PDA

View Full Version : 127 Hours

yoco
25.08.10, 10:19
Release Date: November 5, 2010 (limited)
Studio: Fox Searchlight Pictures
Director: Danny Boyle
Screenwriter: Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy
Starring: James Franco, Amber Tamblyn, Kate Mara, Clemence Poesy, Kate Burton, Lizzy Caplan
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: R (for language and some disturbing violent content/bloody images)

"127 Hours" is the new film from Danny Boyle, the Academy Award winning director of last year's Best Picture, "Slumdog Millionaire." "127 Hours" is the true story of mountain climber Aron Ralston's (James Franco) remarkable adventure to save himself after a fallen boulder crashes on his arm and traps him in an isolated canyon in Utah. Over the next five days Ralston examines his life and survives the elements to finally discover he has the courage and the wherewithal to extricate himself by any means necessary, scale a 65 foot wall and hike over eight miles before he is finally rescued. Throughout his journey, Ralston recalls friends, lovers (Clemence Poesy), family, and the two hikers (Amber Tamblyn and Kate Mara) he met before his accident. Will they be the last two people he ever had the chance to meet? A visceral thrilling story that will take an audience on a never before experienced journey and prove what we can do when we choose life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-3AHv2E5jg

slikrapid
25.08.10, 15:24
boyle has some good movies, but this one seems to offer only good images of the surrounding nature...the rest seems like pompous nonsense or simply careless stupidity...a mountain climber with no idea of climbing basics/precautions, showing off his exaggerated/unrealistic skills, acting stupid/superior to impress some girls and so on

for a good documentary on realistic (mountain) climbing see:
First Ascent (2006)

for excellent boyle movies see:
The Beach (2000/I)
Trainspotting (1996)

yoco
08.10.10, 10:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0GycqTaXwQ

donkeykong
10.10.10, 22:59
seems interesting

I mostly like this type of movies, especially those that are based on true stories

Blocker
11.10.10, 01:20
Danny Boyle's movies are guaranteed

@Slikrapid : let's give it a try

yoco
11.10.10, 09:51
I showed the trailer to my cousin and he's all like "dude, we have to go watch this movie" :D