PDA

View Full Version : Moonbase Alpha (video game)

Blocker
01.07.10, 03:23
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI8_9eN-2Uo&feature=player_embedded

Plot

Moonbase Alpha is set in the year 2032 and focuses on exploring the day in the life of a lunar-based astronaut. As a meteor strike damages an outpost near the moon's South Pole, the player must take control of a member of the outpost's research team and repair the outpost in order to save the 12 years of research accomplished there. These tasks will include repair vital components of the life support system, solar array and oxygen units, and can be accomplished with a wide variety of tools ranging from robotic repair units to the lunar rover.

Development

Designed as a precursor to Astronaut: Moon, Mars and Beyond, NASA's Massively Multiplayer Online game, Moonbase Alpha is designed to encourage an interest in space exploration in school children. Because the game is meant to be a collaborate effort, the repair mission can be conducted by 6 players with an additional 6 observers. An online leaderboard is included, encouraging players to use teamwork to help repair the station faster and earn a spot on the leaderboard. Designed using the Unreal 3 Engine, Moonbase Alpha features solo or team play, VOIP chat, and an alternate voiceable chat engine

Source:Moonbase Alpha (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonbase_Alpha_%28video_game%29)

SealLion
01.07.10, 03:38
moonbase alpha used to be what was, i believe, from this old tv show called 'space 1999'. on that show, i've seen it and man it's old....really old.
the moonbase was called 'moonbase alpha'.

---------- Post added at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

with some of the strangest looking aliens you ever did see.

Instab
01.07.10, 03:40
i think it's this Moonbase Alpha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonbase_Alpha)

loved it :D

SealLion
01.07.10, 04:00
YES, MAN!!!!....THAT IS SOOOOOOO FAR OUUUUTTTTT!!!!!
THAT'S THE ONE!!!

What a interesting show, but very, very corny space aliens. ...Ooogly-eyed aliens.

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

And what happened to the scientist on Season 2??
all of a sudden he wasn't around anymore from season 1??
it's like he was never on the show??

Instab
01.07.10, 04:02
And what happened to the scientist on Season 2??
all of a sudden he wasn't around anymore from season 1??
it's like he was never on the show??

hehehe, glad you liked the link :D

it's sooo long ago i don't recall. but you just made me wanna download it :P

SealLion
01.07.10, 04:04
would you believe that I actually bought it??
I did see it on some tracker... Demonoid, I think or even ....better not say....don't want someone from some tracker to be reading this and then looking for an SBI'er to download that show and then get banned, yes??

Instab
01.07.10, 04:06
would you believe that I actually bought it??

maybe?? :P

I did see it on some tracker... Demonoid, I think or even ....better not say....don't want someone from some tracker to be reading this and then looking for an SBI'er to download that show and then get banned, yes??

how kind :top:

SealLion
01.07.10, 04:13
maybe....??

you mean your not sure that I bought it??:confused2:
I don't get it??

Instab
01.07.10, 04:38
maybe....??

you mean your not sure that I bought it??:confused2:
I don't get it??

just kiddin a bit :happy:
i do believe you bought it! and i think it's a real classic worth having in the collection