PDA

View Full Version : Rio Ferdinand Out Of World Cup

caballero
05.06.10, 02:14
OFFICIAL: Rio Ferdinand Out Of World Cup; Michael Dawson Drafted In As Steven Gerrard Takes Over England Captaincy

The Football Association have confirmed England captain Rio Ferdinand is out of theWorld Cup with a knee injury and Tottenham Hotspur's Michael Dawson has been called up as a replacement.

BBC Radio 5 Live reported Ferdinand, 31, broke down after a tackle from Aston Villa's Emile Heskey. Manager Fabio Capello confirmed earlier today that Dawson had been drafted in on stand-by after he was initially cut from the provisional 30-man squad.

Source: Goal.com (http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world-cup-2010/2010/06/04/1958854/official-rio-ferdinand-out-of-world-cup-michael-dawson)

Not what I wanted, if they lose now; they will say we played without Ferdinand.
We have to wait for another world cup to see England enter the world cup without excuses. Previous excuses for not having great achievement in the world cup: the weather is hot and it doesn't suite our players (June in the northern part of earth is always hot of course!). Finally we have a cold world cup for the "The Three Lions" but it turns out their captain is injured.

yoco
05.06.10, 11:51
Dude seriously doesn't have luck this year!

Extraterrestrial
05.06.10, 18:38
Add to Rio ; Ballack (Germany) , Drogba ( Ivory Coast) , Essien (Ghana) and Mikiel Obay (Nigeria) .

caballero
05.06.10, 18:42
Drogba ( Ivory Coast)

The French media did a u-turn on this case. After stating he will not be able to play they went back and stated he will be fit to play.

Extraterrestrial
05.06.10, 18:50
The French media did a u-turn on this case. After stating he will not be able to play they went back and stated he will be fit to play.

Let's hope you're right . Ivory Coast is the only team that could present a good picture to African football in this world cup and without Drogba in a group stage that includes Brazil and Holland it's highly unlikely to do something.

By the way, i expect Ghana to be the surprise of this tournament :cool2:

Blocker
06.06.10, 00:27
So England lost this world cup Ferdinand and Beckham,what a shame! :frown:

Because England is a possible winner for this cup

fakeking
06.06.10, 06:02
But they have Gerrard. :tongue:. You know maybe he'll break England Trophiless curse. :biggrin:

crystal
06.06.10, 10:46
but England's main central defender was Rio . their main defender is gone and england only have 2 good defenders Terry and Ledley King who has a chronic knee problem and there are doubts whether he can play 3 games a week .

C3PO
06.06.10, 10:59
By the way, i expect Ghana to be the surprise of this tournament :cool2:

I don't like surprises, only good ol' teams, playing good ol' football :klatsch_3:

Extraterrestrial
06.06.10, 11:24
I don't like surprises, only good ol' teams, playing good ol' football
By surprises i mean they will knock Germany out of the first round and qualify to the second round with Serbia.

Ghana is a well organized team and will hunt the Germans down, you'll see.

(Argentina - Serbia - Holland - Spain - USA - Ghana - Ivory Coast - Cameron) Keep a close eye on those teams (One of them will be the champion ) :biggrin:

I expect Serbia to be the winner. :cool2:

C3PO
06.06.10, 11:34
I'm always cheering for Holland, but they are having always bad luck, the poor fellas...

kazuya
06.06.10, 12:18
wtf, they can't play without one player?! i wouldn't even mention him,there are plenty others who can play,better and with more will