20:52
Hey all

As my first post on this board, I would like to know how the general interest is for this special mod. I can absolutely guarantee that this version is no longer available anywhere on the net. Originally it was only available to donators of a certain board, and through there I got a hold of this. I have never previously shared it, but I think this might be the community to do it. Given the rarity of this mod I'm not gonna up it just now; not before I know if there is any interest in it.

Needless to say this is the last released stable stealth mod of DC++, and as you can see in the title it's a stealth mod of DC++ v0.668 Beta5, and therefore newer than the one you can already find on this board, namely DC++ stealth 0.56

If you don't trust me on the rarity, go right ahead and see if you can find it through google.

Look forward to responds

Cheers
Blaine123

Rebound
07.09.10, 21:51
Approved and moved the topic to the right place. :)

C3PO
07.09.10, 22:34
Nice. I'm waiting fo it. A big fan of DC++

yoco
07.09.10, 22:39
Don't know if we're talking about the same mod, but I have a version DC++ Stealthy RC50.0 for a few years now and it's probably the best mod for DC++
:D

Blaine123
07.09.10, 22:42
Not the same mod. DC++ Stealth is discontinued as a project, with the latest release being 0.668 Beta5.
The stealthy mods are different ones. If you haven't tried this one you haven't tried anything :)

yoco
07.09.10, 22:44
So you're saying yours is better?

Blaine123
07.09.10, 22:59
Not saying which one is better, I can only comment on my own as I have not used time enough on stealthy clients.
You can take a look at the one already upped in an other thread, called 0.56. The difference between that one and the one I have is that it among other improvements allow segmented downloads. I know this is no longer a new thing, but it was innovating back then; mind you this client is about 4 years old now.
Aside from being nothing short of one hell of a leecher mod, it also bares with it extreme rarity, seeing as I probably have one of the only ones remaining.

Regarding features, this supports everything needed to leech away; easy fake-sharing allowing you to enter the toughest hubs and segmented downloads.

If the features alone isn't enough for advanced leechers, the extreme rarity ought to be

Blaine123

saebrtooth
08.09.10, 04:39
Hey all

As my first post on this board, I would like to know how the general interest is for this special mod. I can absolutely guarantee that this version is no longer available anywhere on the net. Originally it was only available to donators of a certain board, and through there I got a hold of this. I have never previously shared it, but I think this might be the community to do it. Given the rarity of this mod I'm not gonna up it just now; not before I know if there is any interest in it.

Needless to say this is the last released stable stealth mod of DC++, and as you can see in the title it's a stealth mod of DC++ v0.668 Beta5, and therefore newer than the one you can already find on this board, namely DC++ stealth 0.56

If you don't trust me on the rarity, go right ahead and see if you can find it through google.

Look forward to responds

Cheers
Blaine123

gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime gime
We love mods

enjoy your stay here and have fun with the community :lol:

notime
08.09.10, 13:18
I think here are plenty of people who would love to use this mod including me ;)

yoco
08.09.10, 15:46
Blaine123, about fake-sharing, is this option included in this mod?

Blaine123
08.09.10, 16:46
Yes the option is included. It's very simple, you simply type in, in bytes, how much you would like to fake-share. Very simple
I will share this, I am not sure I will share it in the open though, seeing it is as rare as it is, but I might.
There might not even be such a big interest for this mod...

Blaine123

desodorante
08.09.10, 16:48
Welcome to the forum Blaine123!
I for myself have always loved DC++, but unfortunately it became exponentially difficult to find a decent, stable and fast hub.
I used it a lot when I first started in P2P and tried several "comebacks" but I never got what the deal is with hubs this day.
That said, if we all start helping each other finding decent hubs and even sharing to one another, I will definitely try this mod.
To me, DC++ is like a superhot but crazy ex-girlfriend that calls me every now and then so we can both cheat on the love of my life, eMule :P

Blaine123
08.09.10, 18:26
Hey desodorante, I know what you mean. DC used to be a great community, but has unfortunately dried out. There are still few decent hubs left though.
Regarding Emule, I used to use Edonkey back in the day, and that was the greatest. Maybe not speed wise, but definitely, file wise. If you couldn't find it on Edonkey you couldn't find it anywhere. The power of Edonkey was of course Overnet, which unfortunately is no more. Emule does alright though along with the built in Kadamelia. With Emule, though, I have always had an issue with low ID, never seeming to forward a port properly, but since I started using VPN I have to say it's amazing. To anyone out there having issues with Low ID; running it through a VPN connection should do the trick.
When I use Emule now, I use the SBI Leecher mod that is on here, along with the VPN line, and I make sure I dont share anything, not even what I'm downloading. This way I don't think you can get any more secure :) The only person who is able to "see" me, is the person I am downloading from, and he can't really be one of the "bad" guys, seeing that he would have to share an illegal file as well, for it to be illegal for me. So I basically see this as bulletproof, anyone have any comments on this, or how they use Emule?

Blaine123

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

yoco, I've read your PM, but I am not able to pm back when I have below 10 posts apparently. PM your email or something and I'll write you my answer

Blaine123

slikrapid
08.09.10, 18:27
well, thats real fine and all, but how about to stop beating around the bush and state your demands/expectations for sharing this mod, are you asking for some special status in order to share it here or what? if so, try to work out something with our moderators

as for emule related stuff, there are plenty of available threads for that

Blaine123
08.09.10, 19:21
I am not beating around any bush. I think it is naturally fine to be hesitant about releasing, one of the only existing versions of this mod, to the public. People who are interested can state it here, and we can work something out in private.
Regarding membership status, that would sure be nice. I would like to be able to access every thread on here, but as you said, that should be worked out with an admin or moderator.

As for Emule, I simply responded to desodorante

Blaine123

anon
08.09.10, 20:03
The only person who is able to "see" me, is the person I am downloading from, and he can't really be one of the "bad" guys, seeing that he would have to share an illegal file as well, for it to be illegal for me.

The "bad guys" have permission from the copyright holders to upload their stuff as necessary. No form of P2P is bulletproof.

You can read about the Member title here:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16868

yoco
10.09.10, 16:24
Blaine123, you haven't replied to my email in 2 days now. So wtf? Are you just full of $hit??? (pardon my language)

anon
10.09.10, 16:30
So wtf? Are you just full of $hit???

That's a bit of an overstatement, isn't it? Not everyone has enough time for posting on forums every day.

yoco
10.09.10, 16:32
We were talking throu email, and he replied my first messages quickly but when I sent him a last one I had no reply at all!

anon
10.09.10, 16:33
Then replace "posting on forums" by "replying to mail". I check my e-mail once a week myself :gtongue:

Gapo
10.09.10, 16:34
Still, you can't know what the person is doing or why they may not have replied back yet. Patience is the key here ;)

yoco
10.09.10, 16:37
You're completly right. So I'm gonna wait a few more days, and maybe then say what was this really about!

desodorante
15.09.10, 14:40
Hey what happened here? Is there a plan to release the mod or not? I am not trying to push anyone, I just want to know.
I still believe that we could help each other find decent hubs, DC has a large set of rare files that we should take advantage of (as in download them, most of you know I am an anti-leecher)

slikrapid
15.09.10, 15:28
so far it seems people are exercising patience, waiting for blaine to magically re-appear bearing gifts ;)

I still believe that we could help each other find decent hubs, DC has a large set of rare files that we should take advantage of

afaik there is no thread here about dc hubs yet, if you have some good info on decent hubs you might create a new thread for that purpose (or use the members area to keep it under the radar)

yoco
15.09.10, 15:36
I guess since almost a week passed since my last post I should tell you why I was so upset. The same day Blaine123 post this thread I emailed him, asking if he could share this mod, and his answer was that he would if I had anything worth trading, like some private trackers invite. So I told him I have nothing worth and asked him again if he would still share the mod, I got no answer at all!

anon
15.09.10, 19:21
afaik there is no thread here about dc hubs yet, if you have some good info on decent hubs you might create a new thread for that purpose (or use the members area to keep it under the radar)

Both are fine, you can start the thread in the Non-BT/P2P Talk area if you want it to be publicly visible.

desodorante
15.09.10, 22:17
so far it seems people are exercising patience, waiting for blaine to magically re-appear bearing gifts ;)

The last time I actively used DC++ was in mid 2006...I tried a few mods after that (circa 2008) but all I got was crazy hub redirections and mindless requirements like "add [XX] to your nick", "you have [XX] as part of your nick and it is not allowed", "username too short", "username too long" etc etc etc.
Unfortunately I feel like a 60 year old in the hubs, I can't start such thread....I am not.....DChosen one++!!

saebrtooth
16.09.10, 03:59
ed2k/bt FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like Blaine123 is not really serious about his proposal

yoco
16.09.10, 15:21
Indeed, does look that way!

Master Razor
16.09.10, 19:24
The last time I actively used DC++ was in mid 2006...I tried a few mods after that (circa 2008) but all I got was crazy hub redirections and mindless requirements like "add [XX] to your nick", "you have [XX] as part of your nick and it is not allowed", "username too short", "username too long" etc etc etc.
Unfortunately I feel like a 60 year old in the hubs, I can't start such thread....I am not.....DChosen one++!!
All true. They have idiot policies, redirections, ads.. And mostly all you hear in the chat is messages comming from 8 year-olds but the content is the real deal here. I was able to find some rare tv-shows back in the day.
A lot of people from my country still use dc++ due to it's simpleness (it is a no-brainer). And sometimes internal releases (music, movies, games etc) are found faster there than torrent because they go out and by the real stuf and just shares them. But it's going to be dead soo due to all those people that share program files or windows folders plus all of those how put upload limiters on low rates so that you can never download at your full speed.
Speaking on topic: I don't think that Blaine has this version.

desodorante
16.09.10, 20:57
All true. They have idiot policies, redirections, ads.. And mostly all you hear in the chat is messages comming from 8 year-olds but the content is the real deal here. I was able to find some rare tv-shows back in the day.
A lot of people from my country still use dc++ due to it's simpleness (it is a no-brainer). And sometimes internal releases (music, movies, games etc) are found faster there than torrent because they go out and by the real stuf and just shares them. But it's going to be dead soo due to all those people that share program files or windows folders plus all of those how put upload limiters on low rates so that you can never download at your full speed.
Speaking on topic: I don't think that Blaine has this version.

Yeah he was full of BS...he probably downloaded it from Goatse.cx...
What was funny is that he said he had "one of the only existing versions" of the mod, like it was an endangered species, or like the author was such a 1337 h4x0r that the file can not be copy-pasted! XD
Anyway, I would really like to get this DC++ thing kicked off, but we need a current DC++ user that can lead us in the right direction :)

Perplexer
11.10.10, 13:58
hi, where can is get DC++ STEALTH v0.668 Beta5 or DC++ Stealthy RC50.0

anon
11.10.10, 17:52
hi, where can is get DC++ STEALTH v0.668 Beta5 or DC++ Stealthy RC50.0

I recommend you read this thread first. You can try Google, afterwards. It's much better that posting a bogus reply and hoping for the best.

Perplexer
16.10.10, 20:10
no positiv found in google :-(

firefly888
09.01.11, 15:41
It will be a big share to us here, I googling anywhere can't find that client, anyway when will you released this client ? Im sure we all waiting =)

anon
09.01.11, 18:00
I like how the thread starter keeps on visiting regularly but doesn't reply to this thread. I'll send him a PM.

yoco
09.01.11, 22:58
Really? He actually visits this thread? LOL :D

anon
10.01.11, 00:00
Really? He actually visits this thread?

Nope, the forum. You can check that on his profile. I can't see if he's reading this thread as we don't log that.

yoco
10.01.11, 10:30
Oh, I misread your previous post!

Renk
15.01.11, 23:04
I rarely used DC, and I don't like it very much because the hub are too elitist. Furthurmore, I used it even more rarely since I learned that the police targeted the network..

I think curretly the safer network are imo Stealthnet (http://www.mediafire.com/?8wh21c59995e33u), Oneswarm (http://oneswarm.cs.washington.edu/), Calypso (http://calypso.sourceforge.net)
StealthVM (https://stealthvm.wordpress.com)

anon
16.01.11, 02:53
Furthurmore, I used it even more rarely since I learned that the police targeted the network..

The "police" targeted eMule, also. :wtongue:

Anonymous networks are cool, but unfortunately they tend to suck when compared to the, well, more mainstream ones.

Renk
16.01.11, 09:09
The "police" targeted eMule, also. :wtongue:

I agree, but I have the impressionn that the most P2P user that have been arrested are DC++ user. More precisely, the ratio (Arrested DC++ user)/'(DC++ Users) seems to be bigger than homologs ratio concerning torrent or emule (and I don't speak about cool emule mods with smart leechers and protections features, used through panamean/HK vpn)

Anonymous networks are cool, but unfortunately they tend to suck when compared to the, well, more mainstream ones.

OK, but try Oneswarm.... I think its ratio anonimity/bandwith is the best for the moment.

Anyway, If you want, you can use it in "non anoymous mode", juste as vuze.

mmmmm
18.01.11, 21:06
@ Renk

Does any one of those can hide my bandwidth calculating by ISP? or any thing else except paid proxies?

anon
18.01.11, 21:07
Does any one of those can hide my bandwidth calculating by ISP?

Not even paid proxies can do that. :wdabs:

mmmmm
18.01.11, 21:30
Not even paid proxies can do that. :wdabs:

No , i found one can do but if they pay-pass my traffic from ISP they limit it from their servers :biggrin: , i can't remember which one as i searched much and tested too much may be its luki (don't remember even if i write it right or not) .

:top:

quertiy
10.10.12, 16:22
No , i found one can do but if they pay-pass my traffic from ISP they limit it from their servers :biggrin: , i can't remember which one as i searched much and tested too much may be its luki (don't remember even if i write it right or not) .

:top:
Is this really possible? Did you remember which one was it?

JohnSmith
06.07.14, 23:00
good thread - i'm interested.

anon
07.07.14, 00:42
This was a nice troll thread, I give it 8/10.

Cheat248
19.10.14, 14:47
Did he even released ? Ever in here ?

Blaine123
03.12.14, 19:20
It's not a troll thread, I actually do have the program

Master Razor
03.12.14, 20:11
You sure do like to revive dead threads man.
Pray tell, if you have it why won't you post it here?

yoco
03.12.14, 22:53
After all this time you actually came back and reply??!! :D

anon
04.12.14, 03:39

Thanks for proving my point :happy: