PDA

View Full Version : [Tut] How to use uTorrent without trackers

piratemeister
09.07.10, 11:45
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9569/senzanomeyz.png
(opened uTorrent for 10 second...)

Select any torrent, and delete trackers how in the image. You can also delete it only for some torrent, for example only for copyright protected file for more privacy. This can be useful if to someone don't work the trackers but he can use DHT. For example with my provider (New Provider next week !!!) I can use DHT but I can't use trackers. This is a little trick for who have that problem.
Maybe is not useful for anyone or is a stupid thing but I posted it if someone is interested.

I hope is useful to someone, I don't know how torrent works.

Bye... :top:

Butcho
09.07.10, 15:49
It's the same like ghostleeching on private sites...

Extraterrestrial
09.07.10, 16:13
This will most likely get you banned in private trackers, however in public ones it is ok but you won't connect to any new peers other than the ones you're already connected to .

Butcho
09.07.10, 16:16
You could get new peers via dht if you use this method on public sites...

anon
09.07.10, 18:27
You could get new peers via dht if you use this method on public sites...

What he said. This will work fine for public torrents if you're paranoid (I'd still suggest you use a tracker, it expands your peer horizon somewhat), but you should NOT do it on private sites unless you know what you're doing.

For those so interested:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=12403

piratemeister
09.07.10, 20:30
Hi

I repeat, I don't know better how torrent working, but some provider block the connection to the tracker, and for don't see always red download and hoverhead bandwitch for contact they, you can delete it. This guide is only for this because I don't know uTorrent and if it is a security advantage. In any case in DHT you will found the same seed and peer. I hope this guide can be useful to some people but I don't know if is good guide or stupid guide.

Bye

anon
09.07.10, 20:31
Some private trackers offer SSL announce URLs. You can use that if your provider blocks them.

piratemeister
09.07.10, 20:36
No problem. Next week new provider and I can also continue my test for eMule SBI leecher betas :biggrin:

AsusGraphics
09.07.10, 21:23
Downloads and uploads via dht can't be tracked?

anon
09.07.10, 21:24
In theory, the other peers can know what you're up to. I don't think the idea behind this thread is security, but rather being able to download when the tracker can't be used for some reason.

AsusGraphics
09.07.10, 21:27
Hmm.. so why use it?

anon
09.07.10, 21:27
Because
I don't think the idea behind this thread is security, but rather being able to download when the tracker can't be used for some reason.

For example, when your
provider block the connection to the tracker, and for don't see always red download and hoverhead bandwitch for contact

lolz
18.07.10, 05:02
This is the way I've used for a long time ago. Start torrent, wait until I reach a max speed with few seeders and remove tracker. It's fine with private tracker instead DHT is disabled but peer is still growing. I'll recheck this method with my dupe and report :D

anon
18.07.10, 19:12
This is the way I've used for a long time ago. Start torrent, wait until I reach a max speed with few seeders and remove tracker.

It's called ghostleeching. :eek:

I first read about that method on April 2007, but was too afraid TL and ILT would catch me. :lol: