PDA

View Full Version : what

bosse
01.08.10, 22:18
anyone spare a what invite?

anon
01.08.10, 22:31
10 posts and you're already requesting What... that's so sweet.

As I said yesterday, you're fortunate enough your country isn't banned from the IRC interview, so study up and try to pass it.

bosse
01.08.10, 22:40
i'm going to be out of town working so won't have time to study for the next few months..wanted to grab music for the trip and the long drive across the country.

i've also got Secret Cinema and TvTorrents to offer.

anon
01.08.10, 22:41
i'm going to be out of town working so won't have time to study for the next few months..

It's not as hard as it looks... and if you have any doubts, you can ask here (or in the IRC channel for those questions).

The hardest part is waiting to be interviewed.

SealLion
02.08.10, 00:34
you know, I don't like doing this by replying to someone's else's SEARCH thread, but just for the sake of it and to potentially help you out on the off-chance that your unsuccessful in finding what you want.

What.CD isn't the only music site around.

You know that there's also a tonne of music blogs on the internet in which you don't half to worry about ratio and seeding and all, yes??

If you really are desperate, there's also a warez site called "soundarea. org" ( purely music and 0day too if you like that).

That's not the only one, of/c...many more around if you look. Just get yourself a decent piece of software like JDouwnloader or what-ever you like.

I'm only mentioning this in case you aren't successful in getting a What invite.

The other thing is you can't really expect people to hand you out a What invite if they aren't familiar with you.
It's like " oh, ya...I"ve never met you. I don't know anything about you either but I'll still let you have sex with my daughter and do with her as you please".......you understand my point??

No one is familiar with you.

You need to be able to spend some amount of time on a forum for pple to be able to recognize you, hand you out something that is a higher-level tracker invite and be content with the fact that they've given you something worthwhile to someone who they deem is worthwhile....you understand??

10 posts isn't going to do it.

This is in addition to the fact that you mention that you've got something else to offer in return. When pple see you here in the forums on a more frequent basis, they're more liable to trust you and not have to consider if this new guy here who's asking for a What invite as a trade for something else isn't going to rip them off and leave them empty-handed in the end.

And that's said aside from the middle-man services that we offer here ( which no-one seems to use anyways :frown: ).

I'm not attempting to critisize you negatively, only hoping that you'll consider my words as I think that they do have some important details for you to hopefully consider.

Other than that, I wish you success in your Search endeavors and hopefully see you around in the forums more frequently :smile:

But just don't expect a higher-level invite from someone whom they don't recognize or aren't familiar with.
That's all.

Happy hunting :smile:

bosse
02.08.10, 02:13
thanks sealion. i appreciate your thoughtfulness.
since oink shutdown i've been using mp3 blogs exclusively...that is after a very brief time at what that i don't really remember.
i got an invite the other day but didn't realize i had the same ip from the first account i had when they first opened.
i saw quite a few things in there, before they clipped me, that i've hunted religiously on the blogs for years, so that's where my interest lies now.
i've got a new 27" imac in a box waiting for me when i get back from my trip so i'm planning on taking advantage of it by learning the ins and outs of low-medium bandwidth sharing...so i'll definitely be on these forums more. i won't be offended if you delete this thread btw.

Instab
02.08.10, 02:18
thanks sealion. i appreciate your thoughtfulness.
since oink shutdown i've been using mp3 blogs exclusively...

depending on what you're looking for blogs and forums are much better than what.cd

bosse
02.08.10, 02:30
depending on what you're looking for blogs and forums are much better than what.cd

i agree with this completely. my tastes are particular and usually impossible to find at popular sites. however there were at least 8 albums i saw that i've been looking for in forums and blogs for 2-3 years. for instance 4 of the albums are homemade albums by buskers, street performers, who only sell their albums on the street. i know half of the folks playing on it and they don't even have copies.