Distributor(s) Sega (retail)
Steam (online)
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, PlayStation Portable, iOS
Release date(s) 29 October 2010
Genre(s) Sports, Simulation
Mode(s) Single-player, Multiplayer
Rating(s) PEGI: 3
Media Download, DVD

LONDON (August 11th, 2010) – Sports Interactive & SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced that Football Manager™ 2011 for PC and Apple Macintosh, and Football Manager Handheld™ 2011 for Sony PlayStation® Portable will be released before Christmas 2010. FM2011 will feature more new features than ever before, including real-time contract negotiation, a revamped training system and a number of match engine improvements, Football Manager 2011 will once again raise the bar for football management games.

Football Manager 2011 is the latest iteration of the award-winning Football Manager series. Selling in excess of 6 Million copies worldwide, Football Manager has been topping the UK PC charts for the last five years.

Football Manager 2011 will be more polished than ever this year, and Sports Interactive will again set a new standard for the genre by adding a host of new features. For the first time ever, aspiring managers can now negotiate contracts with players in real time. And by working with a multitude of real-life football agents, Sports Interactive gained an insight as to how these negotiations can be made as realistic as possible in-game. Prepare to meet different types of agents in your contract talks; each with their own personality so will therefore need a different approach.

“At Sports Interactive, we always strive to give the end-user the best experience possible,” said Miles Jacobson, Studio Director at Sports Interactive. “The training system for example has always been the best we thought it could be, until now. We’ve found a way to make it even better!”

With the implementation of the most intuitive training system in the series history, there is a new “match preparation” area of training so that managers can give their team specific areas to focus on in the lead up to a match. There are also more basic training schedules for players, and 14 different individual skill areas that you can focus your players
on.

Interaction with players, staff and the board have gone to a whole new level, with a host of new boardroom and backroom requests, a new player interaction module that allows the manager to have private conversations with players, as well as public conversations regarding players at other clubs.

Two years after the launch of the 3D Match Engine, players will see a number of improvements implemented for this year’s release. With over 100 new animations added, as well as more player emotions, new player models, new stadiums, pitch textures, improved lighting, floodlit night matches, more goal celebrations and lots of other extras which improve what was already the best match simulation on the market.

The other new features announced today include a revamped media module, which will keep the managers better up to date with events going on in their football world, as well as being more customisable than ever before, and the most requested feature that the Sports Interactive community have asked for in the last few years, dynamic league reputation, which makes for an even more realistic model of the footballing world.

Further new features will be announced via Twitter (@si_games), Facebook, a series of blogs and the popular Football Manager Podcast in the months leading up to the game’s release. With more new features than anyone could ever fit in a press release, Football Manager will retain its position as the most realistic, most played, annually best selling, and highest reviewed football management simulation in the world.

Football Manager Handheld 2011 will also be available for release this year on PSP, including improvements in the tactics screen, a completely new skin, the updated database and improved match graphics.

For further information please go to:

Sports Interactive - The developers of the Football Manager series (http://www.sigames.com)

Football Manager? 2011 (http://www.footballmanager.com)

Football Manager | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/officialfootballmanager)

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=7881
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=7878
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=7879

A review I read online recently

As the Premier League begins this weekend, football fans across the country will finally see whether their manager’s transfer dealings have paid off. For those who prefer to play at being manager, however, the season doesn’t get started for a few months.

Football Manager 2011 was announced this week and will be released in the autumn. It’s the latest edition in a series of games that began almost 20 years ago under the name Championship Manager. Gamers take over every aspect of running a football club, from signing players to choosing tactics and dealing with the media. It’s detailed, frustrating and fiercely beloved by its many fans. It’s also addictive: the average Football Manager 2010 player has spent around 100 hours on the game since its release last October.

“Have you ever been in the pub after a game and bemoaned a substitution by the manager? Have you ever driven home and listened to the radio and shouted at one of your supporters who suggests that you should bring in a new keeper?” asks Miles Jacobson, studio director at Sports Interactive, which makes the game. “That’s why it does so well. We give people the chance to find out whether their rants are accurate or not.”

Season after season the game has steadily improved its intricately detailed simulation of modern football management. There have been hiccups along the way, of course. “Football Manager 2009 had too many bugs in it,” Jacobson says. “It wasn’t acceptable.” As a result, Sports Interactive had a “polish year” last year, limiting new features and focusing on bug fixes.

The knock-on effect of that is that Football Manager 2011 comes with 400 new features - the most in any new edition of the game. Changes include a new training module to make it easier to fine-tune your team, conversations with players so that you can try to keep your squad happy and new contract negotiations, a feature based on actual football contracts to which Sports Interactive was given rare access.

“There’s one new feature which has been added in specifically for the community and for people who play the game long-term, which is something called Dynamic League Reputation,” Jacobson says. “With our previous games, the reputations of the countries and the countries’ leagues would stay the same. That would mean that you could never take a team from Northern Ireland, say, to European glory and be able to sign similar players to Barcelona or Real Madrid and the other teams in Northern Ireland would be unable to attract better players.

“With Dynamic League Reputation, if you took a Northern Irish team to winning the Champions League - for a start, that’s a miracle and you're the greatest manager in the world and give us a call because we can definitely find something for you to do here - it would mean that the reputation of the league would start going up because people would want to be playing at that club.”

The game has become so well known - the likes of Arsenal striker Andrei Arshavin and pop star Paulo Nutini are fans - that Jacobson and his team are given plenty of access to football clubs. Ray Houghton, the former Liverpool and Republic of Ireland player, acts as a consultant ensuring that the game is as accurate as can be.

The exchange of information goes the other way too. There are 400,000 players and staff in the Football Manager database, each meticulously researched by experts all over the world. Jacobson says: “Everton have an official licence to use our database as part of their scouting network because we’ve got more scouts than anyone else in football. We have 1,500 scouts around the world going to watch, not just first team players but the reserve team and the youth team.”

That depth can be daunting for some so in recent years Sports Interactive has begun offering simpler versions of the game. “For some people, our games had become too complicated we know that,” says Jacobson. “So we’ve released games, whether it be Football Manager Live or Football Manager Handheld, there are games out there for those people to play.

“The PSP and the iPhone games are a pick-up-and-play, five minute experience - you play one match and you put it back down again. Or if you’re on the train, you play half a dozen matches and then put it down. It’s not meant to be the in-depth experience.”

The team experimented with taking the game to consoles too, with an Xbox 360 version, but Jacobson says they were not happy with the results and have no plans to try again. We couldn’t get the control system right. It’s very difficult trying to get this kind of game working on that kind of control method and it beat us,” he says.

The main focus of Football Manager remains the laptop and desktop computer, whether PC or Mac. That’s where the complete experience is to be found and Jacobson says that it works for all levels of players.

“We make features that appeal to different sets of users,” he says. “Dynamic League Reputation is for the hardcore and if you look on our forums there are people saying ‘I never thought it would happen’. When there was a leak about something a couple of weeks ago and I went in there and said some of it was true and some of it wasn’t, there were people saying ‘the only thing I care about this year is Dynamic League Reputation. If that’s in the game, then it’s all fine’.

“Whereas things like the new training set up are in there to help people who’ve asked how they can make their team blend. The player interaction is to deal with players who become unhappy. The real, in-depth people know the tricks to try to keep them happy but we’ve got to come up with ways to make it easier for people to nail that stuff and what’s easier than having a chat with someone?”

For many football fans, the optimism of the season’s opening day soon fades. For players of Football Manager, there’s always the option to improve on reality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love strategy games since they are the ones that don't require super buff PC

And this game's multi-player mode is a big deal where I stay...

Love the game...

Empoleon
01.09.10, 07:54
nice, this and fifa manager seem to be the only good manger game.

totally agree with you about multi-player mode, this is the primary reason why i play soccermanager.com

yoco
01.09.10, 14:45
I do download every year new version, but for some reason I always don't finish even one season. Don't know why! :o

crystal
01.09.10, 22:51
this is by far the most addictive simulation game i have ever played . FM 2010 was fantastic and with new dynamic league reputation and real time negotiations with agents etc etc i am sure this is one the most eagerly awaited games of the year . i highly recommend to anyone to try this game out if your a football lover .

Resurrection
02.09.10, 12:27
Hey Its great to know that there are fans here...

I spent countless hours reading pdfs and forums about the best tactics to use in that game...

Ofcourse as we all know that's the biggest thrill of that game...What works for me wont work for you and vice versa kind of thing...

I have saved a brutal tactic at my home...Will look to share if i get my hands on it...

yoco
02.09.10, 16:19
Whit what club are you playing?

Resurrection
02.09.10, 18:51
yoco,

my tactic

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=7887

The details obviously will take many more screenshots but i lost those....

This is sort of Barcelona tactic...isn't it???

yoco
02.09.10, 22:40
I only play with Man United :D but like I said I get bored really fast :o
Why don't you upload your tactic somewhere?

Empoleon
03.09.10, 02:01
Arshavin in the 9th division, you must have his family for ransom.. hehe.

Nice tactics I employ something similar in soccer manager with my inter team.

http://i.imagehost.org/t/0447/inter_tactics.jpg (http://i.imagehost.org/view/0447/inter_tactics)

Just completed a tough game for the Charity Shield against Real Madrid.

Resurrection
03.09.10, 07:12
Hey empoleon you didn't see correctly...

I AM in the premier division but I'm ninth...As you can see the year is 2015,so arshavin is old as hell...

:wtongue:

YOCO,

I deleted the game a few months back but kept this screenshot for future references...The tactics I made are sadly gone...

Would have loved to exchange notes with you and others...

Empoleon
03.09.10, 09:19
Resurrection your right, I noticed your club name more than anything. Good work to promote your team from the depth of obscurity.

Resurrection
14.10.10, 12:00
A whole lotta updates regarding one of my favorite games...

Starting with

1.OFFICIAL TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7NWffZDjUA

2.RELEASE DATE

The release date for Football Manager 2011 is November 5th 2010.

3.DEMO RELEASE DATE

Still no official news on the FM 2011 demo. Expect it to be out a couple of weeks before November 5th 2010.

4.PREVIEW (WITH LOADS OF NEW SCREENSHOTS)

FM-Base Football Manager 2011 Preview - FM-Base - Football Manager 2011 (FM11) Forum - Players, Tactics & Cheats (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/fm-base-football-manager-2011-preview-t48971.html)

*Agents and contract negotiations and Player Interactions and many more changes....

yoco
14.10.10, 14:11
Any info on system requirements?

Resurrection
14.10.10, 16:02
Agreed brother..that's the thing I'm most interested in too...

No news as of 14.10.2010

yoco
14.10.10, 16:11
Well I'm sure it won't be some high end specs, I actually could play last's year! :D

Resurrection
14.10.10, 16:12
Yeah same here...

I didn't like the 3d gameplay either and switched to(and enjoyed) our trusty old 2d mode...

yoco
14.10.10, 16:21
:D
Well 3D sucks anyway ;D

pimphead07
14.10.10, 20:36
i liked the 3d view :( anyway, i am really looking forward to this years edition.. cant wait for 31st oct :D

Resurrection
01.11.10, 06:21
Just 5 more days until it is out (November 5th 2010)

The Football Manager 2011 Demo has been available to download for a week.

You can download the demo officially here (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f109/football-manager-2011-demo-download-now-t49686.html)

yoco
01.11.10, 11:16
I think I already saw a copy of it on some trackers.

pimphead07
02.11.10, 06:41
just played it.. OMG.. it has to be the greatest game of football simulation ever!! :D

I think I already saw a copy of it on some trackers.

yup.. its available of most trackers now. But its a little buggy. It keeps asking for DVD wen u resume a game. Waiting for a proper release but till then my current copy will suffice :)

Resurrection
02.11.10, 06:47
That Armada RIP looks good...

Just 800 MBs...

Good things come to those who wait...!!!

pimphead07
02.11.10, 15:27
That Armada RIP looks good...

Just 800 MBs...

It has a few bugs that i mentioned in the previous post. And when u extract it, it installs to 1.92gb so that is ok i guess.. I have the same version... now waiting for a proper release

yoco
02.11.10, 16:01
There's a proper crack out!

pimphead07, is it really that good?

pimphead07
03.11.10, 14:44
There's a proper crack out!

pimphead07, is it really that good?

Yes, If you havent played the previous versions, you'll love it. If you have played last years version, there is not much change visible to the eye but more changes have gone into improving the overall experience. Its just amazing and extremely realistic. Check out this review in case you want to know more: Football Manager 2011 PC Review - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-01-football-manager-2011-review)

P.S: i have the new proper crack and it still has issues. waiting for a proper release

crystal
03.11.10, 22:36
crackfix by armamda has issues , but there is a perfect crack available at bitgamer , check that one out . did not have any problems at all with that crack .

yoco
03.11.10, 22:42
Reloaded released a proper version! :D
Gonna download tomorrow!

yoco
05.11.10, 16:36
Did anyone install the update? I wanna know if the crack is working!

pimphead07
06.11.10, 10:11
Did anyone install the update? I wanna know if the crack is working!

If you have the reloaded version, there shouldnt be a problem

yoco
06.11.10, 15:13
pimphead07, do you maybe have any good tactic?

pimphead07
06.11.10, 16:08
pimphead07, do you maybe have any good tactic?

depends on which team you play.. i play with arsenal who have quick players so my tactic is suitable for them. Also tactics can chage depending on the status i.e if i am winning or losing.. i am currently working on it :)

yoco
06.11.10, 16:16
Well I pretty much only play with Man united. You have any good tactic for me maybe?

pimphead07
06.11.10, 18:10
Well I pretty much only play with Man united. You have any good tactic for me maybe?

you may want to refer to this site: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f100/

There, check out the "Tactics & Training" section.

Specifically for Man United, check out this link: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3451

its the best site for FM fans :)

ParamouR
06.11.10, 18:30
Does anyone know when is it releasing like the exact date. I need to download some soccer game as of now should I go with Fifa 2011 or should I wait for Football Manager 2011 to come up. My download is really very very bad. Like 10GB of game takes me like almost a month. ;(

pimphead07
06.11.10, 18:41
My download is really very very bad. Like 10GB of game takes me like almost a month. ;(

wow..which century do you live in?? anyway, both games are out and both games are different.. if u like managing, go with FM 2011.. fifa 11 is good if you want to actually play the game

ParamouR
06.11.10, 19:09
I have heard Football Manager 2011 is still pending all those releases on the net are all Trial versions, I wish to get a full game.
I know my ISP sucks, its the worst, I will upgrade my connection soon. If I get a good speed I might even save some electricity.

pimphead07
07.11.10, 03:58
I have heard Football Manager 2011 is still pending all those releases on the net are all Trial versions, I wish to get a full game.
I know my ISP sucks, its the worst, I will upgrade my connection soon. If I get a good speed I might even save some electricity.

You have been misinformed. Reloaded has come out with a proper release for both games. check your favourite Bit Torrent tracker for more information :P

ParamouR
07.11.10, 18:34
Oops I got confused with PES, I was thinking PES and Football manager are all the same :(
Looking forward for PES more than FIFA, as all say it has been the best!

pimphead07
07.11.10, 20:20
Even PES has been released.. again by "Reloaded". But imo, fifa 11 is better than PES this year too

Resurrection
08.11.10, 05:38

Man,if you are playing with Manchester United,more than half the job has already been done for you...Man Utd have so much money and player quality that you don't need to go looking for players...

I on the other hand am playing with a team called FC United of Manchester...its a non league team...

I swear to god by the end of this week I'll have spent almost 50 hours on the net looking for tactics...

Incredibly frustrating this game hence that much more satisfying...

ParamouR
08.11.10, 07:42
Even PES has been released.. again by "Reloaded". But imo, fifa 11 is better than PES this year too

I think your mistaken because I can't find a single 'PES' Full Game torrent, all there on BG are BETA/Trial version, its gonna release on first quarter of 2011 I suppose!

Resurrection
08.11.10, 07:45
Release date(s)

EU October 20, 2010
UK October 22, 2010
NA October 23, 2010

Source :Wikipedia Pro Evolution Soccer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2011)

The game has released...

I think your mistaken because I can't find a single 'PES' Full Game torrent, all there on BG are BETA/Trial version,

Ouch...that has to hurt...

The public trackers have the FULL game...Pirate bay torrent number 5860407

BG=bitgamer?Did you just search on bitgamer?

ParamouR
08.11.10, 07:45
Man,if you are playing with Manchester United,more than half the job has already been done for you...Man Utd have so much money and player quality that you don't need to go looking for players...

I on the other hand am playing with a team called FC United of Manchester...its a non league team...

I swear to god by the end of this week I'll have spent almost 50 hours on the net looking for tactics...

You can always use hack. My brother like plays always with some hack that he uses with that you have unlimited Money and all stadiums, balls etc unlocked.
He's a dork he can't share it with me, he thinks I might upload it on trackers making it common afterwards. I just hate him :|

Resurrection
08.11.10, 07:53
You can always use hack. My brother like plays always with some hack that he uses with that you have unlimited Money and all stadiums, balls etc unlocked.
He's a dork he can't share it with me, he thinks I might upload it on trackers making it common afterwards. I just hate him :|

That cheat software is called FMRTE

I detest using cheats...especially on this game...

Its so incredibly rewarding when you DO manage to pull off upsets over your bigger rivals...

ParamouR
08.11.10, 07:59
That cheat software is called FMRTE

I detest using cheats...especially on this game...

Its so incredibly rewarding when you DO manage to pull off upsets over your bigger rivals...

Thanks for the info. I myself personally don't like it, but just to make him jealous and annoy him I'm going to use it ;)

pimphead07
08.11.10, 10:33
I think your mistaken because I can't find a single 'PES' Full Game torrent, all there on BG are BETA/Trial version, its gonna release on first quarter of 2011 I suppose!

you didnt search properly: pro evolution soccer 2011 torrent search (http://www.torrentz.com/search?f=pro+evolution+soccer+2011)

i downloaded full game from BCG.. its on every single 0-day tracker.. gft,ipt,tl,bcg,scc and more!! dont know how you couldnt find it!!

ParamouR
08.11.10, 10:48
you didnt search properly: pro evolution soccer 2011 torrent search (http://www.torrentz.com/search?f=pro+evolution+soccer+2011)

i downloaded full game from BCG.. its on every single 0-day tracker.. gft,ipt,tl,bcg,scc and more!! dont know how you couldnt find it!!

OMG! how silly I'm, I use to search and abbreviate "pro evolution soccer" as "PES" making it not show in the torrents data. How foolish of me ;(
Thanks for pointing out!

yoco
08.11.10, 12:04

Trust me, I like this game, but I swear sometimes when I play with Man Utd and the way how my players play I could brake my monitor! It's so frustrating. And actually this year the budget for buying is only 24M €!

rockhard
28.11.10, 15:53
This game is amazing..i thought this game would not be that nice.but after playing the game , I recognized this game is awesome.

crystal
29.11.10, 17:02
This game is amazing..i thought this game would not be that nice.but after playing the game , I recognized this game is awesome.

the game gets even more amazing with the regens . we know how the real life footballers are and set tactics accordingly , but with regens it gets much more interesting with the different stats and there's much more fun in setting up your own team completely .

yoco
29.11.10, 19:06
What does regens mean? :o

crystal
30.11.10, 19:38
What does regens mean? :o

regens means regenerated players . they are not real life players , and you can easily identify them having random computerized faces .

yoco
30.11.10, 22:45
I see! Yea I saw a few of them, and they all looked ridicules :D