PDA

View Full Version : Razer launches mechanical gaming keyboard, BlackWidow

kazuya
20.08.10, 10:32
Razer has introduced the market's first mechanical keyboard designed specifically for gaming. Like any mechanical keyboard (see our review of the Das Professional), the BlackWidow boasts superior tactile feedback, but its formula is a bit different. Razer claims that most competing products have stiff keys that tire fingers, making them a poor choice for gaming and that's why pros opt for membrane products.

The new creation solves that problem by reducing the vertical travel distance needed to register a keystroke. Keys are triggered at around the halfway mark. Additionally, the BlackWidow supposedly has one of the lightest actuation forces of any keyboard, so typing should be much faster than other mechanical keyboards.

Razer launches mechanical gaming keyboard, BlackWidow - TechSpot News (http://www.techspot.com/news/40008-razer-launches-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-blackwidow.html)

dju
20.08.10, 11:45
I would like it :D Actually the fact you can see the keys in dark makes it much more valuable. This is a huge plus for gamers who like playing games at night. For example DOOM3 :D, creepy but some find it fun.

kazuya
20.08.10, 12:49
i have with light keys and play at night but never in dark,monitor is to bright then,my eyes hurt

dju
23.08.10, 11:40
i have with light keys and play at night but never in dark,monitor is to bright then,my eyes hurt

agreed. when i use pc at night with no lights arround, i turn my monitors brightness and contrast to 0 and then it's still a bit too bright for me... the same when watching movies in darkness :)